[3.9] Cold Conversion Divine Ire Trickster - Freeze, Tank, 4mil+ Shaper DPS

What is the chance of chancing 2 Hood rings on a SSF league? And how to do it properly? item lvl matters? Gonna SSF next one with Divine ire
[BHoD]
Why would you want to get a perfect form? Its the worst item for this build. You only get a handful of evasion. Your cold resistance must be capped at 75% but that wont do anything to increase evasion from your perfect form. I calculated all the resists for cold from your gear and the jewel in the belt, it doesnt cross 75%. Just because it has 'phase acrobats', this armour wont work.
And to get 5 blues on it is not the way. I would suggest going with a carcass jack, qotf or even loreweave. Best thing to do is get a rare with high life and resists.

Also its just not possible to get that much dps as you say you get. You probably calculated the multiplier wrong.
I actually love this build. I have spent a bit more time on gear (and got lucky with a bottled faith flask) but this can easily push well over 4mil shaper DPS as the title suggests. Here is a PoB without shock or any of the other questionable things the author had initially selected, and it is over 4 mil with the gear I currently have:

https://pastebin.com/rb3VKcYc

Please note, as the author stated, there isn't really support in PoB yet for the Thread of Hope jewels which are absolutely necessary to push this amazing build to the next level. The workaround is to add a list of appointments to your amulet, so you will see most of these show up and be calculated properly:

On the left side of the tree:
Divine Wrath
Divine Judgement
Divine Fury
Singular Focus
Two "Shield Spell Block and Elemental Resistances with Shield" nodes (Note, this is the exception as you cannot anoint minor nodes, so it wont show up in PoB. However, these add another 12% to all resist, as well as 4% to spell block, and this is likely why the author's resistances appeared not to be maxed out as well. These available nodes provide a lot more flexibility for gear and jewels)

On the top of the tree:
Breath of Rime
Heart of Ice
Light Eater
Lightning Walker
Arcane Focus

This build offers above average clear speed, especially in higher tier maps, and is tanky enough to actually have fun in the game. I still die quite a bit, but that is usually to Sirus (still have nothing for ground effect defenses) or to T16 metamorphs which are too crazily built.

Here is my current gear:

Theory notes - As nearly all damage is converted to cold, I suspect that rather than an int skill + lightning skill ammy like I have, you could go with an int skill + cold damage leeched as life ammy instead. You would lose 1 level to DI and wrath, but you could then swap out the Cerberus Limb for a real DPS item and retain your life leech which is huge.
You have an Arcane surge as 7th link in pob but it's not working that way. You just have a surge but not a 10% more dmg for being linked to your Divine (coz it's not)
Adding even inspitration instead of empower (and checking inspiration charges) will give you more as i see.
Arcane potency annoinment? How? and why? Isn't it better to just take all these nodes?
and so on/ sry for my grammar
[BHoD]
Last edited by Ner.poe on Feb 12, 2020, 3:20:29 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I am still totally playing with the build (and learning how to use PoB) so this is really appreciated. I could just take the arcane potency nodes, but I would have to drop four from somewhere else. I could just lose the Quick Recovery group, and then toss out the Arcane Focus probably, and then go with a Constitution I guess. That is frankly another great thing about this build ... endless theorycrafting and tons of options depending on your gear. Super fun :)
May I ask can this build become a league starter since it requires a lot of unique? Can I switch to chaos convert afterward and any recommend lvling route ? TYVM
This will not be a league starter. This is a currency dump at best.
Thanks for your input Incandeezle, it made this build look a lot more appealing.
Last edited by Cradoc on Mar 8, 2020, 7:29:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info