European payment methods

Many European players have commented that they don't have PayPal or a Credit Card and would like to buy our supporter packs.

What would be your preferred payment method to pay us?

Please don't post if you're not actually intending to pay us with this method, because we want to get a clear idea of where our priorities should be.

If you're not in Europe and want to suggest a payment method, please make it clear that you're not in Europe so that we don't get confused.

If your preferred payment method has already been posted, feel free to reply confirming that you like that method, so that we get a good idea of the relative popularity.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Sam on Apr 16, 2012, 7:30:05 PM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2018, 10:00:00 PM
I already bought my pack, but I know for sure that most of the Russian community members prefers WebMoneny payment system.
Russian community members prefers Qiwi, Yandex, WebMoney payment system.
In Germany many Online Game payments transfered via Electronic Direct Debiting
Paypal Germany has it also as payment method so you can paypal use without a Credit Card
this is what i use

here a Translate what ELV is
http://www.linguee.de/deutsch-englisch/uebersetzung/elektronisches+lastschriftverfahren.html

i Hope it helps
One day, somebody's gonna have to make a stand.
One day, somebody's gonna have to say enough
Remember the Dead, But Fight FOR THE LIVING
"
Empus wrote:
Russian community members prefers Qiwi, Yandex, WebMoney payment system.

Qiwi and Yandex are to local for foreigners, they can use them only trough retailers, I suppose.
You can easly use Paypal in europe ,and you don't need credits card. Only you need is bank account from where you transfer money to Paypal.Paypal will convert your's paymant to any currency you want.

Sorry for my bad english.
I would be glad if paysafecard was an option
Although I don't mind using PayPal, it is really slow without a credit card attached to it. I ordered the Bronze package almost a week ago, but my bank still hasn't transferred the money :D

Most Dutch people like to use iDEAL, but I don't think this would be ideal (no pun intended) for GGG.
Paypal works fine from Europe and always has. But it probably needs a verified account and a lot of people dont want or need one of those.

My advice would be not to change it all. The reason being that it is actually better for players in Europe to get a verified paypal account and buy the point bundles in USD, because paying in USD is always cheaper than paying in euro or GPB, and since its an online microtransaction with nothing physical imported through the mail, we dont have to pay our extra high taxes on them.

If you do implement alternative payment methods for Europe, dont remove the current options. I always want to be able to pay in USD through paypal if possible.

People in Europe would be even more annoyed if we end up having to pay more in euros or GPB than it would cost us to pay for the same thing in USD, which has always been the case with 100% of $ > European currency conversions.

It also wouldnt benefit the developers at all if they actually offered a 100% accurate conversion, because the sales would still have higher taxes applied to them if regionalized for the European market.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
We wouldn't remove the existing options for EU players, and we would probably still use USD as the currency unless we have a compelling reason not to, such as the payment method not supporting it.

If we did use a non-USD currency, we would attempt to cost the non-USD prices as close as possible to the USD ones.

We have just heard a lot of complaints from people wanting a payment option more friendly to those without credit cards, and would like to find out where the best use of our time would be.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
Last edited by Jonathan on Apr 11, 2012, 5:34:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info