Wolcen Hype Release!

I uploaded a video, here's my Spin-to-Win build:

https://youtu.be/jA6q_LIyAGA

Level 73 against level 136 mobs with full mission mods. It can certainly go farther.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Feb 19, 2020, 6:04:18 AM
Yep, this 'endgame'/alternate leveling mode is as much fun as I expected it to be. Challenging too, if you step outside the current obvious meta builds. I like how the mandates/expeditions are designed for higher level characters but you can still do them as a new character. Facing beefy champions/elders at low level with crappy gear really forces you to learn their moves and patterns. I imagine Uber Hillock junkies might appreciate this.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
There are decent endgame activities that I'm enjoying.

I like the S+ reward tier that rewards skill enabling items. Finding a shield with bulwark of the dawn, is ridiculous. (You can use genesis stones too in crafting)

I do like the focused "exalted" slams that take into account the gems you have socketed.

The town building is so basic, I dont know why I'm enjoying selecting build items and missions that passively happen (maybe because I like turn based strategy and 4x games too?)

Having gem tiers and ilvl stat enhancements do reward you pushing further.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Feb 19, 2020, 9:33:32 AM
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
Wolcen was good enough to make me want to play arpgs again but not good enough to make me want to play Wolcen itself beyond the first few hours. It doesn't even have fishing.

I'm coming back to PoE. Lots to relearn and I have a lot less time than I did, but still, Wolcen reminded me how much I love PoE. <3

This is exactly what happened to me. It at least gave me the Arpg itch back again. Currently piddling around in Grim Dawn and looking forward to D3/PoE season/league.

And even Torchlight 3, since I heard its going to have an online server-side component.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I'll lay out the OP nodes on the tree for those who aren't aware.

#1 - Siegebreaker (tier 3 red class)

- Bane of Tyranny: Damage is increased by +50 multiplied by your shield's block chance. This is the biggest damage boosting skill by leaps and bounds. This is totally busted, and will 100% be nerfed, count on it.

#2 - Child of Fury (tier 3 red class)

- Furious Appetite: auto regens rage, makes rage function like willpower. Right behind this node:
- Frenzied blows: Skills have 100% rage cost, when rage is over 750, but skills do DOUBLE DAMAGE.

#3 - Plaguebringer (tier 3 purple class)

- Undertaker: Enemies have a change to drop green orbs which add +30% extra damage as poison, and this appears to stack infinitely.

- Horde's Vitality: Expands the above skill to extend the green orb buff duration to 10s instead of 5s, and minions that die can drop green orbs.

#4 - Arms Maester (tier 3 red class)

- Virtuoso stance: Can switch between a defensive and offensive stance by dodge-rolling.

Probing weakness stance can give you up to 15% chance to deal DOUBLE DAMAGE with an attack. For a negligible penalty to resists. This is effectively a permanent +15% MORE damage.

Stalwart Resolve stance give you a sizable block buff, and the damage penalty is additive, not multiplicative, so it's not actually 25% less total damage.

- Ingenious stance: buffs the shield block of by 5%, or change to do double damage with probing weakness from 10%-15%.

Any build that gets all that stuff will be super strong. Your damage potential will be at the absolute maximum. It's literally possible for you to do millions of damage in a hit with some attacks, if probing weakness procs.

However, I recommend getting at least Bane of Tyranny + Frenzied blows + Virtuoso stance or Plaguebringer.

You forgot one of the most powerful and amazing node Immortal Offerings :)
Hf :)
To anyone thinking about buying this game, save yourself some time and money waste. Just don't buy it. It doesn't worth a penny. For me and many other the game just doesn't work. Characters just don't save and you can't progress.
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I uploaded a video, here's my Spin-to-Win build:

https://youtu.be/jA6q_LIyAGA

Level 73 against level 136 mobs with full mission mods. It can certainly go farther.

I play a similar build funnily with exactly the same tree so far but with pistol and shield since i'm more into brain afk'ing and let turrets do the job.

Too bad that they're going to nerf the BoT passive :/
- Best Signature Ever -
Teehee, I made AlastorCrowley.

Things you will never see in Wolcen #342: 'A character with that name already exists'.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Pulling off a cool character name is a big part of the fun of naming characters in PoE. Sense of pride and accomplishment™.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Game is a cash-grab. The worst kind. Thank you for supporting everything that is wrong with gaming today.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info