Total beta content and resets

I have two questions.

First how much content is available in the current beta patch?

Second how often have they been resetting the servers and erasing characters?
Actually, there are 2 acts implemented (but the 2nd one is still missing some content at the end, like a boss) in 4 "difficulties". This will change in the near future to 3 difficulty sets of 3 acts!

Since december, I've seen not a single char wipe (erase), and 2 times a migration to legacy. The only announced wipe will happen with the open beta start: then all your chars will be set back to level 1 again (to keep their names), along with a full erase of all items.

Server restarts happen infrequently on demand, but with a very low downtime.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Is there a level cap?
100 is the level cap.
Thanks for the answers
Realistically ~70 is the level cap, and you can make it up to ~80 if you grind like a madman.
i hope (but am pretty sure) there will be mobs with higher lvl in the future, making late progression easier. On the other hand, it would be normal that progressing from let's say lvl 90 to 100 requires a lot of grinding (else everyone will run around with lvl 100).
"
patroche wrote:
i hope (but am pretty sure) there will be mobs with higher lvl in the future, making late progression easier. On the other hand, it would be normal that progressing from let's say lvl 90 to 100 requires a lot of grinding (else everyone will run around with lvl 100).

Well sure, but he asked about the beta.

If the cap is at 100, then making the hardest enemies ~80 would have the correct effect (most people get to 90, a few people can make it all the way to 100 with a lot of investment).

Alternatively GGG can make level 100 easily obtainable to shift focus even more to items, though that seems less desirable.
Makes me think, another fun and creative solution would be to create an Aera you can access via a portal that opens with an item that drops randomly (say an orb) on the end boss.

That area would contain lvl 90 mobs, but the twist would be that the area is "hardcore" (Death = char RIP). Once you exit the area you would be back on "normal mode".

Would sure be a nice alternative to boring runs with "leechers" (since leechers, who do not have a solid level would think twice before entering that area and risking to lose their char).

Last edited by patroche on Apr 18, 2012, 6:37:22 AM
Sounds crazy, but what should happen with such a "ripped" char? There's no ultimate death actually in POE, you always fall "only" back to normal - so there had to be an appropriate penalty on dying, at least a noticable exp loss (20%?) and to be pulled of that area.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info