[3.9] Endless Winter Flicker Strike + 6 Other skill alternatives!

Before getting into this build I want to point out that this build does require a specific crafted mod and a fairly decent weapon base as means for scaling. I spent 17 exalts crafting my sword, and got a very lucky roll, but dual wielding 1h with the mod or even a weaker sword will do. You can even transform this build into a bow build if you have a bow with the mod.

The required mod is x-x cold damage to attacks per 10 dexterity

This entire build focuses around scaling dexterity, converting to cold damage, and keeping it all chilled/frozen to mitigate incoming damage.

The weapon I have crafted can be found below, and I am happy to assist people in learning how to craft if you are new!
Spoiler

I will be streaming this build once it is up and running (It may be a day or two as I am leveling with a friend)
My stream can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/BeardBroTTV

Ok, so let's get into the juicy stuff. I chose RANGER and RAIDER for very specific reasons. Ranger puts us at the core of the dexterity section of the passive tree, where we can get lots of juicy dex nodes! Dexterity allows us to abuse alot of uniques to gain life and damage in ways that most builds cannot. With an easy 900-1100 Dexterity, it's insanely strong when you pair it with the right uniques such as:

This build is not a very budget friendly build as we need to grab quite a few uniques that are core to making it work, so I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS AS A LEAGUE STARTER

I do not have the free time to do a whole lot of writing at this very moment, but I will update this guide once I have more time. For now I will post the pastebin and a brief summary of what skills you can use below!

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/frhamSX3
Bandits: Kill All
Ascendancy Order: Way of the Poacher > Rapid Assault > Avatar of the Slaughter > Avatar of the Chase
Leveling Tree Advice: I would advise leveling with frost blades for clear, and double strike for single target up until you can use Blade flurry, then use blade flurry +
x2 to level to the 40s-50s. At 51 you can swap to Terminus Est and flicker strike comfortably, or if youre not a fan of flicker strike, use one of the other 6 skill alternatives. I personally will be using Flicker Strike and Wild Strike.

Skills you can use with this build: Flicker Strike, Ice Crash, Cyclone, Wild Strike, Charged Dash, Frost Blades, Molten Strike, and MORE. I only posted 7 to show the versatility

Keep in mind that the needs on your watcher's eye will change based on what skill you use. For example, with flicker strike, you want cold conversion with hatred to convert more damage to cold for scaling purposes, but with skills like Wild Strike, Molten Strike, and Ice crash, where natural occuring conversion happens, you can switch out for other watcher's eye mods to give yourself more damage

Notable Watcher's Eye Mods: Anything with Hatred, or Precision Attack Damage + Crit Multi is really good as well. All of these cost between 4-12 exalts, and if you want 2x mods, it will cost even more, so keep that in mind when starting this build, as having a watcher's eye makes the DPS skyrocket almost 1million on every skill.

LUXURY SPENDING
If you get an Awakened Multistrike, it adds an additional Attack to your skills, as well as a third tier of damage scaling in the form of MORE, and not INCREASED damage. It is BY FAR the best upgrade for this build if you are playing a non-channeled skill, because it will make your DPS go up SO MUCH. Path of Building does not do the math properly on Awakened Multistrike or regular multistrike so you have to add it manually, as I have done in my POB on the Belly of the Beast. If you happen across an awakened multistrike, add an additional 15% More damage to my already listed 22%, and it will somewhat reflect the DPS increase.

I will craft a BOW soon and make a bow variant for people who prefer ranged. Just need to get some more exalts so I can stay comfortable :)
Last edited by H4RM4G3DD0N on Jun 12, 2020, 4:57:01 PM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2020, 6:43:29 AM
Sick build idea man, I will definitely try this out duel wielding with the new sword drop from Sirius, should be good dmg
"
Thraw wrote:
Sick build idea man, I will definitely try this out duel wielding with the new sword drop from Sirius, should be good dmg

yeah i mean the dex scaling will still play a huge role with the uniques equipped! Should let me know how it goes bro :)
can i use a the perfect form instead of belly?
Last edited by ezkie on Dec 31, 2019, 3:33:42 AM
"
ezkie wrote:
can i use a the perfect form instead of belly?

Im sure it would work yeah, i went for belly for the life increase :)
Can you post videos of this in action?
I'm thinking about swapping that coil for a HeadHunter and Mantra of Flames for more fire dmg with high buff, do you think will be worth the change?
"
BlackTyphon wrote:
I'm thinking about swapping that coil for a HeadHunter and Mantra of Flames for more fire dmg with high buff, do you think will be worth the change?

I'd plug it into path of building and see. The cyclopean coil offers ALOT to the build, including freeze/shock immunity and huge attribute boost. Could pay off though.

crafted a bow for the build, been messing around with it for a while now, will update build guide with bow setup soon once i figure out best option for us
Hi - Nice build mate - DO you think a CI build would work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info