Xbox one Loot Filters?

I added a few custom loot filters to my account on the website so i could use them in-game but they are not showing up? was wondering why?
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2019, 12:39:33 PM
It is currently bugged.

Not sure if you have to be in an Instance (but why not to be sure), open the right hand Menu (the one with Options). Check the Filter List to see if your Custom Filter is available. If not, close and repeat (should show up on first repeat I believe). Select your Custom Filter.

Now, for every new Instance, if your Custom Filter is not being used by the game, open the right hand Menu and close it. If the Filters change stop - otherwise open and close again (usually takes a repeat). Your Custom Filter will work in that Instance now (but if you open the right hand Menu again like to place the MetaMorph encounter, it may flip back and you will have to re-flip it).

Tedious, but workable - and if you really like your Custom Filter, probably worth it. My experience is that it works best if you make sure to switch Filters every Instance (I have had my Custom Filter get "lost" and it took some fiddling to get it back on the Menu.)

Edit: My Custom Filter got lost when I tried to switch back and forth between it and NS Semi-Strict (upon which it is based). My Custom Filter disappeared from the Filter List and eventually I logged out and did a null edit on my Custom Filter. I do not know if both steps are required but it worked. Since then I have stuck with just switching to my Custom Filter from the Default and it is working.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last edited by walkjohn55 on Dec 27, 2019, 8:14:29 AM
The Loot Filters do seem somewhat buggy - Sometimes they're only partially working.

For instance, if I go into an instance and notice that the drop counts aren't what I expect and then notice that the items I'd expect to be highlighted are not, then I know I need to reset my loot filter. Once reset during play, it seems to "stick" for the rest of the session. But, I may need to reset it again next session.

I don't recall a League since I've been playing on XBox (Abyss League) where this buggy issue didn't appear.

Some kind of bug always seems to crop up with the Loot Filter. The League, I first noticed it when all the currency drops were being given the white/grey loot text... I probably mistook plenty of juicy currency drops as scrolls before I noticed the bug.

PS - It's not worth reporting. It's been reported many times and has never been fixed. I assume it's a game feature outside of GGG's ability to fix due to <insert reason>. Just reset your Filter when you notice something weird going on with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info