Arctic Armour

This looks to be exactly the buff that melee needed.

In reply to all the posts that only BM is usable as melee, perhaps it is time to rethink your character?

As for being able to "maintain this skill indefinitely when moving". I don't think this is realistically possible.
IGN: Annassassin
tried it a bit on my spellcaster and i wish it just didnt leave the trail of ice if it means there would be no additional mana cost when moving.

the damage mitigation is nice, the ice trail and mana cost when moving isnt.

i like to have a buff that i can activate and forget rather than having to activate it at times of need because we have very limitted action slots. (is it still 8? 5 buttons keys and 3 on the mouse?)
Have you guys thought of Arctic Armour and Incinerate?

Both skill work best if you stand still!
Arctic Armour - no mana usage if stand still.
Incinerate - huge increase in damage of stand still.

This could really work. Also Arctic Armour would help with reflect (fire) and it has fire damage reduction.

I am really curious about scaling. With max fire resist, the -fire damage taken could be really good.
"
Derdy wrote:
i like to have a buff that i can activate and forget rather than having to activate it at times of need because we have very limitted action slots. (is it still 8? 5 buttons keys and 3 on the mouse?)
Try playing as a melee with enduring cry.
Please pardon my bad english
"
rephikul wrote:
"
Derdy wrote:
Try playing as a melee with enduring cry.

you forgot to add molten shell
"
nebunelux wrote:

This could really work. Also Arctic Armour would help with reflect (fire) and it has fire damage reduction.

I am really curious about scaling. With max fire resist, the -fire damage taken could be really good.

Looks like a good idea.

For players who think this is a oh-shit skill, imo it is not, I would rely on flasks than this.

Scenario:
1. oh shit, I am taking lots of small damage. (0.3 seconds)
2. cast arctic armor (0.5 seconds-1 second)
3. run

whereas I can skip the step 2
2. run, press flasks crazily
"
"
nebunelux wrote:

Looks like a good idea.

For players who think this is a oh-shit skill, imo it is not, I would rely on flasks than this.

Scenario:
2. cast arctic armor (stuck for 0.5 seconds-1 second unless it does not lock movement)
3. run

2. run while drinking flasks crazily
Last edited by katsukimizutani on Mar 20, 2013, 5:44:06 AM
"
"
nebunelux wrote:

Looks like a good idea.

Scenario:
3. run

1st scenario works better versus voids and titty bitches since you can literally take 0 damage from them with this skill.
"
"
nebunelux wrote:

Looks like a good idea.

Scenario:
3. run

You forgot to mention Whirling Blades?

1. Oh shit, I am taking lots of.... whirling blades, solved (unless you lag like me, then its just a skill to let you die further away from the mobs).
IGN: Annassassin
At first i was like holy cow, that might be nice, also great "buff" for melee. So i checked it out on my blood magic character; lol nvm cant use it. Checked it on my CI dagger shadow; lol nvm 0 mana. GG, this is might be useful if you have 3k mana and dont use auras ":D"
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info