[3.10] Durimon's COC Ice Nova Assassin, New Way of ES & DPS Balance, 8 ex for 100% Delirium

The main concept of this build is to break your common sense about es build. Before 3.10 with cluster jewels, people thought es less than 8000 is no worth trying at all because it's 'glassy'

But thanks to genius cluster jewels system, you can have new way of designing es build having high dmg reduction + even high ele. resist. (more ele. resis if you invest more.) So, with 4000 es, it can beat out 100% delirium monsters without dying.

My build is carefully balanced between dps / defense. dps is also defense in this game. If you have both in balance, you hardly get killed.

Lastly, the problem of coc build in this 3.10 league is, people concentrate on increasing dps only making their build 'glass-canon' So, even with milions of dps, they have to 'side-cyclone' monsters worrying about getting one-shotted.

My build doesn't get one-shotted at all. You can see es get reduced as you get dmg, which means you can make use of vaal molten shell and vaal discipline when needed. And, of course, once they are turned on, you are almost 'immortal' for seconds, enough to get rid of dangerous situation.

Also, dps is high enough to make full use of cinderswallow flask (3% es recovery on kill). So, all in one, 4000 es can beat simulacrum piece of cake without dying and even 100% delirium maps without dying and quite easily.

When I say a build can clear 100% delirium without dying, that means you can do t16 maps and simulacrum 'blind-folded.' piece of cake. They are not even to be mentioned because 100% delirium maps are hardest contents in 3.10.

It's better to see how it works on video. Please watch video listed below.

Video

100% Delirium map with Conqueror Quest full run, Conqueror, Sirus:

https://youtu.be/DYM5nD-KESY?t=69

POB : https://pastebin.com/yLTcJDS2

Mechanics

Spoiler
Not so complicated. It's all about cluster jewels. 90% phy dmg reduction from small cluster jewels and ascendancy + 25%/8%/8% for first hit less ele dmg taken from armour/ascendancy/pantheon + fortify 20% less dmg taken.

Also, for dps,

shock (15% effect) + arcane surge (10% more) + immune to curse while channeling + over 600 crit multi = these are all or mostly from cluster jewels.

total 21% more dmg from militant faith jewel (per power charge) and culling strike from ascendancy.

No-No and difficult map mods

Spoiler
1. no regen / % reduced regen maps
2. reflect. maps, you need to drink diamond flask constantly. Yes, you can run those
3. - resist. mods : need to be careful.

Gear and Gem setting

Spoiler
First of all, I must tell you COC build is not like other builds that you just follow exactly same as builder's gear. Passive should be same or can be changed in dex 2 keynodes only depending on how many stats you have on your gear. But, items must be carefully calculated before purchase.

The point of COC is to get dex/str/accuracy you need. In order to get them, you need to use POB to see how much you need for each, and then buy all the items you need at once.

Also, there are so many ways to replace items I am using if you cannot find it on market. This one also needs to be calculated in advance. I will provide info. on that in detail but I guess this will be case by case depending on what other items you have or bought for cheap price.

This time I won't link all the gear I am equipped with here. Please refer to POB since you will have to calculate and replace them one by one depending on what items you already have and searched

Gear Replace

Spoiler

These two above are the ones I guess that will be sold out soon. (Those were actually 34c / 10c)

In order to replace both, there are many ways. So, I will give you just one way to replace them:

Give up on Hatred aura (18% more dmg) and get almost same amount of dps from other mods.

Get Herald of Ice instead of Hatred (35% mana reservation)

You can get 6% per power charge + increased spell/cold dmg amulet or per power charge + crit multi.

Also, since you don't really care about mana reservation, on the shield, look for higher spell dmg + cold dmg

You will have left over unreserved mana. lvl up precision and get more accurat. + crit chance.

If you do so, dps is almost same as having hatred with the two items above.

Needed mods from Amulet : dmg boosting mods (per power charge, crit multi or spell/cold dmg) + es + accurat. (% armour is extra. the build works fine without it.)

This dex crystal belt is easy to make with essence of sorrow.

But if you are 'cursed' character who fails to get a nice one, replace this with str. styg. belt and put high es + crit multi or dmg boosting mods. And then, get dex from somewhere else like amulet. You don't really need armour on belt since it does not affect much to the build.

List of all needed keynodes from cluster jewels

Spoiler
Large Cluster Jewel:

Arcane Adept, Precise Retaliation (Sap Psyche is extra and good to have with Arcane Adept but if expensive and difficult to make, abandon it.)

Medium Cluster Jewel:

Cold conduction, blast-freeze, hex breaker, precise focus

Small Cluster Jewel:

Dragon Hunter, Enduring composure

Passive

Spoiler
Passive is very important in this build. Do not change except for dex keynodes depending on dex on your gear.

all you need from watcher's is #% increased crit. chance enemies on consecrated ground. very cheap.

This is where you put transcendent flesh jewel and get over 50% crit multi.

This is where you put your militant faith with Dominus name. Make sure you get keystone near it.

As I marked, you only need one keynode from large cluster jewel (precise retaliation) and one keynode from medium cluster jewel(precise focus) here. 5 passive medium cluster jewel with precise focus is also fine. Since these are cheap and easy to make, get stat/resis/es whatever you lack from medium and small cluster jewels.

On large cluster jewel, there's only one needed keynode, arcane adept. The other keynode, just get any with spell dmg or nothing.

Ascendancy

Spoiler

Pantheon

Spoiler
Solaris (open all) - Abberath (open all)

Bandit

Spoiler
Kill all

Tips on 100% Delirium Mapping and Simulacrum

1. Drink all flask every time you jump into bunch of monster. (If lazy, attach one stick on 12345 and then push it. It will make flask hotkeys pushed at once.
2. Do not leap slam when you are slowed in 100% delirium. Leap slam when you can and get fortify.
3. Use vaal molten shell when you are in danger. If still need something to get out of dangerous situation like 50 monsters around delirium boss and you are middle of them, use vaal discipline also after vaal molten shell's over.
4. DPS is already amazing, so you can be overconfident. Don't be. When you encounter boss, use vaal molten shell and vaal discipline to get rid of little shits (spite) and monsters around him first. And then make the fight one-on-one with him. Once you make him alone, the fight is piece of cake and quick.

Leveling Guide

Coming soon (use ball lightning miner to clear act until I write in detail. :))

Durimon Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwRtM1TEmxxyOJe968F5xtg?view_as=subscriber

Durimon Twitch : https://twitch.tv/durimon
Last edited by bluewelkin on Apr 23, 2020, 3:52:52 AM
Last bumped on May 6, 2020, 3:38:46 AM
This looks great! getting a bit bored with my character and going to give this a go. I have a couple questions though:

first, what are you using wave of conviction for?

Second, when you use cinderswallow you gain onslaught and your attack speed jumps up over 7 aps. Doesn't that lower you dps significantly since you don't have any cdr on gear?
Last edited by Codiak324 on Apr 30, 2020, 12:20:28 AM
I would guess he is using Cast when Damage Taken -> Wave of Conviction for this:
"Exposure applies -25% to Elemental Resistance matching highest Damage taken"

You can alternatively get the same effect by using a cluster jewel node called Corrosive Elements
Sounds like a great version of CoC Ice nova!

Can I ask:
1) What changes can you make to maximise DPS and movement speed for fast T16 mapping?

2) Is there a budget version of this (more thinking about league start next season and transition to this build)?
Im really sorry but this has to be a troll? Im looking at your POB and the DPS is catastrophically low. I don't understand how you're killing bosses with this damage.

Yes i understand how your build works, i have an 700ex + level 100 CoC Nova Assassin with like 2 million+ Shaper DPS with Nova alone, granted i don't have as much defense as you but you also have not even close to the same damage as i do and running 100% delirious t16 maps is not exactly simple, im not dying as i can swerve like a pro but im definitely not killing so fast that they don't exist heraldry style, so i just can't imagine your build just chunking through those mobs with a billion health and you somehow stay alive. They use to insta kill my 12k ES build that was almost built purely on defense with triple your damage.

I need to see more video proof of these "easy 100% Del t16 maps" and your apparent face tanking of endgame bosses, cause your POB tells me otherwise.

Please prove me wrong so i can respec my whole build.

Regards
"
Jazzpah wrote:
Im really sorry but this has to be a troll? Im looking at your POB and the DPS is catastrophically low. I don't understand how you're killing bosses with this damage.

Yes i understand how your build works, i have an 700ex + level 100 CoC Nova Assassin with like 2 million+ Shaper DPS with Nova alone, granted i don't have as much defense as you but you also have not even close to the same damage as i do and running 100% delirious t16 maps is not exactly simple, im not dying as i can swerve like a pro but im definitely not killing so fast that they don't exist heraldry style, so i just can't imagine your build just chunking through those mobs with a billion health and you somehow stay alive. They use to insta kill my 12k ES build that was almost built purely on defense with triple your damage.

I need to see more video proof of these "easy 100% Del t16 maps" and your apparent face tanking of endgame bosses, cause your POB tells me otherwise.

Regards

Hey Mate,
Ive put together a version of this build that is not even as optimized as his and I just easily sailed through a t14 100% delirium deathless....and I'm not a good player. he didn't check a lot of the stuff on his pob, so the damage is a bit higher than stated. I replaced hatred with herald of ice, and the amulet and shield with non reservation versions that had some damage mods. the damage isn't crazy (my chest ice nova hits for around 350k and the sword skills for about 200k frostbolt 90k nova) but it's enough and the survivability is top notch even with only 4.2k es. Here's my pob if you wanna take a look. Again, this was pretty budget version and not even close to optimized....I don't even have 100%hit chance yet.

pob: https://pastebin.com/aiAvey5e

I don't have video capabilities on this comp but I promise it went pretty much exactly like his did in the video, ezpz.
Last edited by Codiak324 on May 2, 2020, 1:31:18 AM
make your character public so we can see it because your large cluster jewel in pob doesnt work,it just shows lines
Last edited by norxe on May 3, 2020, 8:16:38 AM
"
Jazzpah wrote:

Regards

I didn't even check this thread because I was working on winter orb and kinetic bolts coc. Sorry for the late reply.

One thing I must tell u is, only novice talks about pob dmg this league. pob doesn't calculate dmg accurately and this league has new cluster jewels that don't really get applied in pob.

That's why I didn't check on a lot of dps boost things in pob, cuz it's meaningless. For ex, 21% more dmg from militant jewel and stuff.

After I uploaded guide on youtube, people who suffered being one-shot changed their setting to mine, and they are all amazed by defense, saying they now could lvl up or had 3 lvl up for instance.

Before my build, no matter it was ice spear or nova, people invested more than 100 ex but they still get killed even in T16 rare maps (not 100% delirium). And, they had to cyclone not right into mons. but side of mons worrying that they get one-shot. My build hardly get one-shot in T16 maps and doesn't even have to side-cyclone on mons. even in 100% del. maps.

You said, you need more proof, but it's kinda funny to see that line tho. Not to show off, but, I am a quite well-known build maker and people know that I upload builds that work fine only. If you want to see if mine works, just change setting to mine and try it your own just like all other coc users who now can lvl up with my setting. It's not that expensive to buy the items even the price spiked after my youtube video.

Lastly again, do not ever try to see how build works from pob plz. POB is just a reference, not a main thing to make a build or read a build.

Thanks.

Last edited by bluewelkin on May 4, 2020, 5:27:38 AM
I have a question about the three. On thread of hope, are u using Wicked Ward or not? Isnt in pob, and i cannot see in the picture that u posted. Thanks !
"
Zeyhn wrote:
I would guess he is using Cast when Damage Taken -> Wave of Conviction for this:
"Exposure applies -25% to Elemental Resistance matching highest Damage taken"

You can alternatively get the same effect by using a cluster jewel node called Corrosive Elements

But WoC isn't having any damage converted to cold? This shouldn't be applying an exposure that benefits the build, correct?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info