3.9 Necromance Max Summoner Doesn't require Uniques/SSF league starter budget/ New player friendly

Max Summoner Necromancer (96 Minions)

Welcome to my version of a Necromancer Summoner guide.

In this guide I wanted to create a beginner friendly guide that doesn’t require unique items or a larger budget to get it off the ground and that is able to do all content. And the build has been able to do so quite easily.

This build focuses on getting out the highest number of minions of all kinds but not focusing too hard on one type of minion to be our main damage source. With my current build I have hit a peak of 96 minions out at once and although that is with solid gear it was all self-found and /or self-crafted to reach this number, In fact after finishing act 10 you are easily able to hit 80 plus minions out with a 4 link setup.

This is my first Guide I have posted so any suggestions or Questions about the current build can be posted in forum below. Feedback would be super helpful.

PRO'S:
SSF/HC
NOT UNIQUE DEPENDANT
BUDGET FRIENDLY
LEAGUE STARTER
ABLE TO DO ALL CONENT ALL MAP ROLLS

CON'S:
NOT THE STRONGEST NECRO BUILD OUT THERE

NOTES ABOUT THE GUIDE
Spoiler

I want to take the time to point out a few things about this guide, IT is not UNIQUE dependent. It can be ran completely SSF/HC. Able to reach high Tier maps on 4 link chest set up and has the freedom to transition into the more popular baron based strength stacking cyclone builds with very little investment if you so choose to do so. In saying that the reason why I did not go down that path is for several reason.

1. I didn’t want a build that requires unique based items to get it rolling.

2. I am personally not a fan of using cyclone just to abuse the spirit offering mechanic. (Just my thoughts)

3. I wanted a build that was SSF viable.

4. A build that can safely be a league starter and build bank for you to go out and fund your next character.

PASTE BIN LINK FOR CURRENT BUILD
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/sVuM5CiM

CURRENT GEAR SETUP
Spoiler

BASIC CRAFTING FOR LEVELING
Spoiler

I want to quickly note that this guide I will be focusing on crafting jewelry (amulets, rings, belts) for my build guide in order to chase more life, Dexterity and resistances while progressing through the acts but by all means it can used for any other builds out there to help find any little bit of life, attributes or resistances you are missing for your build.

In this section I want to quickly go over some basic crafting techniques to give you a better idea on crafting in general. The currency that is used in PoE also functions as our crafting materials there for I want to make you well aware that the basic currency I will be using to explain this won’t be using high valued currency.

Notes on crafting

Spoiler
Item levels matter, the higher the item level the higher the rolls on said item can achieve.
Jewelry can have up to 6 rolls (affix’s) 3 prefix and 3 suffix in the following crafting steps I have mention we are only doing basic crafting so chasing 3 rolls altogether to help find that little bit of health, res or Dexterity that will be required for the build.
If you wish to know what kind of other rolls can appear when using this guide or what can roll as a prefix and suffix, this is the site I use to look at. link here > https://poeaffix.net/

Currency Used
Spoiler
Currency used in this guide will be the following:

Orb of Scouring – wiping the item of its rolls

Orb of Transmutation – turning the item into a magic item

Orb of Alteration – re-roll magic items

Orb of Augmentation – adding a 2nd roll to a migic item that only has 1 roll

Regal Orb – turning a maigic item into a rare (adding a 3rd roll)

Base for Items to use
Spoiler
Base for amulet:Citrine Amulet, Jade Amulet

Base for rings:Two stone rings, Coral ring

Base for belt:Leather belt

Steps for crafting
Spoiler
Once you find any of these base types you can use the following steps to self craft some targeted rolls you will be looking for.

Orb of scouring – Used for wiping the item of its Prefix’s and Suffix's

Orb of Transmutation – Used for turning the item into a magic item if you land the 2 rolls you are chasing straight away (life and Res or even more dexterity and strength) skip next 2 steps.

Orb of Alteration – Used for Re-rolling magic items in this process you can continue to spam these orbs in finding the rolls you want to target (life, res or even more dexterity and strength) If you happen to land only a single roll that you are chasing you can then use the next step. If you happen to land 2 rolls you want to keep skip the next step.

Orb of Augmentation – Used for adding a second roll onto a magic item that only has 1 roll instead of two this if you land a desired roll or lucky enough to hit another roll your targeting you can move onto the next step if your unlucky in landing a roll that is useable you can simply re-roll with Orb of Alteration again

Regal Orb – We finish off with this to upgrade our magic into a rare with 3 rolls instead of 2 in this I want to mention at this point any other roll is just a bonus and is completing RnG but if you land a 3rd roll that you are chasing then congrats

With the above steps if you feel you can get even better rolls then feel free to rinse and repeat with saying that good luck with your first step into the world of crafting.

BASIC LEVELING GEAR
Spoiler

In this part I just want to give you an idea of what you’re looking for in basic gear while progressing through the acts.

Linked sockets
Spoiler

You will want to be chasing 3 linked as soon as possible mostly 3 blue to begin with but don’t limit yourself to only looking for this. 2B 1G is fine as well as 2B 1R as long as its linked. If you need to change colours you can re roll colours on gear with chromatic orbs.

Life/Resistance Rolls
Spoiler

Every bit of gear that catches your eye you want to be looking for life and resistance rolls any other rolls with these 2 main rolls we are chasing is just a plus.

Boots
Spoiler

Move speed is top priority then life then resistance in that order but if you come across boots that has a high move but a super low life don’t bother you want to find a balance good move roll and good life roll at the same time might be hard to find early on but as you get further through the acts you will find a solid pair.

Amulets
Spoiler

You want to be chasing Dexterity based amulet or even a Dexterity and Strength base will do. This will fill in that nasty hole where your hatred Gem will be annoying you if you don’t have enough Dex as you level through acts. Once you have that sorted a good life roll paired with any sort of resistance will do you wonders in the long run.

Rings / Belts
Spoiler

Life rolls and resistance rolls are what your chasing in this department the highest you can find as you progress other nice roll to pair with these two will be pus to any attributes if its dex then its even better but strengh is another good one as well as plus to mana or energy shield.

Weapons
Spoiler

Early in the game or even when you get towards end game you can actually chuck on any wand you want, if you want to go duel wands is fine but I like to run a wand and shield set up because its easy to find life and res rolls on a shield then a wand but it’s really your call. Any rolls on wands will pretty much be useless since we are minion-based damage which you will not find or get access to till later in the game so don’t sweat to hard over this. Generally, any sort of minion-based roll is good but in order of importance it will look like this. (plus to minion gems – minion damage – minion attack/cast speed any other minion base roll is kind of meh from that point on)

ACT GUIDE
Spoiler

In this guide I have also included PoE wiki links for further information on bandits and pantheon tree as well as all end game content that you come across through the acts. I have decided to lay the guide out in this way to give new player’s a feel for the wiki site that has a ton of useful information on the game itself even more experienced players will still go back to this site and use regularly as I know I do as well.

In each act there is optional quests that give skill points as rewards, I have listed out only the Quests that give you the skill points as so you don’t miss out on any as you progress but by all means is this is your first playthrough go through and complete all quests I highly recommend it to get a solid feel for the game as a whole.

Before the start of each act upgrade your flasks with regards to Health and Mana. My general flask setup for leveling is 2 health with 1 Quick silver 1 basalt and a Mana potion with the at least these rolls on my potions
Remove bleeding and instant recovery as a bare minumum

Loot filter:I highly suggest you grab one of these, The one i use is just a standard filterblade filter which can be found here https://www.filterblade.xyz/

SKILL TREE
Spoiler

Skill Tree First 21 points
Spoiler

38 points
Spoiler

56 points
Spoiler

85 points
Spoiler

107 points
Spoiler

Final points
Spoiler

Act 1 notes
Spoiler

Check with vendor (nessa) to buy a Dex based (jade) amulet
Frost Blink then swap to Flame Dash at lvl 10
Lab trial location: The lower prison
Get off hand weapons for leveling gems (3 sockets)
Skill point Quests: The Marooned Mariner, The Dweller of the Deep, The way Forward
Mercy Mission Quest – Quick silver Flask
Gems to grab/purchase this act: Raise Zombie, Summon Skeletons, Summon Phantasm, Freezing pulse, Minion Damage Support (grab 3), Flame Dash, Flesh offering, Spirit offering
Recommended gem setup after completing act:

Summon skeletons – Minion damage – Summon phantasm

Raise zombie – minion damage

Freezing pulse – arcane surge

Flame Dash

Act 2 notes
Spoiler

Check vendor again for dex amulet if you do not have one.
Kill all bandits for 2 skill points for more information on bandits Wiki link is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deal_with_the_Bandits
Lab trails location: The Crypt lv1, The chamber of sin lv2,
You will come across Einhar the Beast master the first end game mechanic you will encounter, while progressing through the act all these “master mission’s” are optional but you can complete them as you come across them for the first time, for more info on Einhar Wiki link is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Einhar,_Beastmaster
Gems to grab/purchase this act: Desecrate, Controlled Destruction, Minion Life, Summon Skitter bots, Melee physical damage support (grab 2).
Recommended gem setup after completing act

Summon Skeletons – Minion damage – Summon phantasm

Raise zombie – Minion damage – Melee physical

Freezing pulse – arcane surge – controlled destruction

Flame dash – Summon Skitter bots
Rest of gems that have been picked up can be slotted in any spare spots available.

Act 3 notes
Spoiler

Skill point Quest: Victario’s Secrets, Piety’s Pets.
Check vendors for 4 socket pieces – won't get four link till act 4 from vendor.
Lab trails location: The crematorium, The Catacombs, The imperial gardens.
The Library Quest is a must complete in order to purchase some of the gems listed below you will come across this side quest in the library accessed through the imperial gardens.
Gems to Grab/purchase this act: Convocation, Hatred, Raise Spectre, Feeding Frenzy (grab 2), Melee splash support, Maim Support, Cast when Damage Taken.
Before moving on to act 4 complete labyrinth (be sure to be lv40 above for an easier run) Mistress of Sacrifice node (once getting this you will need to make sure you have your Cast When damage set up correctly with the following lv on gems CwDT lv1 – desecrate lv7 – spirit offering lv8)
Summon Skeletons – Minion damage – Feeding Frenzy

Raise Zombie – Minion damage – Melee physical

Raise Spectre – Minion Damage - Summon Phantasm

Hatred – Flame dash – Summon Skitter bots (these don’t have to be linked)

CwDT (lv1) – desecrate (lv7) - Spirit offering (lv8)
Rest of gems that have been picked up can be slotted in any spare spots available.

Act 4 notes
Spoiler

Skill point Quest: An indomitable spirit
Gain access to niko master of depths end game mechanic, for more info wiki link is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Delve
Gems to grab/purchase this act: Summon carrion golem, Spell Echo support, Multi strike Support
Summon Skeletons – Minion damage – Feeding Frenzy - Melee Splash

Raise Zombie – Minion damage – Melee physical - Maim Support

Raise Spectre – Minion Damage - Summon Phantasm – Spell Echo

Hatred – Flame dash – Summon Skitter bots (these don’t have to be linked)

CwDT (lv1) – desecrate (lv7) - Spirit offering (lv8)

Summon Carrion Golem – Minion life Support
This is your back bone Gem setup nothing changes hard until end game notes

Act 5 notes
Spoiler

Skill point Quest: Kitava’s Torments, Service to Science
Grab Slave driver monster from the control blocks map layout as your raise spectre from now on, if your spectre’s die go back and raise more when you have the time to do so.

Act 6 notes
Spoiler

Resistance check (try to aim for above 40) chaos resistance the exception to that rule
Lilly Roth Quest to unlock Gems
Skill point Quest: The Puppet Mistress, The Cloven one, The Father of War
Lab trails location: The prison
Gain access to pantheon tree: recommended selections are as the following for major gods either soul of lunaris or soul of solaris, for minor gods either soul of ralakesh or soul of shakari, For more information on pantheon info Wiki link is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Pantheon

Act 7 notes
Spoiler

Gain access to Alva master explorer end game mechanic for more info Wiki link is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Temple_of_Atzoatl
The Silver Locket (Optional Quest) – take Basalt flask as reward
Lab trails location: the crypt, the chamber of sins lv2
Skill point Quest: Kishara’s Star, The Master of a Million Faces, Queen of Despair
Once you gain access to the Northern Forest you will want to head to the Dread Thicket to pick up the fire flies before moving onto the Causeway for a more efficient pathing in completing Quest lines
Complete second Lab ascendency, Mindless aggression node

Act 8 notes
Spoiler

Skill point Quest: Reflection of Terror, The Gemling Legion, Love is Dead
Lab trail location: The bath house

Act 9 notes
Spoiler

Skill point Quest: The Ruler of Highgate, Fastis Fortuna, Queen of the Sands
Lab trails location: The tunnel
Gain access to Jun for the Immortal Syndicate, another end game mechanic for more info Wiki link is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Immortal_Syndicate

Act 10 notes
Spoiler

Skill point Quest: An End to Hunger, Vilenta’s Vengeance
Lab trail location: The Ossuary
Complete Third lab ascendency, Bone barrier node is the one we pick up here. This is crucial to grab before mapping it will provide you with a huge bonus to resistances which you need to have capped at 75% on all with chaos being the exception

End game notes
Spoiler

Track down the last 6 trails for final Labyrinth ascendancy. Upon completion we track to Unnatural Strength from Mindless Aggression, if you’re having trouble finding the trials, after a while in maps you can go to global chat 820 by typing /global 820 in chat to connect, there you will find people posting trails they have found just ask for an invite (most people will ask for a donation but not in all cases) and away you go.
Jewel to look out for in end game mapping are any Ghastley eye jewels with the following stats
plus to life - plus to minion damge - minions have a chance to tuant/blind
Final Recommended Gem setup
Spoiler

6L Zombie - Minion Damage – Feeding Frenzy- Multisrike – Melee Physical – Maim support
or
Skeletons - Minion Damage – Feeding Frenzy- Multisrike – Melee Physical - Melee splash support

4L Zombie - Feeding Frenzy – Minion Damage – Maim supporY
or
Skeleton - Feeding Frenzy – Minion Damage – Melee splash Support

4L Summon Carrion – Animate Guardian / Convocation – Minion Life – Minion Damage see notes

4L Raise Spectre – Minion Damage – Spell Echo – Controlled Destruction / Summon Phantasm

3L Summon Skitter Bots – Flame Dash – Hatred (These do not need to be link)

3L Cast When Damage Taken (lv1) – Desacrate (lv7) – Spirit Offering (lv8)
Notes:
The 4L setup which I have mentioned the animate guardian and convocation gems is noting the fact that you will not have access to a ring with a socket early in the game until such time you gear towards a ring which has a socket just run convocation in that 4L setup as this will give you time to find/buy gear that will go towards the making of your guardian.
Guardian basic gear
Spoiler

Helmet: Leer Mask
Chest: Ambu’s Charge
Boots: Victario’s Flight
Gloves: Southbound
Weapon: Dying Breath

All gear is unique based items that can be found while grinding or can be purchased on trade for relatively cheap prices, I think for less than 8 chaos all up it might vary but it is usually around this.

Final Notes on build
This is by no means the best of the best necro guides out there i just wanted to have a guide out there that was easy to get going and didnt over load a new player with so much infomation to chase them away due to a massive amount of knowledge the game takes to push characters to the limits of end game content. With saying that this build i have never hit a problem with facing any end game content that i have come across.

Big shout out to Sven for running this build and taking notes along the way to help get this guide together
Last edited by Juicy_OZ on Jan 29, 2020, 7:36:14 AM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2020, 10:41:04 AM
I have been running this build and say it is quite easy to play, I am a noob when it comes to POE and didn't know much about crafting and when working through the above guide with AusHussein I learned quite a bit about it.

AusHussein said that the build could do the final Kitava fight as a four link only set up to prove its SSF viability, so i decided to record it from stream and here is a link to the video that i uploaded to Youtube to be able to show that it can be done with out any Uniques as well.

https://youtu.be/6mO4jI1eDgA
Hi, OP.
I am using you guide from start, very solid, and save a lot of time to do trade.
However, I am hitting the wall when fighting the conquerors (drop banner and hands from sky dude, the snake dude, and meta boss) at awakening lvl 3.
Now I am running physical minions at awakening lvl 4 now, due to my minions died too often in corrupted t15 & 16 with element reflect map. Is there a way to improve the build to go a little deeper? Thanks.

Best regards,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info