Another person has logged into this account - curency lost

Hi, I was logged in game and want buy some items from vendor but I couldn`t becouse of not enough currency. So I take a look into my stash and all my currency and some gems are gone. Then game was log me out with "Another person has logged into this account". I was log in one more time with no problems but currency not come back. I found onlt few divine orbs that I haven`t have before.

When all this situation was hapend I was not logged in on www.pathofexile.com and my steam was and still is running without any problems.

Is this some bug or My acc was hacked?
How can I get back my currency and gems? Is this possible?

Sorry for my english. It is not My mother language.
Last bumped on May 15, 2020, 4:34:42 PM
"
womit wrote:
Hi, I was logged in game and want buy some items from vendor but I couldn`t becouse of not enough currency. So I take a look into my stash and all my currency and some gems are gone. Then game was log me out with "Another person has logged into this account". I was log in one more time with no problems but currency not come back. I found onlt few divine orbs that I haven`t have before.

When all this situation was hapend I was not logged in on www.pathofexile.com and my steam was and still is running without any problems.

Is this some bug or My acc was hacked?
How can I get back my currency and gems? Is this possible?

Sorry for my english. It is not My mother language.

sounds like your account was hacked, so you should scan your pc for virus / spyware and keyloggers. After that you should change your password on all systems like mail, banking and so on.

You will NOT be getting anything back from GGG because it's the policy of GGG never to do ANY kind of ingame restores for ANY reason.

Sorry to hear this has happened womit! You're welcome to contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you suspect your Path of Exile account has been compromised. We can lock accounts to prevent further unauthorised access and help with securing it if necessary.

In the meantime, Chris has written some forum posts regarding account security and how to protect yourself against unauthorised users. I'd recommend taking a look:

Regarding Account Security & Theft
Regarding Hacking
Thank you for answer.
I was change password on steam, set new email and did reformat my PC.

It`s weird that two person can be logged in on the same account in game.
If you can change this in future this can reduce number of stolen account.
Hi. It`s me again
Today someone hacked my account again. It`s 4 time since new year. I change passwords and email regulary, I reinstal system and still my currency and items are stolen.
How it is possible? How i can prevent this?
It`s only in poe, in other games i got my stuff. CS: GO, PubG, my steam money are untougched.

I know that poe is free game and you do nothing about my problem.
Every time I colect some shit it just disapear.
I was spend some money in this game and I realy like it, but this is too much for me
I am tired of it.

Maybe it`s time to say goodbye.
if you're buying from vendors in towns or use the crafting bench in your hideout, the process takes currency from your stash automatically.

same if you're running maps from zana's map device which also costs you if click some options to add additional mods.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 14, 2020, 3:15:03 PM
Yes, but it not cost with tabula rasa or divinaton cards or other 6L items
"
womit wrote:
Yes, but it not cost with tabula rasa or divinaton cards or other 6L items

well you keep letting people gain access to your account using your password = you keep getting keyloggers and such on your pc.
This should really be something you should get resolved = again complete reinstall + put 2FA on your e-mail account and so on.
You also need to "stop going to web pages / click on links" that installs this on your pc = change behavior and get better security software on your pc.

Lastly, you said you are a steam user. Does that mean that you lunch the game from steam or have you also "added" and e-mail to your PoE steam account so you can use the stand-alone client ??
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

well you keep letting people gain access to your account using your password

Even my mother doesn`t know my steam password

I login to steam and then I launched PoE. I do that since the beginning when I started playing PoE (9/24/2016). Everything was alright until this year.
3 years everything was great. What happend now?
You say I keep letting people gain access to my account, so why other games are OK? Still I have in them my items, skins, virtual money, everything. Only wiht PoE I have this problem. How you explain this?
"
womit wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:

well you keep letting people gain access to your account using your password

Even my mother doesn`t know my steam password

I login to steam and then I launched PoE. I do that since the beginning when I started playing PoE (9/24/2016). Everything was alright until this year.
3 years everything was great. What happend now?
You say I keep letting people gain access to my account, so why other games are OK? Still I have in them my items, skins, virtual money, everything. Only wiht PoE I have this problem. How you explain this?

again did you ADD an e-mail (and password) to your PoE Steam account?
This allows you to bypass Steam security and login directly to your account. So have you done this, then a hacker can login this way "forever" and empty your account as it is right now until you either change that password or get GGG support to disable this function......

Again GGG asked you back in February to e-mail them to start an investigation of your account. Why have't you done this ??

However GGG doesn't offer account support via the forum, so nothing more will be done here. You really should start a case with them and have this investigated properly.
Please be VERY specific with this e-mail and tell them WHEN you lost your items and currency --> like i logged off at XXX and when I logon again at YYY the things are missing.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on May 15, 2020, 8:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info