[3.11] Shattering Steel Gladiator - tanky & solid mapper - crazy boss dps - all content

"
DiabloImmoral wrote:

Edit: Gem info is here and (of course) Pinpoint doesn't apply so there's nothing there. Looks like Shattering Steel was already nerfed from the announcement to the 20/20 gem reveal. You now only get 3 base projectiles whereas in the initial announcement you got 5.

I'm guessing the information in the initial announcement for the skill was completely bogus but if reductions to AoE and projectile speed BOTH now affect the projectile distance you could get some pretty sick single target out of this skill.

Yes really weird that they said 4 and now its only 2. I think we really need to test the gem ingame.

"
Jeromeo wrote:
I played a lancing steel champion as a league starter in delirium and will try your gladiator shattering steel variation in ssf hc this league. Looking forward for your updates.

Good luck with the build i hope it will still function nearly the same with the changes. Maybe 2-hand will come ahead for steel skills.

"
Doileen wrote:

So what’s actually changed with the new gem?? I’ve not played shattering before il just wondering which bit is actually different, is there still shotgun?

Playstyle should be similar as far we can see from the videos. Shotgun as we know is gone. Maybe it's possible with some explosion overlaps, but i would not count on it. Instead the base damage got a big buff.

Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Shotgun effect is gone? Is it confirmed?
Also, how you getting challenger charges w/o blood and sand?
"
buttcommander wrote:
Shotgun effect is gone? Is it confirmed?
Also, how you getting challenger charges w/o blood and sand?

Yes gone. Flesh and Stone is in the build.
Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Any ideas for shattering steel in 3.12? Trying to figure out how to build it with the new gem
"
spvn wrote:
Any ideas for shattering steel in 3.12? Trying to figure out how to build it with the new gem

Playing it on a Deadeye currently as Splitting steel is bugged and i started with it. Then switched to Shattering.

It plays similar to before. Single Target you still have to be right in front of the target. Clear is better without gear (no explode). You just can impale some packs and Call of Steel will kill the screen. A bit slower as you will most likeley use 2-handers.

You have to press Call of Steel every few seconds. Lord of steel jewel really helps here with the usage time.

Just getting into yellow maps, but so far everything was pretty easy.
Guides:
mistake.dont know what happen
Last edited by ComeOverHere on Sep 20, 2020, 9:22:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info