Xbox vs Summoner. Lag-free smooth gameplay tips

Hi everyone,

Just want to share my experience how to play lag-free the game with your Summoner.

I had a terrible game experience when i start to play with this build on Xbox, so i try to figure out how can i make more smooth the gameplay.

My setup is Xbox One X with usb SSD.

Xbox Setup:
Reduce your resolution from 4k to 1080p

Game config:
Quality mode: Use performance instead of quality mode

At the moment i have 15 zombies, 11 skeletons, 3 spectres, AG, Golem and 4 auras.
- use celestial Raise Zombie skin
- use celestial Summon Skeleton skin
- use Celestial Rise Spectre skin
- use Invisible Buff Effect on your auras

If you running different maps to complete your atlas or awakener bonus restart your xbox when you feel you start to run out memory. For me its 15-20 maps.

Also, i use an empty celestial hideout without any decoration.

When you enter your map before start to run summon your Skeletons and use all your skills at least 2 times what you normally use next to the portal to load all the textures and the rest of the map you have a nice lag-free smooth gameplay.

Hope its help.

Last edited by Snorf42 on Jan 19, 2020, 9:17:04 AM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2020, 11:22:18 PM
Some of that might be pretty pricey for the average player. My top 4 suggestions from experience:

1. Xbox One X (most expensive but biggest upgrade).
2. SSD (external is great, > $100).
3. Hard wired connection (ideally more than 100 Mbs).
4. Performance mode; not much to go off of (only mention was global illumination is turned off), but its free and easy to check.

This will not completely remove lag, but will reduce it quite a bit.

I can see the the invisible aura effect being useful, but have not tested (note you will need to buy 1 for each aura). Had no difference changing from 4k to 1080. No need to restart console when experiencing longer lag periods, just completely close game and wait 30 sec before starting.

TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
Some of that might be pretty pricey for the average player. My top 4 suggestions from experience:

1. Xbox One X (most expensive but biggest upgrade).
2. SSD (external is great, > $100).
3. Hard wired connection (ideally more than 100 Mbs).
4. Performance mode; not much to go off of (only mention was global illumination is turned off), but its free and easy to check.

This will not completely remove lag, but will reduce it quite a bit.

I can see the the invisible aura effect being useful, but have not tested (note you will need to buy 1 for each aura). Had no difference changing from 4k to 1080. No need to restart console when experiencing longer lag periods, just completely close game and wait 30 sec before starting.

SSD does not improve the performance
[Removed by Support]
"

It shouldn't, but it does. My guess is the amount of assets that PoE has to load, and being able to do so quicker results in less lag IMO. But no need to take my word for it, just get one and try it and you won't be disappointed.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
"
Corrison wrote:
"

It shouldn't, but it does. My guess is the amount of assets that PoE has to load, and being able to do so quicker results in less lag IMO. But no need to take my word for it, just get one and try it and you won't be disappointed.

I bought a 500GB SSD (Crucial MX500) just for POE.

I tested both the stock hdd and ssd in simular conditions.

It does not affect crashes and fps lag. It only improves loading times. Don't believe everything you hear. Lots of 'broscience' on this forum.
[Removed by Support]
"
Corrison wrote:
No need to restart console when experiencing longer lag periods, just completely close game and wait 30 sec before starting.

i will try it next time. thanks for the tip.
"

SSD helps a lot with your game start and loading time.
Very useful but not necessary just write it down what is my config.
Last edited by Snorf42 on Jan 21, 2020, 10:39:33 AM
"
Snorf42 wrote:
"

SSD helps a lot with your game start and loading time.
Very useful but not necessary.

Yes faster loading times but doesnt do anything against fps lag or crashes.

[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info