So about the Arakaali's Fang spiders

They are immortal.
They persist virtually infinitely.
The damage and target acquisition range is way too high as for the speed they have.

They stack on top of each other so:
20 simultaneous hits turn any dodge or evasion useless
extremely short attack animation makes any "manual dodge" impossible.

Aura-related lag turns arena into shitshow:
Spoiler

There is no counterplay except offscreening.

Do something!
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2020, 6:03:32 PM
I play a spider build in standard pvp and people have found at least 1 hard and 1 soft counter against it.
IGN: _Firebitch
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
They are immortal.
They persist virtually infinitely.
The damage and target acquisition range is way too high as for the speed they have.

They stack on top of each other so:
20 simultaneous hits turn any dodge or evasion useless
extremely short attack animation makes any "manual dodge" impossible.

Aura-related lag turns arena into shitshow:
Spoiler

There is no counterplay except offscreening.

Do something!

spiders are by far the easiest to counter. Im not sure if i should state it here, but any build can counter it with a single swap.

I hope people can think of other possibilities before calling something out.
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Last edited by relithh on Jan 5, 2020, 1:09:04 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Jul 16, 2020, 1:29:44 AM
IT should deal no damage in pvp or they should be destructible, immortal minions is a stupid idea.

Chance to flee is great and all but it is just a shitty solution slapped on something that should never have been a thing to begin with.

Essence skulls are in the same spot too.

Using phasing is also not ideal in many configuration.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 5, 2020, 4:52:03 PM
Spoiler
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
I play a spider build

Of course you do.

"
relithh wrote:

I hope people can think of other possibilities before calling something out

Have you tried to play a build with range lower than 120 units, like ever?

Too low "time to kill" is a general poe pvp problem and the spiders are good example of the issue, they have "melee range" attack yet you have at best 500ms of time to react once you see a spider on your 16:9 screen.

Needless to say even if you are "prefiring" the presumable direction of attack — not every skill able to hit 20 monsters at once at least 4 times per second to apply flee. So yea, there is no counterplay except fucking offscreening.

Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jan 5, 2020, 5:47:21 PM
orb of storms flee? i don't know what kind of melee you're playing but the whole idea is to swap gems/skills on the fly to deal with less favorable match-ups.

I personally feel if you want to play just that one skill, there will always be a hard counter out there.

and yes, you can not always pre-fire, because you do not know the direction from where they are coming. but you can always position yourself to be in an advantage if that happens.

your second weapon slot is great to deal with these problems, there are quite a few melee skills that are able to deal with spiders, or even melee spells skills such as bladevortex

spider builds are extremely squishy, and completely destroyed with a single gem.

I don't play a spider build by any means, but have fought against plenty, with multiple builds.

The whole idea of this respond is to let people try and adapt and find other solutions than to simply call out a fix to something you cannot deal with.

Do not get me wrong, i am not trying to throw you off or something, i am here to help. If in any point you need some solutions i'd be glad to offer some. you can always pm me in game @relithh

Last edited by relithh on Jan 5, 2020, 8:08:14 PM
"
If in any point you need some solutions i'd be glad to offer some

Will the solutions always include "just use ranged swap and stay as far as possible from the enemy"? Just curious.
Spoiler

Don't get me wrong, you've made a great progress from zerphi's EA back in harbinger to oneshot-based offscreener nowadays, by my observation sometimes your playstyle looks like you actually "playing" vs opponent (and not just brainlessly blind spam around), especially considering the ping you getting on Texas arena. Yet I don't expect anything creative from you
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Jan 5, 2020, 8:47:47 PM
i never deal with flee spiders from range as they move too fast and too hard to hit, i mostly deal with them at melee and it also depends on what you're playing before i can make any recommendations. but i smell sarcasm in your post. Speaking or creativity, you would have figured how to use the flee gem to its max potential.
Last edited by relithh on Jan 5, 2020, 9:32:04 PM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Jul 16, 2020, 1:29:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info