[3.9/3.10]FrostBlades Starter/Budget Slayer that clears entire game.

Path Of Building link:

https://pastebin.com/b7NMX8dh

This here is a build for anyone that is looking for a build that is good at both bossing and clearing. We use the skill "Frost Blades", which has a Strong melee hit and mob-seeking secondary projectiles that clear your entire screen.

As said in title, the gear on this character is very basic stuff that you should be able to get as a league starter on day 2 or 3 for around 50 or so chaos.

What can you expect from this build?

The PoB damage with this fairly garbage tier gear is 1.9 million - This however, is not the actual damage potential. This is the damage you can achieve without having your damage boosts up.

This means that if you enter Sirus/Shaper fight, you will be doing 1.9 million per second.

When you start doing bosses like shaper/sirus that don't let you build up rage, you can swap out rage gem for Multistrike.

For Conqurer fights, you always have Vaal Ancestral Warchief and War banner available, which pushes your dps to 3.3 million.

However, if you use Rage support gem along with Berserk skill and Adrenaline from War banner and Frenzy/Power charges that you get from killing stuff, you will be doing 6.4 million dps.

Unique Item choices:

We use Ichimonji swords for reduced mana reservation and buff effect.

Oskarm for assassins mark.

Lion's roar/Atziri's promise for damage

Rest of the gear is rares, which makes getting resistances very easy.

Pros/Cons

Pros:
Fairly cheap - The only cost is dual Ichimonji, and Oskarm with crit implicit, if you decide to buy it, but it isn't mandatory(around 5% damage increase)
Easy to get resistances - Many rares, so you only need around 40-50 res on them.
Good clear/damage - Frost blades has very good clear with ancestral call, and good boss damage with gem swap.
100% Cold conversion - Can do physial reflect(Well since it is a slayer it could do it anyway)
Freeze - With no buffs up, average hit damage is 330k - This is enough to freeze all map bosses, with buffs up you can even freeze conqurers
Potential for higher damage with some investment

Cons:
Not the most defensive build - Evasion/Dodge based so can get unlucky

Defensive layers

Since we run fortify on main skill, you will always have it up.
In addition to that, we take both Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics.
We keep up Endurance charges with "Endurance charge on melee stun" linked to leap slam
CWDT setup with Steelskin
No required uniques - Allows you to get a lot of life on every rare piece of gear - With 189% increased from tree, if you get decent life/strength rolls on gear, 6.5k life should be doable.
But since we are using frostblades our biggest defensive layer is killing trash before it can hit us, and freezing bosses that do damage

Steps to improving the build

Once you start getting some currency, these are the steps you can take to start improving the build:

1)Assassins mark on hit ring - This allows you to get rid of oskarm to get some good rare/unique gloves with damage.

2)Abyssus - With more life on gear, abyssus should be manageable. Frostblades clears your screen fast, and abyssus gives so much damage that freezing bosses becomes even easier, so you shouldn't have trouble with anything other than large packs of monsters with ranged attacks. If playing with abyssus, more defensive nodes can be taken(like Rampart wheel).

3)Enlighten level 4 - With enlighten, you might want to swap out war banner for Flesh and Stone for more defense, especially if using abyssus.

Last edited by TeL__ on Feb 18, 2020, 2:25:58 AM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2020, 2:20:47 AM
Looks pretty alright, personally I don't like the banner and skitterbots and would always go for herald of ice for clear.

If I may suggest some tree changes, namely I would go for the "Heart of the warrior" life nodes with "born to fight" instead of those in the ranger start area. You lose some attack speed, but you get a free jewel slot at the same level and a lil bit of life and melee dmg.
Once you get a decent abyssus I would get an onslaught on kill abyss jewel and swap the onslaught flask with a taste of hate to mitigate all that additional phys damage you are getting, maybe get that jewel in some tombfists after getting an assassin mark ring, getting intimidate buff alongside it.

Looks pretty decent, maybe will try out when I'm bored of my miner enough, good luck.
"
Looks pretty alright, personally I don't like the banner and skitterbots and would always go for herald of ice for clear.

If I may suggest some tree changes, namely I would go for the "Heart of the warrior" life nodes with "born to fight" instead of those in the ranger start area. You lose some attack speed, but you get a free jewel slot at the same level and a lil bit of life and melee dmg.
Once you get a decent abyssus I would get an onslaught on kill abyss jewel and swap the onslaught flask with a taste of hate to mitigate all that additional phys damage you are getting, maybe get that jewel in some tombfists after getting an assassin mark ring, getting intimidate buff alongside it.

Looks pretty decent, maybe will try out when I'm bored of my miner enough, good luck.

Yeah I checked it out and going to Heart of the warrior gives the same life/damage for 1 less point - Even though you get 5% less from tree, flat life from strength makes up for it.

In addition to that It helps with the degen from blood rage - For some reason in PoB fork, blood rage has a 5% per sec degen so it shows a net degen, even though the actual life regen is higher than the degen, not sure how it is in the vanilla PoB.

Also, HoI is better for mapping yes, but I think that a 24% more multiplier is definitely the way to go for bosses. Since we have an open gem socket until we get a lv4 Enlighten, we can easily just swap HoI and Skitterbots auras depending on the situation.

I think that banner should definitely be used though - It helps give you a nice damage boosts on map bosses/conqurers, and more importantly, the increased fortify effect gives nice defensive bonuses for freeze immune bosses(metamorphs) or if you don't have high enough damage to freeze(If you do high level conqurers and are too lazy to gemswap Ancestral call)
Last edited by TeL__ on Feb 18, 2020, 2:21:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info