Get Your Free Arcane Helmet and Arcane Horns with Alienware!

Didn't get the horns on day one and not the helmet on day four. :(
I went into this knowing it was a limited supply of MTX but despite that I still feel kind of cheated for the "work" of getting an account (and indirectly promoting) Alienware.

I see a lot of angry and dissapointed comments and I assume that GGG want happy players that feel rewarded instead of unhappy players that feel cheated or punished. So as a constructive criticism I would suggest that future giveaways are not a combination of limited supply and having to deal with a third part.

Insetad I would suggest:
Sponsored - do something for a third part, just not in limited supply.
Promotion - like connecting to twitch or amazon prime.
Competition - like the races with rewards you have had.
Season challenge - This always feels rewarding since it's a clear goal.
Time limited - do [x] to collect reward withing a time frame.
GGG's failure at transparency in this is a huge let down. Between this and the failure that is Delirium, they're falling from my grace.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Are you serious with no helm also? Feeling so tricket right now..
Four days of logging in to see "all out" and no helmet LOL. Nice Jebait.
So, the promotion says free Arcane Horns and Arcane Helmet:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1241813526231920640

You do everything that the terms and conditions says, log in every day from 23rd to 26th March aaaaaand bluff:

Good fake...
Wow! So upset by this you have no idea! 4 days of logging in, and all gone. GGG needs to award all that participated with the helm for free. Limited # of codes is not a good thing to do to us all under such bad conditions in the world.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
A Message from the Alienware Staff/Community.

So pretty much they ran out immediately in just the first day or close to it. They should have foreseen it not being enough with the current state of the world and amount of PoE Players.
"
So we have had a lot of new people on the site the last 5 days. Welcome to all of you. Let me just throw in a quick pitch real quick [cracks knuckles], Alienware Arena has been around for 10 years and over that time we've given away millions of codes for thousands of games. Using AWA is absolutely free and we basically just award members for hanging out with us and enjoying video games. You can't buy anything on this site and we try as hard as possible not to sell anything directly to you (though you will see some ads from Alienware products, we got to make a living somehow). On top of free games, we also have a rich loyalty system which rewards members the longer they are here with merchandise, Dell Rewards and more. So, stick around, you might find that leveling up will help you snag that next game you hear about.

Ok, I'm done pitching to you. We noticed pretty quickly that POE has an extremely passionate fan base. You guys love that game and it shows. We truly wish we could have given every single person the item they came for but that was not a possibility we could control.

We worked directly with GGG to come up with a plan that would reward both POE players and AWA members with the limited quantity of codes we could distribute. This was not an unlimited item. Even game economies have to be maintained with scarcity or its not really an economy.

We were given 30k Arcane Horn codes and 10k Arcane Helmets. We were warned that your community was gonna want these items and would claim them quickly and we're also expected to make sure our veteran AWA members would have a chance to get these codes too. So the plan agreed upon between both AWA and GGG was this:

20k Arcane Horns were set aside for strictly the POE community. Using the referral page setup with GGG and linked from pathofexile.com, the first 20k members would get a code. You guys claimed all 20k within 12 hours.

10k Arcane Horns were to be gated to level 5 and higher. This would give veteran AWA members a chance to grab them before all the new POE members that just came in could take those too. As of right now, there are still a couple thousand left.

10K Arcane Helmets were given to us and we all decided that both communities would get an equal shot at them but that we would try to limit the demand by making people work a bit for them, IE, login 4 days in a row to claim the reward. We've used this mechanic many times in the past and it works pretty well. It helps make sure that people who truly want them have a better shot at it and random stragglers don't just grab a key because they happened to land on it coincidentally. We had 69k people claim Day 1's prize within 24 hours. 25k reach day 3 and claimed that reward. Almost all 25k attempted to get Day 4's reward, the Arcane Helmet. But of course, with only 10k keys, the first 10k were the only ones who got one. Those claims were all made within the first 6 hours of Day 4 going live.

We truly wish everyone could have one. We know that's why the majority of you were here the last 5 days. We hope to work with GGG again on future promotions and will take the information we gathered from this one to help better plan the next.

Hope this explains the situation and clears up any confusion.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Mar 26, 2020, 6:36:49 PM
I get that there are complexities to doing events with third parties etc., but this just seems like a completely unforced error.

GGG are not exactly hitting the target recently in-game with some MTX (hideouts especially) and seem to be very poor at merchandising too. Errors like this one are just shooting yourself in the foot for no gain whatsoever and adding bad PR. This is a pretty small mistake but it still erodes trust.

You need to do better, GGG. I'm a huge fan of the game and I've been happy to support you by purchasing packs. That's going to have to stop if things don't improve.

(Of course, this could still turnout to be an error on AW's part. If that's the case then GGG can't be rightly blamed.)
https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2123016/boards/gaming-news/News/heres-the-scoop-about-the-poe-promotion

That's the statement from AW.

Aside from some hilarious nonsense like "even game economies need scarcity" for a giveaway of MTX (maybe... don't organise a giveaway for items that would seriously hurt your sales/income if they were suddenly owned by a lot of players? - though I seriously doubt that's the case with these two items.) it seems to confirm that limited keys were given to AW by GGG.

If this is true then I mostly blame GGG. They promoted this to all players knowing that many, probably most, stood no chance of getting the MTX.

Yes yes I know it's just a helmet MTX but this is a shitty way to treat your game's players. It's small, but it's stacking on top of other 'small' unforced errors that are causing frustration.

I may rethink buying the next supporter pack, sadly.
fck how do i delete my account on that fcking aw site?
fck this scammers...why didnt them tell us that were a limited number of keys BEFORE we waste our time cheking in in the past 4 days?
fck this shit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info