[3.10] Toxic Rain Trickster 30 Mil Shaper DPS (the best one)

I'll post the bow to help clarify. I don't have any open suffixes; I'm asking if I should leave it as it, or remove the multimod, craft CDOT, exalt slam, then warlord slam. I do not have the generic damage over time suffix (i wish i did, ugh)

Bow in question:

Sorry for the crappy pic; I'm on console. I need to learn how to upload my gear here.

EDIT: Link isn't working, so:

Prefixes:
+1 to Socketed Gems
+2 to Socketed Bow Gems
38% Chaos Damager over Time multiplier

Suffixes:
Can have up to 3 crafted Modifiers
18% Increased Attack Speed
22% Increased Attack Speed while Rare/Unique Nearby

My alternative is to remove the crafted mods only, recraft CDOT and double exalt slam, so:

Prefixes:
+1 to Socketed Gems
+2 to Socketed Bow Gems
38% Chaos Damager over Time multiplier (recrafted)

Suffixes:
Random Exalt Slam
Random Warlord Exalt Slam

I would love to get a generic damage over time, and additional projectiles, but I'll likely get increased projectile speed and maim.
Last edited by AZNinferno88 on May 20, 2020, 10:16:30 PM
About the Mirage Archer sound, it actually does not make a sound itself, but it just repeats the toxic rain sound each time it fires. Which makes sense.

However I realized quickly while playing that while I did not mind the TR sound when manually firing it, the constant metronome-like effect of the same sound via the Mirage Archer was making me crazy.

You could argue the problem here is me, and you would probably be right, but here it is :p
Last edited by thomzon on May 21, 2020, 5:02:53 AM
Bought an unnatural instinct to free up some points and bumped my dot dps to 544k and equipped a megalomaniac i had with culling strike! this build is nuts lol
"
Viktranka wrote:
EDIT: Re-reading what you said maybe I didn't understand fully, did you mean you should always try to regal a desirable mod and avoid having to multimod no matter what?

i was talking about making the best of the best type of bow. like the 25+ exalt type of bows. even better, actually. those types of bows, yes you should be looking to regal a desired mod.

otherwise, you're looking at like a 6-8 exalt bow. just having 3 desired mods + crafted work just fine. much easier, obviously, but again obviously much cheaper.
now these bows will easily clear all of the game, but if you're looking for the best of the best, real min/maxed type of shit, a bow is relatively easy to craft
"
AZNinferno88 wrote:
I'll post the bow to help clarify. I don't have any open suffixes; I'm asking if I should leave it as it, or remove the multimod, craft CDOT, exalt slam, then warlord slam. I do not have the generic damage over time suffix (i wish i did, ugh)

Bow in question:

Sorry for the crappy pic; I'm on console. I need to learn how to upload my gear here.

EDIT: Link isn't working, so:

Prefixes:
+1 to Socketed Gems
+2 to Socketed Bow Gems
38% Chaos Damager over Time multiplier

Suffixes:
Can have up to 3 crafted Modifiers
22% Increased Attack Speed while Rare/Unique Nearby

My alternative is to remove the crafted mods only, recraft CDOT and double exalt slam, so:

Prefixes:
+1 to Socketed Gems
+2 to Socketed Bow Gems
38% Chaos Damager over Time multiplier (recrafted)

Suffixes:
Random Exalt Slam
Random Warlord Exalt Slam

I would love to get a generic damage over time, and additional projectiles, but I'll likely get increased projectile speed and maim.

Given the costs associated with crafting/slamming, I would say just leave your bow as is and start again on a new bow following the steps xMustard set out. You would need to hit BOTH dot multi slam and a good warlord slam to improve it. If you only hit 1 of those 2, it's at best neutral. If you hit neither of those two, it's worse. The odds are not on your side.
I just wanted to chime in and say this is a great guide and build. I have completed all content on this build (pretty easily to be fair) and it scales very well.

I league started as a HoAG Jugg and while I never died it killed slow (and scales poorly, capped around 3m shaper dps).
I then played a Max Block Impale Lacerate Glad and again it was tanky and damage was much higher than HoAG (8m shaper dps) but versus bosses it just wasn't mobile enough and struggled.

This build I have invested around 40ex and while no where near as tanky it basically off screens everything. Bosses are easy as damage is almost completely mobile and can be pre-loaded on phased bosses. I even tested this build with very cheap gear other than the clusters (tabula/cheap +skill bow/no Q gems/etc) and it was still very strong against basically everything other than 100% delirious maps/simulacrums and A8.

I do want to note for the fourth medium cluster I HIGHLY recommend Eternal Suffering/Eldritch Inspiration. The max mana/mana regen is very nice.

Again, thanks for the great guide and good luck to others out there enjoying this build.
Last edited by futureGadget on May 21, 2020, 5:44:38 PM
"
futureGadget wrote:

I do want to note for the fourth medium cluster I HIGHLY recommend Eternal Suffering/Eldritch Inspiration. The max mana/mana regen is very nice.

Again, thanks for the great guide and good luck to others out there enjoying this build.

Depends on your gear, I have ~50 mana and absolutely no mana issues without eldritch inspiration
Lovely build - I can speed through t16 maps, even swapping my main items with suboptimal amulet, boots and helm to increase my movement speed.

Done uber elder deathless.

It's an awesome build with relatively cheap buildup aside from bow, with potential for a huge ex investment to really get some items that makes you melt even faster. Definately not the last time I play toxic arrow.
Hi, I would like to give you some information about the "Increase area of effect per pod"

I would say that source is false. Here is my proof
https://streamable.com/4pdsth

here I use golden rule, with a bunch of chance to poison and accuracy rating support gems to make the hit rate as accurate as possible. Though I would say my chance to poison is wanky.

I have 85% to poison and 100% chance to hit, with 145% increased aoe.

Here you would only see me hitting 5 overlaps maximum, and it is not consistent either, sometimes it's even lower.

With your 76% increased area of effect, I don't think you would be hitting the same results the same as me.

======

If you want to test it out, use golden rule, drop all support gems so the boss won't die too quick. Replace them with a bunch of chance to poison support gems and an accuracy support gem.

There will be an initial hit that counts towards your poison stack, then when the pods explode, the overlap damage will hit the enemy and count towards your poison stack

======

Also my point is about the reddit post and the aoe overlap shenanigans as being incorrect.
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on May 24, 2020, 8:51:55 AM
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
Hi, I would like to give you some information about the "Increase area of effect per pod"

I would say that source is false. Here is my proof
https://streamable.com/4pdsth

here I use golden rule, with a bunch of chance to poison and accuracy rating support gems to make the hit rate as accurate as possible. Though I would say my chance to poison is wanky.

I have 85% to poison and 100% chance to hit, with 145% increased aoe.

Here you would only see me hitting 5 overlaps maximum, and it is not consistent either, sometimes it's even lower.

With your 76% increased area of effect, I don't think you would be hitting the same results the same as me.

======

If you want to test it out, use golden rule, drop all support gems so the boss won't die too quick. Replace them with a bunch of chance to poison support gems and an accuracy support gem.

There will be an initial hit that counts towards your poison stack, then when the pods explode, the overlap damage will hit the enemy and count towards your poison stack

======

Also my point is about the reddit post and the aoe overlap shenanigans as being incorrect.

Thanks for sharing your experiment. It's unfortunately insanely hard to test to keep everything truly constant, and I think that's why nobody really bothers (me included), so kudos to you for going out and doing it.

It doesn't appear that the pods land in a deterministic manner, but rather a sort of distribution of possible landing places. The reddit guys did it by freeze-framing and pixel-measuring, so I have no trouble believing it could be erroneous. Beyond that, even if you could set up a best-case testing scenario (you and a CI friend in pvp, etc.), it's not clear that it would actually be representative of real gameplay. Things like the size of the enemy, whether they're moving or not, where exactly you click your mouse in relation to the enemy, whether the space is wide open or a narrow hallway, etc. will all change things in practice.

I tried to emphasize this alongside the posted chart, but this is not scientific or rigorous the way that things like cast on crit are, where we know things like the internal cooldown mechanics and the tick times of the server, and the rest is just math. I had hoped to just give a very rough sense of scale in order to make tradeoffs between different gear/notables. How good is the Broadside notable compared with the rest of the chaos damage ones, etc.?

I'm not trying to defend my exact numbers, but I think the ballpark is reasonable. You need something on the order of 40-50% AoE to get an extra overlap in the long run, on average, but it's always going to be situation-dependent. Maybe it's 55, maybe 35, but it's not 0 and it's not 200.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info