Stash

I just noticed today when you play hardcore when you die your items in stash stays in HC stash.
I have no problem with that but I just dont like that you can make another character go to first town take away all items from stash, die and you can put all items to normal stash.
I dont know if its just my point of view but i would change it so if you die you drop all the things(?) in your inventory that way you cant transfer items to normal.
Last edited by abringus on Apr 17, 2012, 3:57:46 PM
Why should they be concerned about transferring items from hardcore to default league? I think it is only the reverse which would be a problem.
I think if you created hc character than you dont mind paying a toll for your death and transfer to normal league if you want to continue to play that character.
Just my opinion though.
Last edited by abringus on Apr 17, 2012, 4:05:30 PM
"
abringus wrote:
I think if you created hc character than you dont mind paying a toll for your death and transfer to normal league if you want to continue to play that character.
Just my opinion though.

A rational suggestion, but I don't expect this is ever going to happen or for the idea to get a lot of support because Hardcore League (HC) was never intended to allow you to 'replay' a character (i.e. keeping/reusing items after death).

As it is already, the HC implementation in Path of Exile is more liberal than most games out there by automatically transferring your dead HC character to Default league essentially intact so that you can continue playing if you want to. Most other games you either stick around as a ghost, or just die and you get the opportunity to create a new character. None of them permit items to be reused.

I'm sure if you asked most of us that play Hardcore, we would tell you that the whole satisfaction of playing this mode is the risk we take when we play. Allowing items to be saved in HC upon death 'cheapens' the game.

The number of HC players that actually choose to participate in the default economy is also likely to be small, else they wouldn't have started the character in HC in the first place. This implies there will be little economic impact on default league. The current way HC works is nice for people who have never tried HC to give it a go, and if they don't like it, they can 'suicide', and continue playing in default without any real interruption.

If anything, I would like to see an implementation of an idea that was suggested a while ago, where upon death in HC, the player can choose to either send the character to default, or send the character to a 'graveyard' of sorts, where it becomes immortalized, and you can view the equipped items, skill layout, and experience level the character had at time of death...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Apr 18, 2012, 2:35:30 AM
"
abringus wrote:
I just noticed today when you play hardcore when you die your items in stash stays in HC stash.
I have no problem with that but I just dont like that you can make another character go to first town take away all items from stash, die and you can put all items to normal stash.
I dont know if its just my point of view but i would change it so if you die you drop all the things(?) in your inventory that way you cant transfer items to normal.

I think that in cut-throat leagues, you drop everything when you die. So what you are looking for is a hardcore, cut-throat league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info