[3.10] Gryph's Spellslingin Volatile+Detonate Dead Necromancer. A LL+Block+Sturdy Girl

Love this build! Real quick question though.

I have 2 circle of anguishes; one with flamability on hit and the other with elemental weakness on hit. If I spec into whispers of doom will both curses stick or will they keep overwriting each other since we are constantly re-applying the curse?

Thanks!
"
LucioPers wrote:
Love this build! Real quick question though.

I have 2 circle of anguishes; one with flamability on hit and the other with elemental weakness on hit. If I spec into whispers of doom will both curses stick or will they keep overwriting each other since we are constantly re-applying the curse?

Thanks!

If you take whispers, both will stick.
Hi Gryph

I've been playing with this build for more or less a week,this is my first "spell" based build despite I've been around since legion league I totaly confuse about everything before I finally grasp the idea lil by little

I was feeling pessimistic when I see the damage on pob I don't how it seems so low but when I play it just destroyed everything it feel like I enter the map and unleash everything inside hell and destroy everything,feel so good to play (my pc crying thoo)

and I honestly suprise by how much this build can wash all the damage
I do sirrus AW8 deathless I totaly tank sirrus
I do simulacrum deathless

this is my gear and setup

I modify a bit here and there

I use awakened ele focus on 6link instead inspiration

also I add ignite profileration on frenzy 4link for more clear

and also I use timeless jewel letha pride (rakiata)

"Tempered by War" for 50% cold and lighting damage taken as fire damage
and thats also the reason I used atziri shield due the "tempered by war" penalty instead of this shield

Im very picky when it comes to build usually I will delete a build if I can't see the potential for end game,Im the kinda guys who will always want a full capped chaos res on his build even thoo I don't need to go that far,I'm really really picky,so I must say your build is really solid I play too much and is already lvl 95 now

I spent a lot so much time and currency to decide which one is the best VD build,I've been trying some other VD build in this forum crit VD or what's so called tanky build,in the end I decided "Gryph's Spellslingin Volatile Detonate Dead" build is the winner :)

and here's a short footage of simulacrum wave 20 deathless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBMfUzfXba8

very solid build man,I def gonna play with this build again next league

Thanks for such a amazing build!

"
Spoiler
Hi Gryph

I've been playing with this build for more or less a week,this is my first "spell" based build despite I've been around since legion league I totaly confuse about everything before I finally grasp the idea lil by little

I was feeling pessimistic when I see the damage on pob I don't how it seems so low but when I play it just destroyed everything it feel like I enter the map and unleash everything inside hell and destroy everything,feel so good to play (my pc crying thoo)

and thats also the reason I used atziri shield due the "tempered by war" penalty instead of this shield

Im very picky when it comes to build usually I will delete a build if I can't see the potential for end game,Im the kinda guys who will always want a full capped chaos res on his build even thoo I don't need to go that far,I'm really really picky,so I must say your build is really solid I play too much and is already lvl 95 now

I spent a lot so much time and currency to decide which one is the best VD build,I've been trying some other VD build in this forum crit VD or what's so called tanky build,in the end I decided "Gryph's Spellslingin Volatile Detonate Dead" build is the winner :)

Awesome! I'm glad you've been enjoying the build. You've definitely got some really nice stuff.

I do question a couple decisions though...

Timeless Jewel
The biggest one is the use of "Tempered by War"

What benefit do you gain from this keystone? If you had a lot of +Max Fire Resistance I could see it being useful. As it is right now, if you have:

75 max Fire
75 max Cold
76 Max Lightning (Unnatural Calm for +1 Max Lightning)

If you're taking 50% of all oncoming Cold+Lightning damage as fire damage you're actually taking MORE damage from the lightning damage being converted since that extra 1% max res is half as effective in this case.

On top of which you have to make up all that cold and lightning resistance that you lose from the Keystone to begin with.

If you had really high maximum fire res this mod would act as mitigation. For example, if you have 85% max fire resistance you would effectively have 80% Cold and 80.5% Lightning resistances.

As it is...I think it's a waste of points. :P

Cooldown

You have none outside of the gem itself. This is quite a significant DPS boost that could be fairly easily implemented. Even if not going for the 69% breakpoint you could hit 27% with just a Belt Suffix Bench craft, or 38% with T1 CDR from just the belt slot. This image lists all the CDR breakpoints that you can hit. I've also included the link to the article below it.

Whether or not you need the extra damage is up to you of course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fh8bnh/spellslinger_cooldown_thresholds_and_all_other/

Hope this is helpful! And on a side note: VEEERY NICE Watcher's Eye :P
Spoiler
Hi Gryph

[/quote]

Awesome! I'm glad you've been enjoying the build. You've definitely got some really nice stuff.

I do question a couple decisions though...

Timeless Jewel
The biggest one is the use of "Tempered by War"

What benefit do you gain from this keystone? If you had a lot of +Max Fire Resistance I could see it being useful. As it is right now, if you have:

75 max Fire
75 max Cold
76 Max Lightning (Unnatural Calm for +1 Max Lightning)

If you're taking 50% of all oncoming Cold+Lightning damage as fire damage you're actually taking MORE damage from the lightning damage being converted since that extra 1% max res is half as effective in this case.

On top of which you have to make up all that cold and lightning resistance that you lose from the Keystone to begin with.

If you had really high maximum fire res this mod would act as mitigation. For example, if you have 85% max fire resistance you would effectively have 80% Cold and 80.5% Lightning resistances.

As it is...I think it's a waste of points. :P

Cooldown

You have none outside of the gem itself. This is quite a significant DPS boost that could be fairly easily implemented. Even if not going for the 69% breakpoint you could hit 27% with just a Belt Suffix Bench craft, or 38% with T1 CDR from just the belt slot. This image lists all the CDR breakpoints that you can hit. I've also included the link to the article below it.

Whether or not you need the extra damage is up to you of course.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fh8bnh/spellslinger_cooldown_thresholds_and_all_other/

Hope this is helpful! And on a side note: VEEERY NICE Watcher's Eye :P

TEMPERED BY WAR

Hmmm interesting I thought it was like make the cold and lighting damage can't hit in full blow since the damage is splited half,no scientific test been done but I really do beleive I feel more tankier after using tempered by war,I wish there some training room in poe,where we can do dps test or survivebility test

also I beleive I feel in love,in this sort of split damage mitigation started by glorius vanity "divine flesh" on my golem build,the build only have like 4,500-ish life but can do simulacrum deathless,infact I reach lvl 99 just by doin simulacrum all day (I can run 15-20 simu a day) with my golem

but then again "divine flesh" is clearly superior since it give 50% elemental damage taken as chaos damage while also give 10% MAX chaos resistance so it capped at 85% BUT too bad the penalty is ALL DAMAGE BY PASSES ES so not relevant for ES based build,otherwise is gonna be super OP

Sorry for the long reply but I get your point by saying I need to have more fire resistant maxed out to get full potential of Tempered by War,I aggre with that

COOLDOWN

As for the cooldown I bought the helmet and the belt as soon I read your reply

And since I use the cooldown enchant its impossible for me to use Awkn ele focus so I tested using inspiration instead,by having go to CDR way and inspiration,also I must drop the TBW (tempered by war) and I use that point to more damage node practice caster on further out of one of my cluster jewel

also I use inspiration instead ignite prolif for my frenzy link

and I got 0.45 cooldown with 11% from belt and 30% from helmet

with mana reserve helmet I only got 0.50

I tested in some map a normal T16 canyon map and to be honest is hard to spot the difference since with whatever version CDR or Mana reserve,they just one shotted everything,most of time I don't even see the mobs since the ball it just homing on them even before they on screen,and the cooldown might be better but awk ele focus with mana reseve enchant seems also hit hard,but really interesting I might will still fiddleng around with the CDR gear a do more research

Thanks man,Yeah thats watcher's might be the most expensive item I've ever bought so far,I never thought I would go this far,but hey this build is brilliant,I will give everything :D

btw here's another video how this build destroy T15 well juiced up Blighted map with very minimal tower been build

[ POE 3.10 ] Necromancer Volatile Dead VS Juiced up Blighted Map T15
https://youtu.be/9uQDe7jAZ_U

the monster can't even touch the pump,well monster can get close if they got bubble shield that's the only thing that make it struggle in that case I must flame dash and hit him from inside the bubble,compare to running with golem or any minion build where you can just afk 100%,but damage wise this build is top madness with some investment and must say all content viable and I beleive is a HC viable too

I tell you again this build is brilliant! :)

Im really sorry for the long reply

Thanks for your kind reply Grypht :)
Honestly you won't really notice the CDR DPS boost unless you're face-tanking a boss. It's good to have though as DPS scaling on this build is a bit limited since we're non-crit.

Whether or not you *need* it is entirely up to you. It feels better to me at least.

Also if you really want to boost your DPS get some Culling Strike gloves and drop the Curse Cluster Jewel for another medium Cry Wolf + Lead By Example (or Haunting Shout for Unnerve).

Cry Wolves get exponentially more powerful the more you add. I've literally just been too lazy to do it myself. :P
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Honestly you won't really notice the CDR DPS boost unless you're face-tanking a boss. It's good to have though as DPS scaling on this build is a bit limited since we're non-crit.

Whether or not you *need* it is entirely up to you. It feels better to me at least.

Also if you really want to boost your DPS get some Culling Strike gloves and drop the Curse Cluster Jewel for another medium Cry Wolf + Lead By Example (or Haunting Shout for Unnerve).

Cry Wolves get exponentially more powerful the more you add. I've literally just been too lazy to do it myself. :P

after trying both CDR and mana reserve again today,I decided to go with mana reserve since I think I got enough damage and survivebilty
tanking sirrus,simulacrum,chimera,elder guardian,blight map
I think I got enough power and changing to CDR mean I must change a lot of setup

aah yeahh I need that gloves ok I will look for the culling on gloves,definitly worth to have one more warcry cluster

also I can remove one flexible sentry and take the shield node that give 20% avoid elemental ailment but it will leave me with 95% avoid elemental ailment which make feel not secure since its not 100%
I guess the boots is the other way so I can drop the curse cluster and flexble sentry and go for another 2 warcry

been spoiled with golementalist all 3 league in the row make elemental immunity is a priority too me and thats also why I do this build coz you mention how to get immunity ailment on front page,I thought "this man really pay attention of how important to get immunity ailment" :D
"
"
Gryphenprey wrote:

after trying both CDR and mana reserve again today,I decided to go with mana reserve since I think I got enough damage and survivebilty
tanking sirrus,simulacrum,chimera,elder guardian,blight map
I think I got enough power and changing to CDR mean I must change a lot of setup

aah yeahh I need that gloves ok I will look for the culling on gloves,definitly worth to have one more warcry cluster

also I can remove one flexible sentry and take the shield node that give 20% avoid elemental ailment but it will leave me with 95% avoid elemental ailment which make feel not secure since its not 100%
I guess the boots is the other way so I can drop the curse cluster and flexble sentry and go for another 2 warcry

been spoiled with golementalist all 3 league in the row make elemental immunity is a priority too me and thats also why I do this build coz you mention how to get immunity ailment on front page,I thought "this man really pay attention of how important to get immunity ailment" :D

If you get 30% Chance to Avoid Ele Ailments on Boots you can take Arcane Swiftness and that's 50% total. There are also Circle Rings with the mod as an implicit (25%) and those are worth looking into I'd say. Would let you drop Flexible Sentry if you wanted.

I finally decided to get a pair of culling gloves and that let me do some changes which netted me +400 ES (now over 10k!) and got that nice Damage boost from the 4th Cluster Jewel.

Do we need blind on hit gloves if we have Disorienting Display? Do triggered spells proc that?
"
The_Sin wrote:
Do we need blind on hit gloves if we have Disorienting Display? Do triggered spells proc that?

Don't need blind gloves in general. But no, disorienting display does not trigger off of triggered skills as you have to "use" them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info