[3.11] LL Vortex Occultist (endgame/deep delve optimized)

First map after respeccing and this happens. Used all my currency to get it ready and this fucking happens :)

can someone tell me why my energy shield didnt protect me from jack shit? I just followed the guide idk what step i missed. This is so depressing
What about Potency of Will, Skittering Runes and Hexmaster?

Many 3.7 Vortex Occultist Builds used those nodes

And why Influence?
Last edited by St4hlh4gel on Jan 25, 2020, 11:11:55 PM
"
S03 wrote:
First map after respeccing and this happens. Used all my currency to get it ready and this fucking happens :)

can someone tell me why my energy shield didnt protect me from jack shit? I just followed the guide idk what step i missed. This is so depressing

Getting Eldritch Battery keystone alongside with Low-Life is the easiest way to get yourself killed :) . On a serious note, you are not actually supposed to use EB- the whole idea is to use TRANSFORMED keystone (Glancing Blows) which you can only take granted that you have placed Lethal Pride(Kiloava) jewel in the jewel socket nearby. I understand that it might be misleading, because POB doesn't support those jewels but I have explained that in the general gear jewels section.
Does +% elemental damage on belts support cold snap and vortex DMG?
"
St4hlh4gel wrote:
What about Potency of Will, Skittering Runes and Hexmaster?

Many 3.7 Vortex Occultist Builds used those nodes

And why Influence?

The choice of nodes is obviously a matter of compromise and there is no strictly good or bad choice but I will try to explain why those 3 might not be the best option.

Potency of will: while getting longer vortex duration is certainly useful, it doesn't actually do much if you can simply cast new vortexes anyways(and we can because the points are spent elswhere to address those mana issues better)

Skittering Runes/Hex Master : the only useful mods there is curse effect, but the other mods are almost useless. You can get 10% curse effect from hex master(3.3% per point) and 20% from skittering runes(but again 3.3% per point). It's not bad, just not nearly as efficient as other options that are possible for spending points(especially while running just 2 curses)

And why influence : helps a bit with mana reservation and also 20% aura effect (10% per point), improves discipline(ES) and malevolence(dmg).
Last edited by Grozaa on Jan 26, 2020, 4:56:56 AM
"
KreetAZ wrote:

If you are talking about elemental damage suffix from prismatic fossil then yes, it applies to both skills and both to hits and damage over time. Also cold damage prefix from frigid fossil works. The only thing that doesn't work (obviously) is elemental damage with attack skills prefix.
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
KreetAZ wrote:

If you are talking about elemental damage suffix from prismatic fossil then yes, it applies to both skills and both to hits and damage over time. Also cold damage prefix from frigid fossil works. The only thing that doesn't work (obviously) is elemental damage with attack skills prefix.

Thank you, I was looking for a new belt and saw that mod on it.

Could xou maybe take a look on my char an tell me what I should upgrade next to get your build rolling. I sit on around 7 ex budget at the moment.

"
KreetAZ wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:
"
KreetAZ wrote:

Thank you, I was looking for a new belt and saw that mod on it.

Could xou maybe take a look on my char an tell me what I should upgrade next to get your build rolling. I sit on around 7 ex budget at the moment.

I can't take a look since your characters on profile are set to private.
"
Grozaa wrote:

Should work now :-) ty
"
KreetAZ wrote:
"
Grozaa wrote:

Should work now :-) ty

Alright so basically similar case to one person from previous page. You are basically playing a different version of this build. Different tree, different items. So I will give you hints based on two assumptions: 1) you want to change some of your items so that they are designed for this build 2) you want to keep the version of the build you use right now but you just look for general upgrades

1:
a) get a rare 300+ES shield with energy shield recovery on block (about 5ex)
b) get a 1h (you can get MUCH better one) cold multi , +1 cold spell skill (depends much on how good it is but 3-10ex)

further upgrades as you get budget:
c) swap bated breath for crystal belt with ES recovery rate/ES from body armour/flat es/%es/resists (2-8ex)
d) swap your mark of the shaper ring setup for rings similar to mine (1-4ex each)
e) get gloves with similar ES/resists but with cold multi(2-6ex)
f) awakened supports

2:
b) as in 1)
e) as in 1)
g) get a better elder ring (ES/resists/dmg)
h) get bated breath with %ES corrupt
i) get a max roll rumi's flask (and quality it...)
j) quality your boots.. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info