[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

You have a flask with this effect in the build, because of it, the dot damage increases by 1 million :)

"
Clydehart wrote:
"
X_a_e_r_o wrote:
where can I get a flask for the damage multiplier over time if you hit a Critical Hit in the last 8 seconds?

Never heard of a flask like this.

"
jcosovnikar wrote:
People ask, if I put on Chaos Innoculation I can't launch one of the spellslingers, for example, nor Discipline because they tell me I have no life.

According to the guide, I would need to have ES above 4K, what does this mean?

When I take off Chaos Innoculation and activate both spellslinger + discipline my ES scale above 5K

Any ideas?

CI has no effect on Spellslinger. You wait until 4K+ ES, because your EHP is too low if you swap to CI earlier.

"
Outt wrote:
This build has been really enjoyable. The Vortex on LMB took some getting used to, but it seems great. Is it worth getting CDR anywhere? I do feel like the time between Vortex casting can be a bit lengthy.

I'm still early into maps, been a slower league start, and outside of struggling to get my resists up (I'm finishing up the block/resist wheel now, should have grabbed that sooner, needed the strength anyway) it's been really clean and smooth.

Are there any budget Annoints you suggest? Besides the 2 listed that might take a little bit to save up for.

Command of Steel is really budget, maybe like 10C last I looked? It's worth waiting for that annoint until you can afford if you're tight for cash.

"
Rhapsodical wrote:
Been using this build (the starter CI version) and it clears maps very well. However, once I hit around T13 maps (and Awakening Level 3+) bosses take a bit longer to clear than before. Map bosses aren't too bad, but it takes a long time to chip away at conquerors and Sirus.

I'm wondering if there's a cheap way for me to increase my DPS. I've taken a look at the upgrades in the OP and a lot of them are multiple exalted. I don't have that at my disposal at the moment, or else I wouldn't still be rocking a 5L Incandescent Heart (which is currently just under 5ex). I've primarily taken a look at getting the quality up on my gems (which I'm working on right now in terms of releveling them), but practically speaking PoB says that having full quality on all four supports in my chestplate is worth approximately 10k DPS. It's a gain but a very small one. For reference, PoB currently puts me at about 325k Sirus DPS.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/ybrupjHN

Biggest issue is: you have a terrible wand for this build. Wand has +cold damage to spells, this ruins your EE as it makes it so monsters ALWAYS have +50% to cold resistance. Drop that wand, you're better off with a white wand. Also, gem level > gem quality for spells, get a level 21 Creeping Frost and a level 21 Vortex.

I already have 75% Block for Attacks (68% Spell) w/ Glancing Blows though, so is there anything else you'd suggest as far as annoints?
It's better to be Lucky, than Good
I'm running into some issues against the Elder Guardian that applies ignite with it's attacks. I have a flask of dousing, but the fight doesn't spawn adds often enough for me to refresh the charges before they die. Any suggestions for making this a non-issue?

I've opted to reallocate 4 points from damage to Elemental Resistance + Ignite Resistance + Anointed Flesh, and changed my minor ascendancy to Abberath which combined gives me ignite immunity, but I'm wondering if there's a less drastic course of action I can take.
"
Outt wrote:

I already have 75% Block for Attacks (68% Spell) w/ Glancing Blows though, so is there anything else you'd suggest as far as annoints?

Tranquility provides more DPS and 5% ES. It's very expensive tho and only is about 5% more damage.
"
X_a_e_r_o wrote:
You have a flask with this effect in the build, because of it, the dot damage increases by 1 million :)

No it doesnt? Its not selected??? I made that flask to simulate the new damage over time shield...
Thank you for the fun build and guide! I made the switch to the LL version after farming enough for the necessary upgrades from the CI version. The damage increase over the CI version is insane, but the survivability definitely takes a hit. Everything I attack melts, especially bosses, but I am occasionally getting 1-shot even sitting at ~6k ES. I'm only lvl 91 so I am still missing some passives on the tree to increase my ES more but I'm not sure if that will be enough. Anyone have any suggestions other than getting better at dodging attacks? Would a Cinderswallow also maybe help?

Dear build creator, in your LL POB there are 2 "Energy from Within" jewels, I suppose the one near the EE should be another one, ins't it?
No sad feelings
"
Rhapsodical wrote:
I'm running into some issues against the Elder Guardian that applies ignite with it's attacks. I have a flask of dousing, but the fight doesn't spawn adds often enough for me to refresh the charges before they die. Any suggestions for making this a non-issue?

I've opted to reallocate 4 points from damage to Elemental Resistance + Ignite Resistance + Anointed Flesh, and changed my minor ascendancy to Abberath which combined gives me ignite immunity, but I'm wondering if there's a less drastic course of action I can take.

Just pick the Ignite Pantheon? It makes your life way easier. It's just a portal away. It reduces the ignite duration by 50%, which makes it way more managable. You shouldn't really need more.
Last edited by Jaba01 on Jan 23, 2021, 7:10:10 AM

Having a problem surviving tier 8 maps, my energy shield takes a while when i get hit before it starts regening again which causes me to get killed every once and a while, i have the arakaali pantheon, is there something obvious I'm missing? It seems like in the budget video you regen a lot quicker then me, and i know i need to fix my pots im just lazy :) here is my current tree as well thankshttps://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvBAcGORFQFLAXLxdUGnIbJRzcHRQdTx3ZHwIo-iuaLL8tHy2pL28v1i_aM2w1uTbFOtg9D0NURv5JT0pAS65MLUyzUWBSslPUVdZWSFm8WfNdjmTnZlRmnmnYahtqu2vIbRlwu3GFcg98u36hgKSCHoV7iEKLeox2jYKPGo9Gj_qSdJRvlSCXLZitmyGfAaEjpwinK6g1qOqvfLcxtzi4k7oOu_y8qsHFwfPFKMaK0B_Q0NHk10rYJNkT2Vvaudrd23rfiuNW42LpAuvu7BjsOO_r8wb0cfZb-tL7qv6z?accountName=mgcrywolf09&characterName=theflippinaudacity
"
mgcrywolf09 wrote:

Having a problem surviving tier 8 maps, my energy shield takes a while when i get hit before it starts regening again which causes me to get killed every once and a while, i have the arakaali pantheon, is there something obvious I'm missing? It seems like in the budget video you regen a lot quicker then me, and i know i need to fix my pots im just lazy :) here is my current tree as well thankshttps://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvBAcGORFQFLAXLxdUGnIbJRzcHRQdTx3ZHwIo-iuaLL8tHy2pL28v1i_aM2w1uTbFOtg9D0NURv5JT0pAS65MLUyzUWBSslPUVdZWSFm8WfNdjmTnZlRmnmnYahtqu2vIbRlwu3GFcg98u36hgKSCHoV7iEKLeox2jYKPGo9Gj_qSdJRvlSCXLZitmyGfAaEjpwinK6g1qOqvfLcxtzi4k7oOu_y8qsHFwfPFKMaK0B_Q0NHk10rYJNkT2Vvaudrd23rfiuNW42LpAuvu7BjsOO_r8wb0cfZb-tL7qv6z?accountName=mgcrywolf09&characterName=theflippinaudacity

Enchant both your rings with faster start of energy shield recharge. It's huge. Get the 15% craft on both of them. Also run Vaal Discipline.Vaal Discipline has a very short cooldown and instantly triggers energy shield regen when needed.

Also get quality on your armor. You're missing so much ES! And get rid of the health pots and mana pots. You don't need either. Get utility flasks in there! They provide a lot of defense, too.
Last edited by Jaba01 on Jan 23, 2021, 8:05:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info