What class(es) get to summon minions?

I apologize for the noob question, I only just got beta access today and have been both playing and reading on the forums here. I'd like to play a class that can summon some kind of minion(s), might anyone tell me who can do that and when?
"
I apologize for the noob question, I only just got beta access today and have been both playing and reading on the forums here. I'd like to play a class that can summon some kind of minion(s), might anyone tell me who can do that and when?
All classes can use all skills. However, the major minion skills currently implemented are intelligence aligned, so one of the intelligence based classes (witch or templar) is likely your best bet.
Also most of the passive skills that boost minion performance are in the intelligence areas of the skill tree.
Forum Sheriff
Thank you both for the quick responses, do I need to get skill gems first to be able to summon anything? If so, where do I get those from? Is it random? Or will I get offered them playing the Witch?
Yes, you need skill gems to summon minions. The Witch gets offered minion gems as quest rewards the soonest (pretty sure). Skill gems can drop from enemies/chests also or you can trade for them.
Forum Sheriff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info