[3.9] The Shocker - Lightning arrow Raider

Intro
Spoiler

So... to get this started there has been in 3.9 changes to Lightning arrow and to Voltaxic Rift, also with the added Barrage support we no longer need to change our skill when attacking bosses, we can simply use the same main attack skill in our 6 linked bow with Greater Multi-projectiles support for packs, and Barrage support for bosses. This allows us to essentially have a Barrage skill with the added bonuses of our main attack skill.

We are going to take full advantage of these changes to Lightning arrow and Voltaxic Rift and use Lightning arrow as our boss killing attack as well as our way to clear packs.

The changes to Lightning arrow and Voltaxic Rift in 3.9
Spoiler

In 3.9 they added a marvelous little pair of mods on to Voltaxic Rift :
Shock Enemies as though dealing 300% more Damage
Your Shocks can increase Damage taken by up to a maximum of 100%

And to Lightning arrow, they changed the skill values a bit, but what is going to interest us the most is also a new mod :
Shocks Enemies as though dealing (100-195)% more Damage

Which means that with a level 21 Lightning Arrow skill (200%), we have in total :
Shocks Enemies as though dealing 500% more Damage

The 'More' multiplier
Spoiler

The 'More' damage multiplier is one of the best damage multipliers in the game, because it is calculated at the end of all damage calculations, after 'increased' damage.

The idea
Spoiler

It's simple, we crank up chance to Shock and increased Shock effect (+90% in this build) and watch as our enemies receive the Shocker again and again for a whopping ( 500 x 1.9 = 950 )% more damage taken.
This means that we have effectively a huge chance (more than 80%) to deal (on top of our attack) 950% More damage.
Practically speak, we have a huge chance to deal 10.5 times our hit damage in 1 hit.
Not to mention that we can crank up the enemies damage taken when Shocked to +100% thanks to Voltaxic Rift.

To make it even worse
Spoiler
We're going to be using a Shaped Voltaxic Rift with the Eternity Shroud and all Shaped gear.
Oh yes. This is happening. Voltaxic Rift gives us 60% Conversion of our Lightning damage to Chaos damage and Eternity Shroud is going to give us 50% of all Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos damage with... The good part... Hits ignore enemy Chaos resistance.

Ascendency
Spoiler
Raider - The bonus elemental damage is just too good. Take Avatar of Slaughter and Avatar of the Veil.

The gear
Spoiler

The rest can be whatever Shaped gear you want, for the helmet i went with a Shaped Fractal Thoughts

For the rest of the Shaper gear, get whatever gives you more critical strike chance (more Shock chance), critical strike multiplier, life, attack speed and resistances.

Path of Building
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/iZCV0SaL

Note : The damage calculation in PoB is bad with the new Shock as though dealing +xxx% More damage, and also the bonuses from the Eternity Shroud.
If anyone could give me a better damage calculation than what's in PoB, give me a shout.

The avatar showing Elreon kinda looks like "wtf did i just see?"
Last edited by Jaith on Jan 23, 2020, 7:31:39 AM
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2020, 10:51:21 PM
Reserved
The avatar showing Elreon kinda looks like "wtf did i just see?"
edit: nevermind
Last edited by TheTabKey on Jan 23, 2020, 10:21:15 PM
I am not sure if this is a troll post or not. But that is most certainly not how it works you would only deal at most 100%more damage from shock
@Carmelbearbwar Read the items. Literally states it.
"
I am not sure if this is a troll post or not. But that is most certainly not how it works you would only deal at most 100%more damage from shock
Yep, "Shocks Enemies as though dealing 500% more Damage" doesn't mean "Shocks increase damage by 500%" it just means it's easier to reach shock cap with smaller hits.

Also not sure if "Your Shocks can increase Damage taken by up to a maximum of 100%" does scale further with increased shock effectiveness, or is it a hard cap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info