[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Change my amulet and gain 1KK dps!

https://imgur.com/mGA6lid
Last edited by jcosovnikar on Feb 10, 2021, 7:31:05 AM
The SSF LL dream came true! :)

Still working on the Cluster setup, and finishing boots, gloves and rings, but so far so good, a decent chance to actually do all content on SSF this league.

Still in the mud
Hello! I think I have almost reached the limit of the build. I started with this variation, after a slightly more robust investment (around 80 / 100ex) I am with the one published by Path of Matth.

I have noticed some things,
1. Enemies disappear, literally everything disintegrates. You don't have to wait a few seconds to activate the DoT.
2. It's a bit more "Glass Cannon", I have 6k of ES, I could climb to 8K or 8.5K. I will work on this now. I go lvl 93, the 7 lvls that remain can be destined to raise ES.
3. But to compensate my DPS is at 8.5KK and can be climbed further.
4. The resistors are capped (Chaos Resis 60%)
5. Evasion 77%, 44% chance to block.

Any suggestions ???
Thank you!

I ditched one of the energy from naught small clusters and replaced with this and I must say, it definitely helps the build a lot regarding survivability. It also provides a small increased for DoT (52k for me.)
I wasn't able to run simulacrum without dying in the higher tiers but I have not died once since running 10+

It's a very expensive upgrade but I believe worth it.

Also, with the two points I received from ditching one small cluster, I re-allocated those points into other ES nodes and only lost 150 ES
Last edited by asce5585 on Feb 12, 2021, 12:22:59 AM
What is the proper level to change to LL?
I'm 85 and started to acquire the cluster jewels. Right now saving for a 6l Shav.

Also is a 5l bad to start LL? 6l is around 12ex on ps4.
Can get a good 5l for 2ex.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 13, 2021, 5:30:55 AM
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
What is the proper level to change to LL?
I'm 85 and started to acquire the cluster jewels. Right now saving for a 6l Shav.

Also is a 5l bad to start LL? 6l is around 12ex on ps4.
Can get a good 5l for 2ex.
There's no character level requirement, it's more a question of having the items you'll need and having "enough" energy shield.

For items you'll need at least a 5L Shav's and Prism Guardian. You'll want the first three labyrinths (6 ascendancy points) to get stun immunity unless you have Presence of Chayula; then you can get by with just the first two labyrinths.

From there the question is how much ES is enough? I've seen estimates of good players running up to yellow maps needing 4k, which means you'll die to 1 hits every couple maps. I tend to think of it this way: every 1k ES decreases the number of 1 hit kills in the game. So if 4k ES means that 40% of t16 hits will kill you, then 5k ES means 35% of t16 hits will kill you. 6k = 30%, 7k = 20%, 8k = 10%, 9k = 1%. You'll note that investment in ES scales increasingly well. This isn't scientific by any means, but having played LL for a number of leagues this is how it's felt to me at different levels of ES.

If you're looking for good ES items, don't sleep on Sin Trek boots.

One last note, it's often cheaper to buy Shav's and a Jeweler's Touch prophecy to get a 5L compared to buying the 5L Shav's.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Feb 13, 2021, 10:04:53 AM
"
... snip Touch prophecy to get a 5L compared to buying the 5L Shav's.

Thanks for all the tips!
Just made the swap to LL but so far I can't really see all the spike in dps.
Maybe is because I'm trying to complete the atlas so I'm doing a lot of low level stuff.

Could you guys take a loot at my tree and setup on what I'm missing :/
"
pra-lima87 wrote:
"
... snip Touch prophecy to get a 5L compared to buying the 5L Shav's.

Thanks for all the tips!
Just made the swap to LL but so far I can't really see all the spike in dps.
Maybe is because I'm trying to complete the atlas so I'm doing a lot of low level stuff.

Could you guys take a loot at my tree and setup on what I'm missing :/
One thing is that your culling strike support is superfluous since Power Siphon has cull inherently. You should pick up the Malediction ascendancy and run two curses: frostbite and enfeeble. Taken together that will be a big difference in damage and survivability.

Other than that I'm not seeing anything big except that you're missing levels and quality on all of your gems. Taken together that will be a big dps bump. Prioritize levels to your vortex gem, but getting everything to 20% quality alone will be a decent bump.

"

... snip.. Prioritize levels to your vortex gem, but getting everything to 20% quality alone will be a decent bump.

Yeah 20/20 is my main goal now. Them 21/20.
I'm yeat to find all trials. Very unlucky so far.

Not very happy about my cluster jewels too. Not sure if there is a need for Self-control. Maybe if I were to fit other mana reserved skill from a ring.
Last edited by pra-lima87 on Feb 13, 2021, 10:49:32 PM
great guide, absolutely enjoing this build.

one quick question on the EE proc:
since hatred adds cold dmg to the power sihpon attack, doesn't this impact our EE procs of the trigger skills? or is this overridden by storm brand?
maybe I missed something.
Last edited by cmh on Feb 14, 2021, 9:30:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info