3.13 Updated Shrapnel Ballista Build-League Starter+Boss Killer+Good Clear Speed

Update---level 74 was able to push Kitava through phases without taking any damage or ballistas dropping. Eye for an Eye and Sleepless are amazing, some of the minors on those wheels are really good too.

I have swapped to Maloney's Nightfall for a quiver and running in sand stance. Still have 6 totems and damage seems as good or better than 7...and 1 less totem to drop.

Here is my current POBUILDING: https://pastebin.com/506hvpRT
Level 87 update, crushing all T2 maps...no dying and able to push to Delirium 5-6 in all maps that have distance. 6200 health and damage reads 7k dps on my char info, which is of course wrong.

Chin sol +50% dmg, eye to an eye+35, point blank+30 for close range dmg+ =115% more dmg at close range

70% more physical dmg taken from auras+gems before a 90% chance to impale...which isnt calcd on the dps in char sheet at all.

Plus 6 ballistas shooting 4 arrows each+2 projectiles from those arrows.

TL:DR: Everything melts and I dont die.

Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/hsGTtNAW

I will update my build to 3.10 once I get a hold of an Arborix 6L and add artillery ballista to it---my plan is to use the Arborix to clear entire screens with artillery and weapon swap to chinsol+shrapnel on bosses. Chin sol has 2 less arrows fired, but always a 50% to close range damage. My gripe with Arborix on bosses is the swapping to iron reflexes and losing my 40% to evade.....even if sometimes its burst dps is higher.
3.10 updated
Thanks for continuing to make updates, I'm playing this build this league and having fun!

Just to confirm, is it no longer worth getting Lioneye's Fall?

Between that, tabula (or 5-link quill) I am finding things a little expensive for a starter build.

Edit: Chin Sol makes a big difference.

However, I am finding mana sustain difficult - both overall mana pool and regen. Presumably because of no leech from the claw cluster?

Thanks again!
Last edited by TyrerB on Mar 20, 2020, 3:41:30 PM
Ya I straight up run a mana flask, not running lion's eye fall. Ballistas will never leech mana...its the trade off for 100% mobility. 3.10 I've dropped ensnaring completely because the wheel you can get for those points make ballistas pretty much unstoppable. I'll drop 6 and click mana flask...rinse repeat......when im charging quickly through delirium i pretty much spam click mana and drop ballistas as fast as I can run. They kill mobs and refill the mana flask and I keep moving because as you have probably found out...standing still in the mist is death.

I ran 4L on a set of boots to level 82 because I didn't have a 5 or 6L up through yellow maps. Before you touch red maps...make sure you get that 6L done and your hps to around 5800 at least.
Just reached maps at level 69 and sorting my gear out.

Why do we run flammability? What's the source of fire damage? Doesn't brutality support stop the ballistas from doing any elemental dmg?

I'm struggling to have flesh & stone, flammability, vulnerability, and war banner without completley running out of reservable mana.

Thank you for any advice, and for this really fun build. I've played about 30 hours of it so far and have really enjoyed it.
Last edited by TyrerB on Mar 24, 2020, 6:31:02 PM
delete my post
Last edited by Ni0 on Mar 29, 2020, 11:47:30 AM
"
TyrerB wrote:
Just reached maps at level 69 and sorting my gear out.

Why do we run flammability? What's the source of fire damage? Doesn't brutality support stop the ballistas from doing any elemental dmg?

I'm struggling to have flesh & stone, flammability, vulnerability, and war banner without completley running out of reservable mana.

Thank you for any advice, and for this really fun build. I've played about 30 hours of it so far and have really enjoyed it.

Ok...so dump flam and vuln---just run projectile weakness. I have found that taking out pierce and adding damage on full life+brutality for shrapnel is better than running vuln+pierce.

The flamability was to run only when you were using artillery ballista....but I figured out projectile weakness was better.

I'm 92 right now and doing all content np.
Last edited by Wharhogg on Mar 29, 2020, 7:14:43 PM
Hello,

this is my current setup, lvl 82, I'm currently clearing t10 with ease, but anything beyond that and it really feels like i'm lacking DPS. I know my life setup ain't perfect yet, but it's really the lack of damage that bothers me. Am I missing something? Otherwise I really like the build!

https://pastebin.com/kSKrA0mJ
Are you using Flesh for your aura? It gives 60% increased dmg with maloney's. The annoint will give you 20% more dmg.

My guess is above T10 your totems are dying too fast to do good damage....that annoint is really important to stop that. Pro tip-----if you die dont release until your totems die its a bunch of extra damage to the bosses.

Also sulfur flask.....and when you get Uber lab done the dps add from Master of Metal is serious. 90% to impale+ 2 additional hits is huge dps.

https://pastebin.com/KAHKXPGc

^ me currently

I wouldnt do T10+ maps until you finish lab and get to 85+.

I just finished a couple T14 Purifier maps. The totems hold up against him with some serious mods. I only had to recast once between phases. Boss killing is definitely this build's strongpoint. Clearing is annoying at times pending map mods....ie the poison Guardian during delirium....especially annoying.

For the poison Al Hezmin DEFINITELY run an Atziri's flask and life with poison cure. Once you get to 3-4 watchstones you will want the chaos sist. I even swap rings on 4 watchstones to put chaos resist into the positive. Saves me from dying.
Last edited by Wharhogg on Mar 31, 2020, 3:12:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info