Cut throat

When do you think it will be implemented?
soon
I hope soon, I have been waiting for cutthroat forever and they should skip a few weeks of new skills and go full board on cutthroat. It needs to be fun I am tired of farming the docks all day and need to kill some real people.
Today I descend to God hood, and your death shall pave the way.

Yeah I just downloaded the game today but with the only form of pvp right now is this arena stuff I would rather just wait to play the game and start making my new toons within the cut throat league. Should I not be holding my breath? Have the developers made anyone aware about an actual time frame or does soon mean like 2-3 months+?
Its going to be chaos. Would be cool if a few people wanted to get a vent and setup a team.
Im a little sad that there are no more cutthroat events. ): There has only been 3 in the entire history of PoE.

Season 1 is very fun.... I just still wish that there could be some cutthroat events.. (Maybe make it seperated so that it doesnt give you prices at all.)

Events for this would really keep people who are waiting for this entertained.

The reason that there wont be prizes is that they cant keep track of PvP/ratio stats yet.
The reason that cutthroat is not out yet is that it is hard to balance... Right now it is possible to be level 100 and go to normal terraces to spawnkill people. (Which is not very fun.)

They might also have problems with partying in this league... I feel like solo cutthroat could be a fun league. (No trading, no partying.. just you COMPLETELY exiled and isolated in a hostile cutthroat world.)

Anyways we cant really blame them... they have a TON of things to do atm... But I hope that they will add cutthroat before they add act 4. (The game will have 4 acts.)

When cutthroat is added I will give all my default stuff away for free and delete my characters... :D.
All this was written by tpapp:

The issue with cutthroat is GGG finding the time to sit down and figure out the mechanics and restrictions necessary to keep the permanent league fun and then code it all up and implement it. The past few months GGG has been spending all of their time implementing necessary content for Act 3 and Open Beta. Hopefully once Open Beta is past and all the launch issues are taken care of we'll here more about it. As I said, a permanent cutthroat league is definitely something that GGG wants to do. It's just a question of content priorities and when they'll find the time to do it.

Just for reference here are some of GGG's immediate priorities:
Resolving any balance/stability issues that come up with Open Beta
Adding more skills
Adding more microtransactions
Finishing the Act 3 areas and quests that won't be done in time for Open Beta
Updating and adding more PvP options
Incrementally improving Acts 1 and 2 (to match Act 3's level of quality)
Upgrading the trading system (including trading through the forums)

I (and GGG) don't know yet where or if implementing a permanent cutthroat league is going to fit into that feature schedule.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info