Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.16] Coldslinger | Vortex | Creeping Frost | League Start | SSF | CI/LL

Here's my review of the build for anyone interested in trying it out.

Been playing this build for the last couple of days and I'm still playing the CI version at lvl 96, although I'm planning the switch to LL right now. You can check out my tree on PoB.

Disclaimer: not the most experienced CI player, so if anything I say here is wrong, please shout me out.

Cost: CI version is indeed cheap. LL is obviously more expensive considering a 6L Shavs could basically buy you the entire CI setup. Luxary upgrades include awakened gems, Mana reserved clusters/jewels, Uber lab enchanted Rime Gaze.

League start?: We'll see. I plan to League start with a cold slinger. I'll test the viability in SSF soon.

Clear: Profane Bloom ascendancy and the multiple AoE spells you're carrying make clearing an easy and satisfying (pop sounds) experience. Remember ou will need a Frostbite ring or gloves for Profane Bloom. For supplementary clear, use Vaal Cold Snap before running into a large pack.

Bossing: Not your impale champion or warcry zerker. Somewhat underwhelming. Still need to test LL version which I expect is better. See survivability section.

Survivability: Lots of ES, but we lack Regen as we cannot run Zealot's Oath. Our main source of straight up ES Regen is Vile Bastion ascendancy while clearing. We lack phys reduction and evasion, so we rely heavily on flasks and Vaal Discipline for survival. All of the above suggests we struggle during boss fights. I assume going LL would solve our Regen problems, but phys reduction remains a problem.

Some other minor luxary upgrades to survivability include a Corrupted Blood implicit Frozen Trail and Cannot be Maimed implicit Energy from Within.

TL;DR fun clear, questionable bossing, cheap, I think cold slinger Trickster and would be better unless you're deep delving where all creeps are packed together.
Last edited by Dalseong on Jun 13, 2020, 12:37:48 PM
"
ouis wrote:
hi,

trying it out: cool to play so far
however i dont see any spellslinger cold snap interaction: is it totally fixed to bypass CS cd with a fc ?

Can anyone clarify this? I'm thinking on starting with this build :3
"
mapcar wrote:
"
ouis wrote:
hi,

however i dont see any spellslinger cold snap interaction: is it totally fixed to bypass CS cd with a fc ?

You can no longer bypass the cooldown with spellslinger. I tried it a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure how it will work with Arcanist Brand though...
"
Morgasming wrote:
"
mapcar wrote:
"
ouis wrote:
hi,

You can no longer bypass the cooldown with spellslinger. I tried it a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure how it will work with Arcanist Brand though...

This is correct; however, this is a potential buff to boss damage. The cooldown bypass was not necessary and actually kind of reduced the overall damage against bosses. You will now maintain 3 frenzy charges all the time and elemental equilibrium will be more reliable since cold snaps won't be slapped down with every attack.
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749
What other jewels and cluster jewels should I be looking for?
You're reserving 100% mana, you won't be able to use frenzy with this setup. Even with the helm links, you're unable to use Frenzy, I even have a level 3 enlighten.

Do not use coldsnap anymore?
I wonder what is your definition of "low budget".
"
KatKira wrote:
I wonder what is your definition of "low budget".

Not a TS but here in low budget you only have cheap uniques with the thread of hope being most expensive ~40c. Rare items can go up in price easily as always.
"
What other jewels and cluster jewels should I be looking for?

If you're going the cluster jewel route:

Large: Deep Chill/Disorienting/Prismatic + 2 sockets
Medium: Exposure Therapy/Vile Reinvigoration/Vengeful Commander/Stalwart Commander
Smalls: Energy from naught
Coldslinger: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797749

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info