GGG should add another damage type to POE 2...

I had this idea for a while and I think GGG should think about adding water damage to the spectrum. H
Having all kinds of water magic damage, weakness to lightning damage, maybe good for clearing fire damage etc etc.

There could be all kinds of ailments caused by this type of damage and maybe even combinig it with another damage type would open up new and unique ways to play the game.

I know cold damage is similar but it is far from being the same thing so the creative aspects in what you can come up with are endless

Having a new kind of damage type would not only be refreshing but very unique as water damage is usualy not present in any Arpg game I have ever played.

Would anyone care to contribute to this idea and give your own suggestions so that GGG can see this post and maybe at least consider it?

Last edited by Jurefort007 on Feb 24, 2020, 5:28:04 PM
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2020, 2:39:11 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
We have ice so just melt that with the fire we havexD
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
True, but there could be like waves, casting like lakes of creatures, almost like piranhado in D3 and so on, just basically thinking about some new unique way to add another layer of depth to the game
I would wager that the reason they haven't added damage types is that they don't need to. As long as they have enough design space with the current elements to make new skills, whole new elements would represent more work for the same reward.

With that said, when the time is right, I'm all for water, nature/earth, blood, developing chaos further, divine, etc. Lots of elements out there.
with one simple additional damage type, every item in the game needs a rebalance, include rare items.

for this current balance, we only need around 405% total elemental resists from gears and skill tree, and most of you can't really deal with chaos resist at all, i mean most of you play with -60% chaos resist.

and if they add one or more damage type to the game, every item basically gets fuck very hard and they also need to rebalance monster as well, it basically makes a whole new game.

damage type is the foundation of the game, you can't just randomly add one or remove one.
Last edited by Ozxell on Feb 24, 2020, 6:36:27 PM
"
Ozxell wrote:
with one simple additional damage type, every item in the game needs a rebalance, include rare items.

for this current balance, we only need around 405% total elemental resists from gears and skill tree, and most of you can't really deal with chaos resist at all, i mean most of you play with -60% chaos resist.

and if they add one or more damage type to the game, every item basically gets fuck very hard and they also need to rebalance monster as well, it basically makes a whole new game.

damage type is the foundation of the game, you can't just randomly add one or remove one.

Fuck outta here with that logic shit
"
baconbyte wrote:

what's wrong with my logic?
"
Ozxell wrote:
"
baconbyte wrote:

what's wrong with my logic?

Nothing, hence the GTFO.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Wouldn't have to rebalance everything if the new type is treated like chaos, where having max resis isn't needed, and they could add nodes to the tree specifically for this new type just like chaos as well.

However sorry OP nothing personal, but damn 'water' just sounds so boring, maybe a case could be made that would change my mind though.

So with that said a new type could be fun, but my vote would be 'holy', or 'divine', or 'light'. Just so it's thematically opposite of chaos while keeping the same rules as chaos such as resistance and passive tree damage.
No offence taken, yes any kind of new damage type would be most welcome.

I just thought water maybe because of it's natural destructive force

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info