[3.14]CoC Poet's Pen Blade Fall/Blade Blast |League start to All content down |16M+ Dps fast clear

"
itstapper wrote:
Thank you for the pointers! I see in your updated POB with taking acrobatics, you annointed 1 max power charge. If I were to craft a helm with this, would you still advise this annoint? Also regarding the non-channeling skills craft, I only have up to level 2. Is there a third? Thanks again!

Its always a yes to maximum power charges(10-15% more dmg per power charge)

There is a 3rd tier with -8 to -9 reduced mana cost, cost 4c to craft
My Builds/Stream

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2814713
Hello! I've been following this build about 1/3 into the league and it has helped me a lot throughout the league. It's also the first time I finished all 36 achievements!

Thank you for the guide! I've changed the guide a little to suit my play style.

POB: https://pastebin.com/PLsYk6qk

Thanks again for the guide!
"
Kuorria wrote:
Hello! I've been following this build about 1/3 into the league and it has helped me a lot throughout the league. It's also the first time I finished all 36 achievements!

Thank you for the guide! I've changed the guide a little to suit my play style.

POB: https://pastebin.com/PLsYk6qk

Thanks again for the guide!

I would anoint infused over kinetic impacts in that set up, 1 power charge is a gigantic damage loss there, but overall i think its pretty good there
My Builds/Stream

Amazing build, fun to level and does quite some insane amounts of damage. Unfortunately i did not head the warning of the author on the "minimal computer specs" required for this build lol, my computer cant handle the particles so here i am selling all my gear. My gear is all min-maxed other than the boots, missing the -#% cooldown recovery speed, even has some cool mtx skin transfers, includes all gems, 2 awakened spell cascades, a 20% awakened cast on critical hit and a level 6 20% awakened increased area of effect support. Hit me up in game or send me a message on the forums: sane_asdasdad
can let it go without the awakened gems for significantly less

Last edited by s3ne on May 8, 2020, 9:33:00 PM
Got level 100 and 36 challenges done so gonna give away my basically min-maxed double curse gear.

Shoot me a PM and a reason why you want the stuff and I'll see who i wanna give it to. I'll throw in the rest of my currencies and whatever of value I have left.
Thanks Astarift for one of funnest build in the game. Bloody legend.
Seems nice, I will probably league start with that for the next league. I have a few questions though.

How important is Awakened increased AoE ? Did you feel a huge difference with it ?

Why did you put blade blast in the poet's pen ? It seems to me that even though you get the damage from PP, it prevents you from prestacking blades. What are the pros of your setup vs blade blast on 6L and 2 bladefall on PP ?

I am experimenting on a Poison variant in PoB. I don't really know if it's good or not, seems doable to me, maybe even good.

https://pastebin.com/J7yPiU5v
Added some info in the Notes Section.

Maybe a Pathfinder would be even tankier with Perma Flasks/Fortify, at the cost of some DPS.

What's your opinion ?
"
warnightcz wrote:
Seems nice, I will probably league start with that for the next league. I have a few questions though.

How important is Awakened increased AoE ? Did you feel a huge difference with it ?

Why did you put blade blast in the poet's pen ? It seems to me that even though you get the damage from PP, it prevents you from prestacking blades. What are the pros of your setup vs blade blast on 6L and 2 bladefall on PP ?

I am experimenting on a Poison variant in PoB. I don't really know if it's good or not, seems doable to me, maybe even good.

Maybe a Pathfinder would be even tankier with Perma Flasks/Fortify, at the cost of some DPS.

What's your opinion ?

If you socket bladefall on both poet pen, it does not trigger twice, every trigger brings both bladefall(on different pen) on cooldown.
Putting blade blast on the coc set up isnt reliable because we have to actually hit and crit to trigger anything. That means that you literally have to constantly be aiming for your barrage when you put it in the coc set up. As of now i just need to right click in the general direction i get both fall and blasts
There is no pros in having 2 bladefall in the pens, putting a bladefall in the coc set up just allows us to have maximum blades super fast when single targeting

Awakened aoe is a huge single target dps boost, mainly due to the huge aoe boost that allows bladeblasts to overlap more consistently. Also, awakened aoe has a damage multiplier unlike increased aoe.

There is no need to pre stack blades in this build, we generate so much blades so fast we reach maximum blades(50) in less than half a second

I dont see a point of building it around a poison build when we can kill things so fast instead of relying on a dot mechanic.
Although i do agree a poison build will probably work on an assassin + physical spell, in fact i have seen a few build around poison with this set up.
Building around poison and a CoC set up seems kinda tight for me tho, you cant really cap your barrage crit chance and it will really hurt single target
Also, losing mistwalker just to squeeze in the crit chance with power charges is a gigantic loss in survivability.
These are pretty much the few reasons i didnt build around poison

Building around having good single target is pretty important, since they buffed the life of bosses in metamorph. Unless you are on hardcore, which in that case pf might be slightly better but honestly mist walker is too damn strong as a survival ascendancy
My Builds/Stream

"
Astarift wrote:
"
warnightcz wrote:

What's your opinion ?

If you socket bladefall on both poet pen, it does not trigger twice, every trigger brings both bladefall(on different pen) on cooldown.
Putting blade blast on the coc set up isnt reliable because we have to actually hit and crit to trigger anything. That means that you literally have to constantly be aiming for your barrage when you put it in the coc set up. As of now i just need to right click in the general direction i get both fall and blasts
There is no pros in having 2 bladefall in the pens, putting a bladefall in the coc set up just allows us to have maximum blades super fast when single targeting

Awakened aoe is a huge single target dps boost, mainly due to the huge aoe boost that allows bladeblasts to overlap more consistently. Also, awakened aoe has a damage multiplier unlike increased aoe.

There is no need to pre stack blades in this build, we generate so much blades so fast we reach maximum blades(50) in less than half a second

I dont see a point of building it around a poison build when we can kill things so fast instead of relying on a dot mechanic.
Although i do agree a poison build will probably work on an assassin + physical spell, in fact i have seen a few build around poison with this set up.
Building around poison and a CoC set up seems kinda tight for me tho, you cant really cap your barrage crit chance and it will really hurt single target
Also, losing mistwalker just to squeeze in the crit chance with power charges is a gigantic loss in survivability.
These are pretty much the few reasons i didnt build around poison

Building around having good single target is pretty important, since they buffed the life of bosses in metamorph. Unless you are on hardcore, which in that case pf might be slightly better but honestly mist walker is too damn strong as a survival ascendancy

Thanks for your answer. I did not know about that PP interaction. Now I get why the setup is like that.
I saw those poison builds too and was wondering about the pros and cons. My idea was to go for a low budget, without awakened spell cascade and a cheap 6L body.

Also nice to know that Mistwalker has a good defensive value in this.
"
warnightcz wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I did not know about that PP interaction. Now I get why the setup is like that.
I saw those poison builds too and was wondering about the pros and cons. My idea was to go for a low budget, without awakened spell cascade and a cheap 6L body.

Also nice to know that Mistwalker has a good defensive value in this.

I used a budget 6link and not with awakened aoe to kill A7 sirus, you definitely dont need that to kill end game bosses

The idea is to kill them fast enough and not rely on using poison to scale damage, it worked out pretty well for me at the very least

Mistwalker is probably 1 of the strongest defensive ascendancy imo, being immune to crit damage pretty much saves you from any sort of random burst and allows you to totally ignore 1 damaging map mod.

Thats excluding 20% attack speed, 8% reduced damage taken, the ability to procc elusive(which is close to 100% up time, it refreshes everytime it falls off immediately)
My Builds/Stream

May league start this. Bookmarked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info