[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

How does this build compare as a starter to shaks vortex? I dont particularly like the vortex play style but it is super simple and can complete atlas on found gear quickly.
"
xaeror35 wrote:
How does this build compare as a starter to shaks vortex? I dont particularly like the vortex play style but it is super simple and can complete atlas on found gear quickly.

this build is very easy o gear and get to yellow maps. The CI league start version is very thanky and offers a medium clear speed. Bosses just melt.
For red and endgame the LL is a great option.

This build is one of the most relaiable league startes that I have ever played.
And since is not meta it might avoid the next nerf wave in 3.15.
All gratitude for you that create such wonderful BD and share with us,btw is the ascendancy Forbidden Power viable and useful for this BD ? Due to the fact that I always get power charge owing to power siphon
Last edited by EmpressThunder on Jun 22, 2021, 4:40:18 AM
Is there a way to get consistent defence (not flasks I mean) early on ?

I played evasion/dodge chars previously, so occultist seems good in most ways other than barrages/porcupines and high projectile quanity attacs
also big stacks of ranged mobs suck. For EV/dodge it's not a problem, ocultist have to tank them with face with only little armour or evasion chance. Am i missing something obvious ? I was thinking about getting generals cry linked to fotify to some get phys reduction at least.

May it be that I have to allocate Wicked Ward then use frost shield to force my es recharge to start and go into mobs like that ? Is this tha way ?

Or just grab all life/ES nodes on the tree and higher pool will just do it ?
Spellslinger skills cost mana now. Very weird move by GGG.
"
pra-lima87 wrote:

I'm not one to be cynical normally, but I'm guessing it's because all of the "Trigger socketed spell" support gems share the same base coding, and it was overlooked. I think most people assumed it WOULDN'T since it already has a mana reservation cost.

Either way, intentional or not, it's an incredibly irrational decision considering Spellslinger eats away 25% of your mana, the support gem cost multiplier, and a gem socket.

I'm sorry to say, but unless they reduce the reservation cost by 5-10%, this build will likely not be viable in 3.15.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
"
Clydehart wrote:
"
pra-lima87 wrote:

I'm not one to be cynical normally, but I'm guessing it's because all of the "Trigger socketed spell" support gems share the same base coding, and it was overlooked. I think most people assumed it WOULDN'T since it already has a mana reservation cost.

Either way, intentional or not, it's an incredibly irrational decision considering Spellslinger eats away 25% of your mana, the support gem cost multiplier, and a gem socket.

I'm sorry to say, but unless they reduce the reservation cost by 5-10%, this build will likely not be viable in 3.15.

“No, the rationale behind it is that it already allows you to ignore cast speed and also adds damage based on your wand. It now no longer also let’s you ignore the mana cost of the triggered skill.” This is their reply on reddit. Makes no sense to me but oh well. Played your build for the last couple leagues. Thanks for all the fun!
"
Blankat wrote:
"
Clydehart wrote:
"
pra-lima87 wrote:

“No, the rationale behind it is that it already allows you to ignore cast speed and also adds damage based on your wand. It now no longer also let’s you ignore the mana cost of the triggered skill.” This is their reply on reddit. Makes no sense to me but oh well. Played your build for the last couple leagues. Thanks for all the fun!

Ahh, I didn't see the reddit post yet. Yeah, exactly, it makes absolutely zero sense. The primary function of Spellslinger has always been as a utility skill (except when levelling), not to have ANY added damage from your wand. I don't think I can name a single build that scales into maps that uses the base damage of the wand with Spellslinger. The ignoring of cast speed makes no sense either, you're limited by a flat .6 second cooldown + attack speed (neither of which are easy to scale as a caster AT ALL without heavy investment). Without any cooldown investment at all, you're limited to 0.6 / (1+0.36) = 0.44 s = 2.26 casts per second. It is significantly less investment to get 30% cast speed on just about any spell and get a higher base cast rate than Spellslinger...

I'm glad you had a good time with it while it lasted! I'll be pondering ways to get it to work without sinking too much investment, but my hopes aren't high.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
Oooooof.

This was my only league character in 3.14 and it was an amazing build. For the first time, I cleared high tier maps - T16, no problem. I couldn't kill Sirus, but that was probably more lack of preparation than anything else. A5 Conquerors, dead.

Agree that 3.15 is probably more effective in killing it than any Conqueror can.

I'm going to miss this build. Really fun. Thanks for doing it.
Last edited by vakusuma on Jul 20, 2021, 7:58:22 PM
This was a wonderful build, and I took it to fun and surprising places in Ultimatum (peaking at lvl 99 and 4.8mil DPS).

To see it (and many of my toons really) gutted by the most outrageous series of nerfs and backhand slaps in ARPG history is a massive insult.

Thank you very much for sharing it.
IGN: @Azuriyl or @Bephany

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info