Game Designers Answer Your Hardcore Questions

"
Pure Physical damage is shit forever.
+1

Was great for the last two leagues. But now, with the new Boss defenses I presume, you can forget about it.
Around 5 minutes (!) for Kurgal's 1st phase alone (!) with a char, that killed last league nearly all content (also Kurgal in around one or two minutes for both phases). I am very disappointed! :/
Last edited by PacklFalk on Feb 6, 2020, 6:10:22 AM
Really interesting. I would love a monthly podcast like that.

Also, nice to see Mark.
"
PacklFalk wrote:
"
Pure Physical damage is shit forever.
+1

Was great for the last two leagues. But now, with the new Boss defenses I presume, you can forget about it.
Around 5 minutes (!) for Kurgal's 1st phase alone (!) with a char, that killed last league nearly all content (also Kurgal in around one or two minutes for both phases). I am very disappointed! :/

Just wait till you see what people kill Awakener 8 with in the new zDPS hardcore private league. I guarantee most of it won't be with abusing chaos conversion, and a fair bit of it will be with pure physical impale builds. Point being you can clear the game with almost anything you like, but if you're someone who cares more about exalts/hr, then own up to that and enjoy those numbers go up. If you really do care more about playing your way, then do that and enjoy it for its own sake.
I play pure phys mele Bladestorm build. I enjoy it a lot. But im not a "real" PoE player.
woo
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Wow, this is definitely one of my favorite panels from exilecon. I really enjoy these kind of dev talks. Would love to hear more about conversion and the ideas that have been tried and tested.
Chat and guilds for console when?

Any support at all for console when!?
A BIT LATE RIGHT
Man i love these videos, and i absolutely love how many amazing employees you guys have and how easy they are able to explain stuff so the general player understands it.

On a personal note though i have to say Nick completely ruins these talks/videos for me. He is constantly interrupting and clarifying things that don't need to be clarified. Always seeming to take the spotlight and laughing at his own quips.

Im not trying to get down on anybody, and everyone has their own personality which is fine, but for a developer type of talk and listening to all the cool ass info about the game and design and mechanics, it really ruins it.
"
TauOrigin wrote:
MAKE VARUNASTRA GREAT AGAIN!

Thanks for taking the time to create it. For me it was the best sword in the game and I played with it for a long time from 2.6 to 3.2 But now the skilltree is absolutely not suitable for her(?).

The hack of all trades is currently in a sorry state indeed. Dex based melee has had a very thin slice of the pie to begin with, and now that slice is pretty much a windowpane :/

I do agree leech and sustain should not be viewed so much as "here's some hacks players use so they can still stay alive when they are too lazy/unskilled to not get hit".

Instead, they should be incorporated as part of a system of redundant mechanics to make characters viable (on both sides of the scrimmage line). To make fights interesting, and not all about one-shots or rerolling maps with no-regen no-leech.

Imagine you and Catarina are fighting. The adds wander aimlessly about, but now they are neutral. They take potshots at you, but you move away, so they turn and take potshots at Catarina.

Both you and Catarina have enormous leech and ES/life gain on hit. You're both trying to herd the zombie sheep over to your respective corners of influence, so you have a quick reserve of refills if you start taking heavy damage. Instead of simply dodging all the green crap on the screen and waiting out arbitrary, phony invulnerability phases, you're interacting with the adds, with the map, with her, and with your own area denial and knockback and push-pull and slowing/freezing "Torres Vedras" skills to herd, push forwards, retreat, leech, herd more, rustle some cattle, advance to the centre, etc.

No one hit will kill you out right, but it may do a fixed % of your combined HP/mana/es and leave you unable to leech either through nullifying most of your damage, or simply not letting you gain on damage.

To accomplish this we need better skills than just Frost Bomb and the Bloodless notable. We need less clutter on the screen so we can see how to use the battlefield to our advantage. Fewer hard glitches like "oh here's some impassable stairs" and more strategic zones to a bigger arena.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info