So about the Arakaali's Fang spiders

"
Aodui wrote:
"
relithh wrote:
i mostly deal with them at melee

By that you mean Blast Rain right? which is easy to swap to for a bow build you have three six links, and it is useful for other stuff than just countering spider builds.

You can use it against most things really, the overlapping damage is OP and cuts through most defenses.

Ranged bow attacks have been the most versatile play style since launch and they have always been provided a way to counter absolutely everything effortlessly (see Explosive Arrow / Lightning Arrow / Frost Wall / Blink Arrow / Blast Rain / Toxic Arrow - there has yet to be a bow builds cannot top the PVP ladder era)

To counter spiders you have to flee them before they get onto you, and keep fleeing them, as they will take you down if they reach you, nearly effortlessly, and with a burst because their attack will come simultaneously now that they do not have to jockey for position.

I want to see all of these work well enough that people play them:

Ranged Attacks (bow)
Ranged Attacks (wand and shield)
Self-Casters
Melee
Traps & Mines Proper (the active skill gem is tagged trap or mine)
Traps & Mines (using the trap or mine support) to a lesser extent
Some kind of summoner that does not just run around the arena avoiding players while having their immortal sonic speed spiders lay waste to everyone who doesn't see them coming, even if some play styles allow you to easily counter them if you start on the defensive and blanket yourself in a flee spam cloud while simultaneously doing damage or off screening them, which you can switch between easily because you have three six links

PoE 2.0 will actually improve this for other builds by giving them tons of six links, I get that bow builds are fine against spiders, but bow builds are fine against all builds ever in the history of Path of Exile.

well, have you seen immortal melee builds? how does spiders relate to me playing bow ? you can do the same with mines/spells etc.

And no, it not necessarily those skills you listed above. is it not possible to have a second 6 link on swap? melee's can't have 3 6 links? or you could probably use bl with flee? and jump them after. flee can be used with virtually any aoe skill even lacerate if your aps is decently fast. That being said, if you choose to go up against spiders using a single target skill without any forms of swaps.. than that is a choice you made. I am not denying that spiders are strong, but lately all i've been reading are people calling for nerfs and more nerfs ( unless its really broken ). I really hope that builds can be here to stay and eventually people would consider investing more into pvp. At the end of the day i am just trying to offer help, and not debate/argue about spiders.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Jan 6, 2020, 12:53:52 PM
"
relithh wrote:
i am just trying to offer help.

Ok, I think the most helpful thing you could do is give us 500 ex each so we can buy a mirror bow and run at 300 ms while targeting randomly each corners of the arena. *joke*

Arakaali fang is one of those build you spend 5 ex on it and then shit on 90% of people in league and that is something I remember you are not so happy about it. It is too strong in league.

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 6, 2020, 1:43:54 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Jul 16, 2020, 1:29:59 AM
I think you can counter Arakaali's builds with the new broken

( this ring will offscreen you in 1vs1 if you are not full block )

you can use any skill+mines like
or discharge with that ring
"

The only way I can see this off-screening players is if used with Cast on crit and a ranged skill but in that case (use of ranged skill) anything already off-screen a spider build.

Some spider builds have very high MS tho so this ring is not like an hard counter.

Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
"

The only way I can see this off-screening players is if used with Cast on crit and a ranged skill but in that case (use of ranged skill) anything already off-screen a spider build.

Some spider builds have very high MS tho so this ring is not like an hard counter.

i did an arakaalis build and i was testing with a friend of my guild , its very difficult to counter him when he use orbs of storm+curse on hit+temporal chains and his mines+astral projector at the same time

also today a totem guy offscreen me in sarn arena , probably Astral Projector+Shockwave totems , it have more aoe and damage than mines

'1vs1 arena' isnt so big like 'sarn arena' so i cant avoid the auto-targeting hits of Astral Projector

Do you guys ever just sit back and ask yourselves....."Why is everything ranged, why is everything aoe, why is everything cheesy as fuck auto targeting and catering to cripples/failed abortions/people that require a fork lift to move from room to room." Just like Delve, when you think you've hit the bottom PvP just keeps going down deeper in the shitter.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Jan 14, 2020, 10:22:06 PM
Johnson’s latest tank.... completely facetanks my mines. And i have pretty good gear :)
Kills me at melee range with ease ^^
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"
MullaXul wrote:
Do you guys ever just sit back and ask yourselves....."Why is everything ranged, why is everything aoe, why is everything cheesy as fuck auto targeting and catering to cripples/failed abortions/people that require a fork lift to move from room to room." Just like Delve, when you think you've hit the bottom PvP just keeps going down deeper in the shitter.

"
Castablanca wrote:
Johnson’s latest tank.... completely facetanks my mines. And i have pretty good gear :)

It's decided. Melee is OP. Sounds like a nerf is in order.
IGN: _Firebitch
Last edited by Firebrand76 on Jan 18, 2020, 1:50:13 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
"
MullaXul wrote:

"
Castablanca wrote:

It's decided. Melee is OP. Sounds like a nerf is in order.

Ya , there are some immortal builds now , like the old immortal zerphi builds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info