[3.10] Fireball Archmage Ignite Ascendant | MoM+Agnostic, 60/55 Dodge, 3M+ Ignite DoT | All Content

This build is a combination between Zhie Yen's Fireball Ascendant and Akane's BL miner. Essentially fuses both builds offense and defense.

The idea is to use the new Archmage support with the Stormfire ring to significantly buff ignite damage but also using a very high Mind Over Matter Health pool (got to 6K Mana) with lots of regen and also the Agnostic for Fireball sustain (/w Archmage) and defenses. The defenses are also complemented with 60/55 attack/spell dodge WITHOUT Vaal Grace. The new cluster jewels in 3.10 also lets you use the Emberwake ring to add an additional ignite.

With this build I've done 36 challenges and successfully did Uber Elder, A8 Sirus, T16 Delirium, 20/20 Waves.

PATH OF BUILDING:
POB:
https://pastebin.com/BXt8iBXp

VIDEOS:
Spoiler

Uber Elder - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCTUusvRHdk

T16 Chimera, btw this was when I had half the damage, the single target is a lot better than this now - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwHrekONq-E

Drox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lzlsAJ6pzk

PROs:
Spoiler
6k+ Mind Over Matter Defenses /w 700ish Mana Regen + Agnostic + 60/55 Attack/Spell Dodge WITHOUT Vaal Grace

Decent clear speed

Constant flasks uptime

Less than 20Ex budget

CONs:
Spoiler

It's DoT so won't be the highest DPS (although 3M+ DoT is in the high spectrum of DoT builds)

Can't do Ele Reflect or Avoid Elemental Ailments map mods. No Mana Regen is doable with flasks but is a pain, just skip it.

BANDITS, ASCENDANCY, PANTHEON:
Spoiler
Always Kill All in 3.10, passive points are too important (Cluster Jewels OP).

Ascendency: Pathfinder > Hierophant > Free Passives. Both choices are purely defenses, PF allows basically all the flasks and Hierophant extra MoM+mana is soo good.

GEAR:
Spoiler

What we are looking for in our gear is +Maximum mana where we can. I use an Annointed Breathestealer to push chance to ignite past 90%.

For our Cluster Jewels the combination of Blowback + Wasted Affliction + Jewel slot is best.

Any info, it's easier to view the POB or ask.

LEVELLING GUIDE:
Spoiler
Will write one up if requested.

That's it for now, thanks for reading :)
Last edited by Eathb on Apr 18, 2020, 2:13:54 AM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2020, 8:02:51 AM
The build sounds quite interesting. From your point of view how easy outs it to cap the elemental resistance? Is it easily possible to do maps with elemental weakness with complete gear? After all they're aren't many non - unique slots available and quite a lot of resistance to get. Also what are your experiences with chaos damage /resistence?
Hi, how do you properly manage the application of Elemental Equilibrium in combat? There are times Cold Snap and Storm Brand don't hit all the enemies I want it to hit, especially in Delirium where enemies spawn all around you. This results in me inadvertently applying fire equilibrium resistance from Fireball to great masses of enemies, which is a hindrance to clearing.
"
wennilein wrote:
The build sounds quite interesting. From your point of view how easy outs it to cap the elemental resistance? Is it easily possible to do maps with elemental weakness with complete gear? After all they're aren't many non - unique slots available and quite a lot of resistance to get. Also what are your experiences with chaos damage /resistence?

Most of the Uniques come with Ele resistances but it is somewhat tricky as I also load them up on my jewels.

I can't think of chaos damage being too significant. The only part I can think of is final phase Sirus where you can't face tank the bigger die beam but at the same time it's knowing that fight as well.

"
TerenceCSZ wrote:
Hi, how do you properly manage the application of Elemental Equilibrium in combat? There are times Cold Snap and Storm Brand don't hit all the enemies I want it to hit, especially in Delirium where enemies spawn all around you. This results in me inadvertently applying fire equilibrium resistance from Fireball to great masses of enemies, which is a hindrance to clearing.

That's interesting, I don't find EE to be a problem when mapping. I have Storm Brand not on a socketed spell weapon to force an EE if I have to but I only think about that for End game content/Delirium Uniques.

My recommendation is to activate Vaal Fireball every time it's available (doesn't really help for single target).

A quick gear check suggests that your gems are underlevelled, I'd get a level 21/0 Fireball as soon. If your really struggling with the map clear.

I'd also unequip Emberwake until you get 2x Wasting Affliction and Blowback cluster passives.
"
wennilein wrote:

Most of the Uniques come with Ele resistances but it is somewhat tricky as I also load them up on my jewels.

I can't think of chaos damage being too significant. The only part I can think of is final phase Sirus where you can't face tank the bigger die beam but at the same time it's knowing that fight as well.

"
TerenceCSZ wrote:

That's interesting, I don't find EE to be a problem when mapping. I have Storm Brand not on a socketed spell weapon to force an EE if I have to but I only think about that for End game content/Delirium Uniques.

My recommendation is to activate Vaal Fireball every time it's available (doesn't really help for single target).

A quick gear check suggests that your gems are underlevelled, I'd get a level 21/0 Fireball as soon. If your really struggling with the map clear.

I'd also unequip Emberwake until you get 2x Wasting Affliction and Blowback cluster passives.
Hello,

Can you by chance post your gem links and the leveling guide if you please? Thanks for this!
Hi! Thanks for the build, I'm planning to league start fireball and currently have a similar build with trickster and stacking mana regen (rather than flask uptime).

I played Akane's ball miner in HC and absolutely loved having the perma-flask insane regen, so I'm interested in your take here.

A few questions if you don't mind:

- Regarding Cold Conduction - are you only shocking through triggered Cold Snap applications?

- What's the point of the Scorching Ray totems if Fire Exposure is applied through WoC?

- Your ignites are already pretty short, and you depend on the WoC 3.5s ignite for Combustion's -19 FR. Would it be better to drop Burning Brutality, path to Holy Fire instead, and anoint breath of Flames? This lengthens your ignites by 30%, adds dps, and bumps your chance to ignite up to 100%.
"
jtcarc wrote:
Hello,

Can you by chance post your gem links and the leveling guide if you please? Thanks for this!

Hey,

Start off with Freezing Pulse and switch to Fireball when you get Combustion. Use Elemental Proliferation until you get Ignite Prolif.

The first key node I'd get on the tree is Elemental Equilibrium followed by the ignite ones.

"
pulsesc2 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for the build, I'm planning to league start fireball and currently have a similar build with trickster and stacking mana regen (rather than flask uptime).

I played Akane's ball miner in HC and absolutely loved having the perma-flask insane regen, so I'm interested in your take here.

A few questions if you don't mind:

- Regarding Cold Conduction - are you only shocking through triggered Cold Snap applications?

- What's the point of the Scorching Ray totems if Fire Exposure is applied through WoC?

- Your ignites are already pretty short, and you depend on the WoC 3.5s ignite for Combustion's -19 FR. Would it be better to drop Burning Brutality, path to Holy Fire instead, and anoint breath of Flames? This lengthens your ignites by 30%, adds dps, and bumps your chance to ignite up to 100%.

Hi,

Unfornately I expect this build to be dead in 3.11 with the Archmage nerf that Bex has indicated is coming :( Unfortunately Fireball ignite deeps is way too low in the current meta without this, I would actually recommend Burning Arrow instead if pursuing ignite.

In regards to your questions:
- Cold conduction - correct.
- I had spare gem slots and popped Scorching Ray in there and used it as a tracker to know where bosses are, i.e. Sirus and his teleporting shenanigans.
- Of course your concept works! It depends on playstyle but I found that I am too impatient to not wait long enough to blast Fireball so I pursued the cluster jewels option extra short term dps but yes, it does make sense in especially for longer boss fights.
Last edited by Eathb on May 27, 2020, 6:57:32 PM
Do you really only have 3k life?
Never mind, this build just got a huge buff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info