[3.9] Champion Impale Shrapnel Ballista | 7K+ Life | Great Single Target! | All Content!

"
xMustard wrote:
don't forget about the belt The Nomad. this will be massive massive dps boost and keeps some resistances.

if you're able to sac the life, it would be huge. upwards of 90% dmg, 50% inc flask charges gained, 25% all res. yes plz

Oops, went off to reacquaint myself with that belt. Personally, I rely pretty heavily on the slot for resists, so I couldn't give those up. But you're right, that's a big ol' chunk of damage, and if people have made those resists and life up elsewhere, HARD to beat. Nice call.
"
Nawul wrote:
Heya i got a stupid question, is this build playable with the Perseverance + Daresso's Defiance "combo"?

I dropped a perfect perseverance and 6linked a perfect Daresso's Defiance with 3fus, so i wanted to play some character with this "combo".

Do you know if the Onslaught buff works on ballistas?

Forgive my ignorance to 'the combo', if you'd elaborate, I'd appreciate it. But Onslaught works for Ballistas, I read that Perseverance's Onslaught doesn't show up on the buff bar, but I don't see why it would be an exception to the rule. Worth a test, to be sure. Would love to know.
"
Ghostzapper wrote:
"
Nawul wrote:
Heya i got a stupid question, is this build playable with the Perseverance + Daresso's Defiance "combo"?

I dropped a perfect perseverance and 6linked a perfect Daresso's Defiance with 3fus, so i wanted to play some character with this "combo".

Do you know if the Onslaught buff works on ballistas?

Forgive my ignorance to 'the combo', if you'd elaborate, I'd appreciate it. But Onslaught works for Ballistas, I read that Perseverance's Onslaught doesn't show up on the buff bar, but I don't see why it would be an exception to the rule. Worth a test, to be sure. Would love to know.

I'll test and update here.

The "combo" is the free Onslaught 100% uptime (because you always have Fortify) with 140% Onslaught Effect from Daresso's Defiance + 3 nodes on Skill Tree (Graceful Assault wheel).
In your guide you're saying to grab the most juicy rares everywhere which are not uniques, what mods would you recommend looking for? Reduced mana cost + flat physical damage?
Btw i'm having some issues on red maps with survivability only 4.7hp even with taking tons of hp nodes, what can you recommend? My char is Infractus I'm using a slightly different version, with iron reflexes and Arborix without dodge as you can see though damage isn't big problem yet.
Last edited by Profatum on Dec 31, 2019, 1:35:17 PM
"
Ghostzapper wrote:
"
Wharhogg wrote:
I'm coming over from a Heiro Ele hit build that suffered a major nerf in 3.9. THis build fit well...I already had Kaoms, Arborix, Skirmish, Starks, and a perfect totem jewel. I'm thinking for gloves I'm going to run the near perfect Winds of Change I have---the 49% increased projectile damage is pretty awesome. Also I am going to run a 40% Belly over Kaoms, without needing the fire damage 40% to max health and sockets will out do the +500.

I noticed leveling that Vulnerability is a huge dps boost, do you run the Frenzy/power on crit gems just for charges?

Could run blasphemy support+Vuner instead of pride and save 15% mana reserved....i personally don't mind clicking Vunerability so I'll run increased radius in place of blasphemy.

So far the build is going well, thanks for it!

For leveling bows I suggest Quillrain until Death's Harp at 32.

Glad you're fitting in your own choices! Sucks that the build you wanted got hit, but happy this one is working for you.

Yup! To the Frenzy/Crit, strictly for charges. I thought that I would be able to have an attack to spam while the totems did their thing, but it can actually be a bit tough to work in. Frenzy charges are incredible for these slow attackers, and blood rage is an option, but I didn't like it at all.

I ran Blasphemy+Vulnerability until I corrupted my gloves, and you're right, quite the DPS gain. But if you can stand to self-cast even better! Good luck!

AHh yea! That's what I figured for charges, I think I'm going to run what I had going in the other build...Bloodrage+duration+steelskin+cast on damage taken@lvl 10----then i get the rage boost without the annoying clicking.

I'm thinking of trying Tombfists+Bubonic trail+stygian belt combo for an extra 50% damage and a pile of health. For an annoint I think I'm gonna grab Primal Manifestation---I miss the longer totem duration and higher life and soem bonus dmg.

Also leveling tip until you get a 6L-----go get pierce support!
Last edited by Wharhogg on Dec 31, 2019, 1:56:33 PM
"
I'll test and update here.

The "combo" is the free Onslaught 100% uptime (because you always have Fortify) with 140% Onslaught Effect from Daresso's Defiance + 3 nodes on Skill Tree (Graceful Assault wheel).

Sounds, good. I didn't know if there was something a bit trickier at play, so I can't imagine that not working. But please, do update!
"
Profatum wrote:
In your guide you're saying to grab the most juicy rares everywhere which are not uniques, what mods would you recommend looking for? Reduced mana cost + flat physical damage?
Btw i'm having some issues on red maps with survivability only 4.7hp even with taking tons of hp nodes, what can you recommend? My char is Infractus I'm using a slightly different version, with iron reflexes and Arborix without dodge as you can see though damage isn't big problem yet.

Just took a look at your character. Seems like you've made an upgrade since this post! Sitting at 5.4k with 180% is just fine with a damage chest.

I've switched over to Arborix/Iron Reflexes as well, and I'm liking it. Feeling a bit squishier with a much lower life pool. I've dumped a lot of points into the shadow's crit passives. But that's pretty off-topic here.

For the rares, yeah. T1 Life rolls, T3+ Resists, those types of things. Flat Physical is nice, but 38.3% Added Damage Eeffectiveness is brutal. I don't know about mana reduction, I've resigned myself to using an Enduring flask, so the cost is irrelevant when the flask has charges, which is 99.8% of the time. I see you've put it on some jewelry, though. How does that feel?
"
AHh yea! That's what I figured for charges, I think I'm going to run what I had going in the other build...Bloodrage+duration+steelskin+cast on damage taken@lvl 10----then i get the rage boost without the annoying clicking.

I'm thinking of trying Tombfists+Bubonic trail+stygian belt combo for an extra 50% damage and a pile of health. For an annoint I think I'm gonna grab Primal Manifestation---I miss the longer totem duration and higher life and soem bonus dmg.

Also leveling tip until you get a 6L-----go get pierce support!

Sounds good, I think you've got a feel for how lazy I like to play with auras and buffs, so I appreciate your CWDT setup!

I like the Abyssal combo you've got working there, too. Let me know how you end up liking that, for sure!

Primal Manifestation seems fine, can't argue with any of those stats you're getting. I'm assuming you aren't going crit, then. Unless you're just trying to avoid the more expensive Anoints for the time being. In any case, good luck.

Absolutely required on Pierce! Part of me wishes the additional arrow enchant didn't exist. That pierces 6 additional enemies enchant would be sooo nice and free up a link.
"
Ghostzapper wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

Just took a look at your character. Seems like you've made an upgrade since this post! Sitting at 5.4k with 180% is just fine with a damage chest.

I've switched over to Arborix/Iron Reflexes as well, and I'm liking it. Feeling a bit squishier with a much lower life pool. I've dumped a lot of points into the shadow's crit passives. But that's pretty off-topic here.

For the rares, yeah. T1 Life rolls, T3+ Resists, those types of things. Flat Physical is nice, but 38.3% Added Damage Eeffectiveness is brutal. I don't know about mana reduction, I've resigned myself to using an Enduring flask, so the cost is irrelevant when the flask has charges, which is 99.8% of the time. I see you've put it on some jewelry, though. How does that feel?

About mana cost, it makes gameplay very comfortable, free frenzy, dash, i am able to cast ballistas without enduring mana flask, but yeah you are right with mana flask it's just waste of mods, i shouldn't bought these rings. It adds the ability to add herald of purity for added damage and some meat bags in the future though. With 2-3 such mods 2% of our mana might be enough to cast ballistas taking into account mana on every ring which comes with reduced mana cost. But for this i'll need enlighten lvl 4. Right now my character doesn't even have right flasks set up, so i don't know if this will be as effective as i think, but you can try if you have some currency to spare.
Last edited by Profatum on Dec 31, 2019, 5:23:28 PM
How are you doing influenced t15-16 maps? I'm really struggling with them, i'm even thinking about switching to something else, like yes, this build had really good damage against single target This build is actually much more melee than most "melees" in this game, you have to get close to the monsters and then place ballista since ballista placement and attack ranges are very small. And new influence packs have shitton of projectiles, which deal tons of damage especially in red maps with high density and a lot of damage mods, so much damage that doesn't matter do you have fortify, do you have 8k hp or not, you just die.
And retarded Arborix which is BiS effect breaks all mtxes, that's the worst issue of this build apparently.
Last edited by Profatum on Jan 1, 2020, 7:58:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info