[3.10] Bergerbrush's Frost Blades Raider - Project Builds

Hello everyone! My name is Bergerbrush and this build is a part of my "Project Builds" where I try to make a viable Build out of every ascendancy in the game that can get you from zero to hero. My plan is that you should be able to start this Build with no investment or as a League Starter and work your way up to Red Maps on an extreme budget. Invest as you play along and be able to clear up to Red Maps including bosses and later with heavier investment be able to clear mostly all endgame content.

If you have any questions regarding the Build or suggestions feel free to contact me in my Twitch Stream as I am a Fulltime Streamer.

https://www.twitch.tv/bergerbrush

Pros and Cons

+ Fast Map Clearing
+ High Evasion/Evade
+ Life on Hit Feels Good
+ Cheap to Build Early
+ League Start Viable

- Not extremely high single Target DPS
- Cannot do any Reflect Map
- A bit expensive to Build for Good Bossing
- Pretty Low Life Pool

What is Project Builds?

Spoiler

Project Builds is a Project I made where I try to make a decent Build out of every Ascendancy in the game that is playable for anyone at any given point in the league to where you can build your character out of nothing and work your way through all the content in the game.

I will try to make different Leveling Guides for every Character in the game and then the Build Guides such as this one takes of from us Killing Act 10 Kitava. Where you can start mapping with ease in White Maps and work your way up to Early Red Maps. Then I will continue to guide you with upgrading your character to finish the whole Atlas and then progressively work your way towards finishing nearly all Content in Path of Exile.

It needs to be said though that some Ascendancies perform better than others. And most of the time it completely depends on your current investments. For example this Build is the "Raider" ascendancy. And Raider are generally pretty hard to make because your require heavy investments to clear all Endgame content.

I also do my best to stay away from the classic Meta skills as much as I can. Therefor you will not be seeing "Cyclone Skill" for every single character but may still see them sometimes.

Information about the Build

Spoiler

What can you expect?

This build is a lot of fun to Map with and you get through map clearing with ease. On the "Phase 1" part of the build I managed to do up to Tier 12 Maps including bosses pretty easily. I didn't have extremely good single target DPS so Red Map Bosses took a bit longer but with the High Evasion/Evade that the build provides I was doing them pretty easy anyway, just took a little bit of extra time.

"Phase 1" should get you through T1-T12 maps atleast. You need to invest a little bit into some very Cheap Uniques and a bit of filler gear to start the base of your character and then you will progressively work your way through white, yellow and red maps as your character and your skill gems level up.

"Phase 2" we take all the currency we generated and start investing more into the character to increase its overall defensives and single target DPS and start working up towards Tier 16 maps.

"Phase 3" Even more currency generated we start working at the min-max part version of the Build and we push our character so we can start doing all endgame content.

What kind of playstyle is this?

Well, Frost Blades is considered a Melee Skill and therefor you have to be somewhat close to the mob that you wanna hit. But with Ancestrall Call Support for map clearing you are kind off screen clearing by just hitting 1 single mob because the way that Frost Blades works is that is also shoots out projectiles behind the initial Mob that you are hitting. That paired with the incredible movement speed and attack speed of the Raider Ascendancy we have a very high Map Clear Speed.

For Bosses we lack a bit of Single Target damage but for many bosses the amount of Dodge/Evade we have we can just put up totems and kind off AFK in the spot and just smash away. There are many bosses that requires some maneuvering though.

Claws for Weapons?

Yes, Claws are very easy to get some decent damage for on the Ranger side of the Skill Tree and other good benefits as well. There are also a lot of very good strong pDPS Claws that are very cheap even at the start of the league.

Only thing is that you will struggle a bit with Intelligence Requirements for the Claws and perhaps some of the Gems and we will therefor need to try to pickup Intelligence on any of our gear when possible.

Showcasing & Videos

Spoiler

Awakener 8 Tier 10 Cemetary Map - Phase 1 Gear

Awakener 8 Tier 16 Carcass Map - Phase 2 Gear

Videos about the Build

Build Video!

Leveling Guide

Spoiler

video about how to level melee characters and general information about leveling in poe, and some info here as well (that works with every Project Builds guide)

Phase 1 - Act 10 Kitava to Early Red Maps

Spoiler

Congratulations! You made it past Act 10 Kitava and are now ready for the Endgame in Path of Exile. Make sure to watch these videos below if you do not know how to prepare for the Endgame or where to start!

Here is a Video to help you Prepare for Mapping after Defeating Act 10 Kitava!

"video of map system/atlas and so on"

Bandits Quest in Act 2

Spoiler

Your 2 options in the "Deal with the Bandits" quest in Act 2.

Either KILL ALL Bandits and recieve 2 Skill Points from Eramir

This is good because we can utalize 2 More Skill Points in our Skill Tree for more damage or life, or other good Skill Nodes.

And your second choice is..

SAVE ALLIRA Saving Alira and Killing the other 2 Bandits will give us a hidden buff from Alira that gives 5 Mana Regenerated per second & +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier & +15% to all Elemental Resistances

This is also good because for League Starts it can be really good to get some extra Resistances as it is usually very tough to balance your resists after killing Act 10 Kitava.

It is also good overall for builds such as ours where we perhaps use a lot of Unique Items that doesn't give us Elemental Resistances and we rely on very few Gear pieces to get our resistances up. Alira also gives a decent damage boost from the Global Critical Strike Multiplier and the Mana Regeneration is OK in some situations.

Ascendancy

Spoiler

Video of Labyrinth & Trials Explanation

1st / Normal Labyrinth: Way of the Poacher
2nd / Cruel Labyrinth: Avatar of the Slaughter
3rd / Merciless Labyrinth: Quartz Infusion
4th / Eternal Labyrinth: Avatar of the Veil

Skill Tree & Path of Building

Spoiler

Phase 1 Skill Tree ~ Level 85

Phase 1 PoB ~ Level 85: https://pastebin.com/knKqg619

Gem Links

Spoiler

IMPORTANT - You always wanna try to keep your Gems atleast Level 20 with 20% Quality unless I specifically say something different. If the Gems in this Guide don't have 20/20 Gems it is because I don't have those myself and can therefor not link them in this Guide.

5 Link

SWAP out Fortify Support for Ancestral Call Support for better Map Clear. And SWAP back to Fortify Support for BOSSING.

6-Link

SWAP out Ruthless Support for Ancestral Call Support for better Map Clear. And SWAP back to Ruthless Support for BOSSING.

Auras

IMPORTANT - You wanna keep Precision perhaps between Level 5 all the way up to around 10. We need the Accuracy and we also utilize the Critical Strike Chance. But you should only level up Precision until a point where you feel good about your mana pool and can cast Frost Blades without issues.

Curse on Hit Setup

IMPORTANT - No need to level up Elemental Weakness higher than Level 12. It doesn't give that incredibly high of a DPS increase with higher levels and it just makes it harder with Intelligence Requirements.

4-Link Totem for Single Target Damage

Vaal Ancestral Warchief can be activated for Bosses to help nuke bosses down.

Movement Skills

Whirling Blades for getting around the map and between Packs Fast.

Dash and Second Wind to Dash uphill and downhill and through certain objects.

Utility & Extra

Your Ice Golem can die and needs to be respawned if it dies. Ice Golem is great because it provides us with a lot of Accuracy which we need to hit 100% Hit Chance and it also gives a decent damage boost with increasing our Critical Strike Chance.

Gear

Spoiler

- Weapons -

CHEAP - Touch of Anguish is very cheap weapons that also gives us a great amount of DPS for this Build.

- Body Armour -

CHEAP - Tabula Rasa for a 6-Link or buy a cheap 6-Link Rare Armour with Life any perhaps any Resists that you may need.

- Helmet -

CHEAP - Starkonjas is a cheap and great pickup for us, it gives us Life, tons of defenses and also a bit of damage as well!

-Amulet-

CHEAP - Rare Amulet with Life, Resists and some Intelligence. If you can pick up any damage here that would be great as well. We look for "Physical Damage to Attacks" and "Cold Damage to Attacks" mainly.

ANNOINT - We annoint "Snowforged" (Sepia, Azure, Black) for the Critical Strike Chance, Cold Damage and resistances.

Clip of me Explaining how to Annoint your Amulet

- Rings -

CHEAP - Any Rare Rings with Life and any Resistances you may need. If possible try to get any form of damage once again with the mods "Physical Damage to Attacks" or "Cold Damage to Attacks"

- Gloves -

CHEAP~MEDIUM Prize Here is where it gets a little bit tricky. There are a special modifier that gives "% Increased Damage against Chilled Enemies" and this is a major DPS increase for our Build. It can be a little bit difficult to pickup extremely early in the league but if you can, try to pick up Rare Gloves with this modifier along with Life and any resists you may need. Also pairing that with any form of Damage IF POSSIBLE is always nice.

- Belt -

CHEAP~MEDIUM Prize Any rare Belt with Life, any resists that you may need and the mod "Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills" is what you are looking for. It doesn't really matter what belt it is.

Of course a Stygian Vise with all these mods are better because we can then get more life and damage with an Abyssal Jewel.

- Boots -

CHEAP - Darkray Vectors is a very cheap and good pair of boots for this build. With the Raider ascendancy and "Avatar of Slaughter" we gain a bunch of great stats from having more Maximum Frenzy Charges and so does the boots give extra much because of our high Maximum Frenzy Charges amount that we have.

Every character has a base of 3 Maximum Frenzy Charges and we have 3 extra in our Skill Tree, 1 extra from our Ascendancy "Way of the Poacher" and then another Frenzy Charge from these boots. Which all in all gives us a bunch of defenses, movement speed and damage.

- Flasks -

CHEAP~MEDIUM Prize - I suggest at least a Instant Heal Life Flask paired with Anti-Bleed. A Diamond Flask crafted with "Increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effect" and any Flask with Anti-Freeze.

If you can afford it also pick up an Atziri's Promise and Taste of Hate Flask for increased damage.

I have the "Increased Critical Strike Chance during Flask Effet" craft. Just ask me on Stream and I can craft it for you.

- Jewels -

CHEAP - You want 2x Fight for Survival Jewels and you can socket them in any of the 3 Jewel Sockets that we have in the Skill Tree.

You are given a "Fight for Survival Jewel" as a reward in Act 5 after defeating "High Templar Avarius" in the "Death to Purity" quest.

Phase 2 - Tier 16 & Early Bossing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phase 2 Skill Tree ~ Level 90

Remember to use Intuitive Leap in the Middle Jewel Socket and only Skill the Large Nodes.

PoB for Phase 2: https://pastebin.com/HLxwQi4i

Main Item Upgrades

Spoiler

- Loreweave -

EXPENSIVE Prize - Loreweave is an overall great item for a lot of builds and especially this Build. We get Stats, Life, Critical Strike Chance, Elemental Damage and Maximum Resistances. All these things are fantastic for this build! But getting a 6-Linked Loreweave in Phase 2 can be a bit hard or expensive. If you feel like you do not have the Budget for this. I suggest waiting with this Upgrade til Phase 3 or til you can afford it.

- Taste of Hate & Lions Roar -

MEDIUM Prize - These 2 Flasks are great upgrades for this Build as they add a ton of damage and also some form of defenses as well! I would still keep the Life Flask, Atziri's and the Diamond Flask to go along with these.

- Opal Rings -

MEDIUM Prize - Opal Rings can be a tad difficult or expensive to accquire at this point. And if you already have great rings with Life, Resistances and a lot of damage then you might not have to upgrade to Opal Rings. I specifically tried to get Cold Damage/Elemental Damage with Attack Skills/Cold Damage added to Attacks on my Rings paired with Life/Resists.

- Intuitive Leap -

MEDIUM Prize - Intuitive Leap is actually one of my favourite items to use in Path of Exile on the Ranger side. It free's up a lot of skill points for us that we can use in other important places. Put this in the middle Jewel Socket of the three ones we have and only skill the Big Nodes and refund the smaller ones leading up to them.

Other Items you can Work on

Spoiler

Squeezing in any extra form of damage where ever you can is always good. Getting crazy good Opal Rings, or an insane Amulet. Getting a high Elemental Damage with Attack Skills roll on your belt and so on.

Phase 3 - All Endgame Content

Spoiler

Spoiler

Phase 3 Skill Tree ~ Level 95

PoB for Phase 3: https://pastebin.com/32E8tLW5

Main Item Upgrades

Spoiler

- Pandemonius -

EXPENSIVE Prize - The Pandemonius amulet gives an incredible amount of damage for this Build and should be a high priority to invest in once you approach Phase 3. You can try farming it yourself by doing Tul's Breachstones as well fyi.

ANNOINT - You should annoint Dismembering once you pick up the Pandemonius as well because that gives an incredibly high DPS boost. (Remember to keep track of your resistances though once you drop Snowforged)

- Frost Blades Enchant -

MEDIUM Prize - A Good/Decent Helmet with the Frost Blades Damage Enchant can be a great pickup for increased damage. And since we swap over to Pandemonius for our Amulet we might start struggling a bit with resistances so we can balance our resistances with this enchant on a rare helmet.

Last edited by Bergerbrush on May 4, 2020, 1:54:15 PM
Last bumped on Apr 18, 2020, 7:39:54 PM
reserved
Build has been greatly updated!

Phase 1 is completed.

Phase 2 is starting.

Phase 3 is under work.

Still a lot of overall videos and information to be added for this Guide but also generally for all guides to come in Project Builds.
VIDEO IS UP AND JUST NEED TO FINISH UP A BIT IN PHASE 2 & PHASE 3 FOR GUIDE TO BE MOSTLY FINISHED!

Leveling Guide will be Finished when I make another Video regarding General Leveling for Melee characters.

Frost Blades Guide Video

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info