Disconnected from patching server, can't launch new install

When I try to launch a new install I get this. I tried suggestions from the forums:

checked firewall and GGG already has proper exclusions.
uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled.
ran as admin.

Nothing gets it past this error message. Occurs about 15 seconds into "Checking resources...". Every single time.

How can I get past this?
Last bumped on Jun 12, 2020, 9:43:04 AM
"
FrumiousB wrote:
When I try to launch a new install I get this. I tried suggestions from the forums:

checked firewall and GGG already has proper exclusions.
uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled.
ran as admin.

Nothing gets it past this error message. Occurs about 15 seconds into "Checking resources...". Every single time.

How can I get past this?

what error message is that ? Please post more detailed information / screenshots and so on.
That is the error message. Specifically, an error window titled "Connection Failure" which states: Disconnected from patching server before patching completed. Try again"

It looks like this:
https://imgur.com/g13jRap
I have the same issue. To me it looks like GGG could have:

1) to short time for the client to compile a list before download starts, in the Client.log the last 2 lines are:
2020/02/20 09:56:23 45460171 2c1 [INFO Client 11944] Queue file to download: Art/2DItems/Jewels/EternalEmpireCivilization.dds
2020/02/20 09:56:23 45460187 1da [CRIT Client 11944] Disconnected from patching server before patching completed. Try again

2) to big a load on the patch server, could it be patching server and game server are the same?

I think a solution would be to have an offline install of PoE. At least for each season, so you only need the seasonal patching.

As of now, some of us are not able to even install the game let alone playing it.
just off lan manager

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info