[3.9] Fire/Flamethrower Trap League Starter - Clear Maps - One Tap Bosses - Farm Awakener

"
LadyLoriana wrote:
Your character has +1 dexterity gems on the amulet. Is it better than +1 fire gems?

Fire/Flamethrower are green gems and deal fire damage so they gain from both.

This is +2 for example:
Hey question so why not use multiple trap support instead of the chance i might just be missing somthin
how to craft the helm by the way^^ buying a great crown with flamethrower enchant then throwing fossils on it until u get what u want?
in the gear area it says 20c for crafting the helm and 1c for the enchant. what does it mean there is a service people run labs until they hit the enchant for u and take 1c for it?^^
sry but i dont get it how to craft it...

i bought some decent gear and it felt smooth on maps and bosses and i'd like maxing it out but how to craft all these items when i dont even understand the helm craft mentioned in video and guide^^
Last edited by Sorzki on Jan 19, 2020, 12:38:59 PM
"
Sorzki wrote:
how to craft the helm by the way^^ buying a great crown with flamethrower enchant then throwing fossils on it until u get what u want?
in the gear area it says 20c for crafting the helm and 1c for the enchant. what does it mean there is a service people run labs until they hit the enchant for u and take 1c for it?^^

i bought some decent gear and it felt smooth on maps and bosses and i'd like maxing it out but how to craft all these items when i dont even understand the helm craft mentioned in video and guide^^

Buy a cheap helm base that already has the enchant, scour it, then use Scorched Fossil with single Resonator until you hit the rolls you need. Pretty cheap.
delete
Last edited by gduber on Jan 20, 2020, 11:09:49 AM
"
Tsazao wrote:
"
Sorzki wrote:

Buy a cheap helm base that already has the enchant, scour it, then use Scorched Fossil with single Resonator until you hit the rolls you need. Pretty cheap.

ok ty, so its rly that simple. guide and video confused me too much and i thought there is another way of fossil crafting i didnt figure out yet^^

may i ask u for the weakest parts in my build? right now i got serious mana issues cause i missed too many mana stats on items. my current setup is horrbile balanced especially rings and amulet. i wanna buy 1 circle of anguish at least with high agony buff effect and a good mix of utility i am missing. here is my problem which of my rings or jewels is worth to build around or should i sell em all and get new stuff^^ i got another chest with more resistances as well so i am pretty flexible. maybe i should have followed the stat priorities a bit more instead of fishing nice to have things :P

changed to this so far but just feels like a kinda expensive not even good solution overall xD i am not sure about the amulet with -5 percent ele res if its worth using it and the morbid band ring as well. i payed 1 ex each after searching around and got tired of not buying something...
Last edited by Sorzki on Jan 20, 2020, 12:20:15 PM
Guyes , please tell me the oil recipe for Thaumaturgical Apritude, I didnt find any info at all.
I finally got on the leaderboard with this build.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Flamethrower-Trap

Very high for me. I've only had one level 97 before. I've continued working on the toon and crafted some very very nice pieces of gear.

got overcapped resists + over 80 positive chaos resist now, so full resists, which i've never managed before.

I stay away from -max resist maps if i wanna keep the exp though. The 23% physical as fire damage is a big part of the tankiness.

with the Glorious Vanity i get the Pain attenment to Corrupted Soul and Arcane Vision to Energy Flow Studies for 8% max ES and 15% faster shield recharge rate (level 97 skill pick) and from the other nodes it changes i'm getting a 14% cold resist and 3% move speed and another 1% to dodge spell hits which are nice.

when fossil crafting the helmet, i initially tried to going for chaos resist too but i proved to much so i went back to trying scorched pristine over and over to get a really good roll finally and it did happen in about 25 attempts.

For the chest piece, i was going for a 15% phys to elemental roll on a good chest using warlord slams on 4 stat line rares with two open prefixes. I bought 4 chests over time and 1 rolled the lower end phys to elemental then the next two rolled +1 to active skill gems and then luckily the best chest piece overall i ended up with rolled the 15% phys to fire. The Chaos resist on it is what finally put me all over cap.

I never did really go back and try for high end +1 fire skill gems on weapon and shield. I'm good on DPS for all content it seems. I've killed about 5 deathless Woke 8 Awakeners now with it and a bunch of shapers and elders, and i like the lines i have on those items, all having mana regen, aspect etc...

Very happy with this as my main league build. Always loved trappers but didn't think they were this viable. Was so wrong. Extremely good and every bit or more viable than the summoners and other meta stuff running around out there. Making so much money i'm just collecting conquerer and awakener orbs and fossils at this point for crafting fun.

Bought chest for 80c, warlord's slammed, then linked:

Along the way i ended up making these 3:
Spoiler

About 25 attempts into fossil crafting pristine + scorched. The way i do is buy 2 helms and keep crafting on whichever is the least good at the time. I had a personal requirement of being able to craft the phys to elemental on it, not just the - fire resist landing:

Had to buy multiple pairs of gloves and annul them. This one finally landed a good annul on good gloves:

Made the belt with pristine + prismatic attempts

Bought 4 stat line shield and added aspect and hybrid chaos resist craft.

Chaos spammed the amulet and then crafted life and got a lucky exalt slam on second good resist:

The rest is pretty standard, i still havn't gotten the enchant on boots but i've only done about 5 runs for it. I hate the lab, and while it'd help me kill shaper and sirus faster, it's not absolutely neccessary obviously and about no help outside those few boss situations with just 1 mob.

Got a trap damage, area damage, max life, cold resist jewel with corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you for only 2 exalts, pretty necessary.

Total HP: Life 6627 ES 3410, for 10,037 hit points combined with steel skin level 20 CWDT and 23% phys damage taken as fire and over capped chaos resist.

Deathless Awakener 8 video. (almost committed suicide twice at the start, this was my 2nd awakener attempt, died 5 times on the first kill learning the fight).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oCQ4cvX_Xk&t=38s
Last edited by Fuzzballx on Jan 29, 2020, 6:41:54 PM
"
Fuzzballx wrote:
I finally got on the leaderboard with this build.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?skill=Flamethrower-Trap

Very high for me. I've only had one level 97 before. I've continued working on the toon and crafted some very very nice pieces of gear.

got overcapped resists + over 80 positive chaos resist now, so full resists, which i've never managed before.

I stay away from -max resist maps if i wanna keep the exp though. The 23% physical as fire damage is a big part of the tankiness.

with the Glorious Vanity i get the Pain attenment to Corrupted Soul and Arcane Vision to Energy Flow Studies for 8% max ES and 15% faster shield recharge rate (level 97 skill pick) and from the other nodes it changes i'm getting a 14% cold resist and 3% move speed and another 1% to dodge spell hits which are nice.

when fossil crafting the helmet, i initially tried to going for chaos resist too but i proved to much so i went back to trying scorched pristine over and over to get a really good roll finally and it did happen in about 25 attempts.

For the chest piece, i was going for a 15% phys to elemental roll on a good chest using warlord slams on 4 stat line rares with two open prefixes. I bought 4 chests over time and 1 rolled the lower end phys to elemental then the next two rolled +1 to active skill gems and then luckily the best chest piece overall i ended up with rolled the 15% phys to fire. The Chaos resist on it is what finally put me all over cap.

I never did really go back and try for high end +1 fire skill gems on weapon and shield. I'm good on DPS for all content it seems. I've killed about 5 deathless Woke 8 Awakeners now with it and a bunch of shapers and elders, and i like the lines i have on those items, all having mana regen, aspect etc...

Very happy with this as my main league build. Always loved trappers but didn't think they were this viable. Was so wrong. Extremely good and every bit or more viable than the summoners and other meta stuff running around out there. Making so much money i'm just collecting conquerer and awakener orbs and fossils at this point for crafting fun.

Bought chest for 80c, warlord's slammed, then linked:

Along the way i ended up making these 3:
Spoiler

About 25 attempts into fossil crafting pristine + scorched. The way i do is buy 2 helms and keep crafting on whichever is the least good at the time. I had a personal requirement of being able to craft the phys to elemental on it, not just the - fire resist landing:

Had to buy multiple pairs of gloves and annul them. This one finally landed a good annul on good gloves:

Made the belt with pristine + prismatic attempts

Bought 4 stat line shield and added aspect and hybrid chaos resist craft.

Chaos spammed the amulet and then crafted life and got a lucky exalt slam on second good resist:

The rest is pretty standard, i still havn't gotten the enchant on boots but i've only done about 5 runs for it. I hate the lab, and while it'd help me kill shaper and sirus faster, it's not absolutely neccessary obviously and about no help outside those few boss situations with just 1 mob.

Got a trap damage, area damage, max life, cold resist jewel with corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you for only 2 exalts, pretty necessary.

Total HP: Life 6627 ES 3410, for 10,037 hit points combined with steel skin level 20 CWDT and 23% phys damage taken as fire and over capped chaos resist.

Deathless Awakener 8 video. (almost committed suicide twice at the start, this was my 2nd awakener attempt, died 5 times on the first kill learning the fight).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oCQ4cvX_Xk&t=38s

nice informations and cool gear :D
sadly the build doesnt get any feedback until the author finished content in 16 days cause build is so stronk ^^
its rly stronk indeed and i am having lots of fun. i decided maxing it out after testing some other builds and just jumping between em burning currency. i am pretty new and wanted to touch all aspects of the game with a build for delving, farming and bossing and it ended up like all my short journeys in poe without achieving anything. neither i have seen any endgame bosses nor did i concentrate on one build. now i got more understanding about crafting and the great different possibilities this game offers at least.
what ever now i calm my tits sticking with this great build, getting all watchstones first instead of gimping pob or poe trade^^
i learned my lesson and start playing the game :D

maybe you can take a look on my gear so i can figure out which parts i should switch first.
right now i am trying to craft a sick warlords sceptre with scorched and aetheric fossils but after checking your build i am not sure anymore if its even worth focusing on sceptre. you dont even have +1 fire gems mod on sceptre and maybe i am too obsessed by getting it wit perfect other stats.
i should craft a chest instead getting phys dps to fire stuff.
also changing my glorious vanity where i spent 3 more points than necessary.
2 times fire resistance 10/13, 5% incr. area of effect for getting 32% incr. fire dps 0,2% fire dps leeched as life.
rest of nodes is pretty ok as well but its still 3 points i should spend somewhere else.
i like the gain % mana as energy shield nodes and also the other route to more life nodes.
after reading your stuff and watching pob i am thinking of orientating me on your items and skilltree.

https://pastebin.com/nCxxjTcq

long blabla i would rly appreciate if you take a short look on my build telling me which items are worth to keep :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info