How bad is this beginners build

Hi there I rushed into the game just picking points as i lvled this is what i got so far https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.9.2/AAAABAMCAALjBAcHpQj0EFgRDxEtFLAbJR8CIbAqjSycLpQyNDT3Ntg6WESrSRtJskuuTC1VrlXGXypqQ20ZdFWCEIPbg_eHZY-ml4WaYayYr7e86tlb34rfsOkC6-TsVfFs
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2020, 1:03:48 PM
My question is: should i reroll or can i work with this?
Someone that could look at it i would be really thankfull.
depends on the build ur planing, but what i see so far sucks :) and im noob, made only 1 build myself so maybe im wrong
I'm no expert in the game, but for a beginner thats fine. Just not optimal. The best part of POE is it's complexity, the worst part is that complexity can be a barrier for some people. It's why it's recommended to try a beginner build for your first character. The problem this game can have is that you wont know until later acts that your build isnt' quite working.

Part of the fun of this game is making several characters, trying out new things. So if you end up down the wrong path, just make something else. That being said, the Witch is easily the most powerful class in the game, Witches can clear most of the game with a 4 link spell.

---

So when making a POE character, it's always best to Min Max. Ask yourself what is the character setting out to do. Are you a caster, summoner, Totem user, Melee, Ranged (Bow or Wand?), a Trapper, Miner, Etc. It's always best to pick just one thing and specialize in that.

For your first character, expect and HOPE to fail. Just collect some fun gear, try out some skills and talents, and then make a new character and specialize in those skills you find fun.

---

Honestly, I would just reroll. You will get back to where you were really fast. You can keep your old character, just make a new and specialize. Think of the spell you liked, focus on that and ideally find a beginner guide to help you spend your points more efficiently.

Personally as a witch I like Necromancer Summoners (Very Easy mode), Elementalist with Arc or Incinerate (Fun, easy damage). Right now I'm trying out a Elementalist with Incinerate and Golems for support and it's really fun.
POE, Diablo III, and Torchlight 2... what, who says I can't enjoy all of them?
It depends. Rerolling because of a bad build can kill your enjoyment of the game if you're new, because you're playing the same early acts and not seeing new content.

Your build is bad (sorry), but it's fixable with regrets which aren't hard to come by later. Let's talk about why, a bit:

So you take both paths out of the gate. Generally, you don't want to do this because you want to maximize those medium and large nodes you get; they're the most efficient per point (some are build-enabling), so "spreading out" your build lets you get the most of them. The small nodes are worth less per point. You see how you've gone around the entire ring - both sides - on the left? You can pick up cast speed from gear, or from betters nodes elsewhere, and you've already pathed there by taking the spell damage nodes.

You also connect the left and right loops of the tree. There's no real reason to do this, for the same reason as above: it's inefficient in terms of getting to other big nodes. You could remove all of your ES pathing on the right, for example, and free up five points which will get you into the killer ES loop to the southwest of the fire loop. In the long-term, this would mean more energy shield via more efficient point usage.

Are you playing Metamorph Softcore? I can give you some Orbs of Regret to respec a bit if so. Also, I highly recommend Path of Building -- it'll show what prospective skill point allocations will give you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info