Duelist Lines/Quotes

It's a little disgusting when my character keeps talking about their unhealthy obsession with the "stink of victory", or "sweat". It gets old very quickly, and seriously disgusting. The mental image I have each time the character utters the line.

Would be nice for characters to have more varied lines in POE 2, and ensure the lines doesnt cause disgust with players.
Last bumped on Feb 3, 2020, 8:17:33 PM
"
ShinyValkyrie wrote:
It's a little disgusting when my character keeps talking about their unhealthy obsession with the "stink of victory", or "sweat". It gets old very quickly, and seriously disgusting. The mental image I have each time the character utters the line.

Would be nice for characters to have more varied lines in POE 2, and ensure the lines doesnt cause disgust with players.

Duelist talks some classic shit. I just turn off sound

But the "grim truth" if you want to call it that, is this is a sweaty, violent goon who stabs other people in the gut for pay. So the stink of victory is when his opponent's blood and intestines are spilling out through a hole in his abdominal wall.

I don't think he actually "loves" the stink of victory, but it's a lesser evil than say, the stink of defeat, which means his bowels are spilling blood and poo out through a gash in his body rather than his opponent's.

It's good to know that you are among the ranks of folks who are turned off by it because we already have more than enough folks in society who lowkey get their rocks off other people's misery, or perhaps worse, don't give a fuck.

I do agree he should have some variety - some worldview or personality behind the jumpy thug who sleeps around.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
crunkatog wrote:
"
ShinyValkyrie wrote:

Duelist talks some classic shit. I just turn off sound

But the "grim truth" if you want to call it that, is this is a sweaty, violent goon who stabs other people in the gut for pay. So the stink of victory is when his opponent's blood and intestines are spilling out through a hole in his abdominal wall.

I don't think he actually "loves" the stink of victory, but it's a lesser evil than say, the stink of defeat, which means his bowels are spilling blood and poo out through a gash in his body rather than his opponent's.

It's good to know that you are among the ranks of folks who are turned off by it because we already have more than enough folks in society who lowkey get their rocks off other people's misery, or perhaps worse, don't give a fuck.

I do agree he should have some variety - some worldview or personality behind the jumpy thug who sleeps around.

i just hates the duelist's guts. and if the character keeps uttering the same few annoying phrases and you are stuck playing him for a few weeks/months it gets irritating. Too bad duelist's one of the more popular classes these few leagues.

All other characters have some cool/neutral phrases and attractive accents, even the old pantsless bald guy.

"A personal goal of mine, however, is to ensure that even if you don't enjoy the specific mechanics of a league, you'll still enjoy the presence of the NPC." This is a quote from Nick from the Making Cassia article. And you dont even see Cassia that often. If you are stuck playing an annoying character it is just not enjoyable. Please make the main characters' presence enjoyable, we are stuck playing them all the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info