3.10.0b Patch Notes (restartless)

downloaded path and soon as I try to log in it gives me an error. say to restart to new patch but I already downloaded new patch
There have been already at least three stealth patches in addition to 3.10.0B. The pattern is usually:
- client stops responding
- I restart PoE and Steam tells me I need to install *yet another* patch
- I return to the game and find all portals to my T16 map are gone.

I think I will go play some Destiny for a few days until GGG sorts their shit out.
It seems like this newest patch broke the client. It downloaded, then when I try to login, I get "There has been a patch that you need to update to. Please restart Path of Exile." I restarted but no new patch downloads and I get the message again when trying to log in.

Edit: it's fixed now, for whatever reason.
Last edited by Tani on Mar 14, 2020, 12:09:36 AM
restartless or unlaunchable

As long as you don't close your game you wont continue to get the Login Error "There has been a patch that you need to update to. Please restart Path of Exile." error

For those lucky enough to read this, don't close your game for any reason.

Edit/Addition: Suppose this is one way to limit server congestion, by making users not already logged in unable to log in at all.
Last edited by futboler21 on Mar 14, 2020, 12:18:13 AM
Suppose this is one way to limit server congestion, by making users not already logged in unable to log in at all.
same error
I deleted every file in my PoE installation directory with a last modified date other than today then relaunched the patcher and I can play again.

It would appear some old "irrelevant" files are staying in after patches and conflicting with launch.
Last edited by futboler21 on Mar 14, 2020, 1:05:26 AM
steam user and not working...it is still saying i need to download a new patch....
same here on ggg client or steam
Hey @GGG, any news on that error solving?....Cannot launch PoE, the same error ... :( :( :*(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info