Arctic Armour

This combo was too good to be true. :p
"

Mana cost increased by 40. Energy Shield granted significantly reduced.

It has been reduced because mobs are nerfed but there is a huge indirect problem with that.

One of its use was with Eldritch battery and Arctic Armour.

The more Discipline is nerfed, the harder it is to use arctic armour.
Arctic Armour was hard to use even before the nerf.

Maybe it's time to lower the mana requirement.
"
manaa3 wrote:
"
Mana cost increased by 40. Energy Shield granted significantly reduced.

It has been reduced because mobs are nerfed but there is a huge indirect problem with that.
One of its use was with Eldritch battery and Arctic Armour.

Discipline was nerfed before Arctic Armour even existed. That nerf happened a good long while ago.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 6, 2013, 1:31:19 PM
I understand that the mana degen from this skill is not considered a cost for the skill, but rather a buff from the skill being active. The skill cost is a 0 mana reservation, as far as i can gather.

My question is this:
If the degen is not a cost for the skill, then why does the skill turn off when you have no mana left?

Surely having a skill active that you gain no benefit from the buff, should not turn said skill off?
"
magpye wrote:
I understand that the mana degen from this skill is not considered a cost for the skill, but rather a buff from the skill being active. The skill cost is a 0 mana reservation, as far as i can gather.

My question is this:
If the degen is not a cost for the skill, then why does the skill turn off when you have no mana left?

Surely having a skill active that you gain no benefit from the buff, should not turn said skill off?

as far as I understand, it's a skill feature. the buff is a constant drain. if you have no mana to drain, buff ends.
Arctic Armour is working against reflect damage, I just tested it after this new patch. It's pretty insane for protecting yourself since it will trigger per enemy hit, so you'll be reducing a ton of damage against large packs--the thing that is always the most dangerous when facing reflect.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Jul 16, 2013, 4:42:47 AM
I did some physical reflect maps with EK after the patch, and was taking 0 damage with a level 18 AA, and approximately 6.2k dps. Didn't run into any reflect packs, unfortunately, but this is a huge buff to EK for people able to run high level AA.
@UnfairMonopoly
It's a huge buff to anyone using physical or fire damage. Problem is the mana regen required to use it. At this point it seems like a huge investment for a limited type of reflect immunity.
Last edited by Retanaru on Jul 16, 2013, 2:17:36 PM
AA was worth using even before it did anything to reflect, so I don't agree with that last comment at all. Huge damage nullification/reduction against voidbearers and titty bitches, which are some of the most dangerous mobs in the game in vulnerability/LMP/GMP/extra damage/chain maps. The fact that it now reduces reflect damage and lets EKers do physical reflect maps without any problem is pretty huge. Not to mention the advantages that come with the huge mana pool needed to run high level AA, assuming you're not using Atziri's foible. You can run 3 40% auras, 1 30%, and 3 flat auras with the correct gear, passives and Alpha's Howl. Also, the mana regen means you don't need to blood magic any of your skills, which gives you more flexibility in supports you can use.

It's an already insanely good defensive skill that just got a lot better.
@UnfairMonopoly
i just wanna say this is awesome! I run a lvl 21 arctic armor with inner force notable and my detonate dead reflects nothing back at me!

Im considering lvling DD to 20 now, just because ill be able to negate reflected phys damage. In all its great to have the armor protecting against reflect damage :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info