switching from Steam to client version.

Hello,

i would like to switch from Steam to client version how should i proceed?
Last bumped on Feb 19, 2020, 7:16:53 PM
"
HISCH wrote:
Hello,

i would like to switch from Steam to client version how should i proceed?

I am pretty sure that you can't switch from steam to client version, since your PoE account is bound to your steam account.

But what you can do, is to add an e-mail address to your steam account and then you will be able to use both clients at the same time.
This is done by following this guide from GGG -->

If you created your Path of Exile account via Steam, it will not have an associated email address on our end.

If you would like to add an email address to your Steam Path of Exile account so you may use the stand-alone client, you should be able to do so by logging into our website using the green 'Sign in through STEAM' button on our login page, then navigating to the 'change email' page here: https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/change-email and proceeding to change the email on your account to the email you would like to sign in with on the stand-alone client for Path of Exile.
If you want to make your PoE account not associated with Steam, do as HanSoloDK said and then contact support@grindinggear.com. If all you care about is playing off the standalone, then all you need to do is add an email account. I can’t guarantee it, but I see no reason why they can’t assist you with removing your account from Steam. It might take a while though with several security questions you’ll have to answer.
thank you guys, i will try and keep you informed
Change Email
Failed to update email address

We encountered a problem while updating your email address.

Please contact support at support@grindinggear.com for assistance.
"
HISCH wrote:
Change Email
Failed to update email address

We encountered a problem while updating your email address.

Please contact support at support@grindinggear.com for assistance.

then that is what you have to do then.
This error can sometimes occur when the new email address you are trying to use is already linked to another Path of Exile account. If the email address you request is already linked to a Path of Exile account, you will either need to choose another email address for your Steam account, change the email address associated with your secondary account, or if you prefer we can delete that account for you.

If you'd like that account deleted, feel free to contact us at support@grindinggear.com and we'll help you out. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info