[3.12] Hasunic's Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Trickster | Leaguestarter | Ailment Immunity | SSF

"
Jaynen00 wrote:
"
Hasunic wrote:
Stibnite flask already blinds with smoke, you know?

Yes but thats a flask and isnt always on etc

You can also use Smoke Mine.
"
emaxee wrote:
"
Nágash wrote:
"
emaxee wrote:
I see some people also added flesh and stone/aspect of the spider to the build. I have an option to do this too. But im confused what aura is better and what stance do they use in F&S, sand for defense or blood for maim. Can u help me pls

I play in Sand Stance, because this way I get app. 78% to EVADE ATTACKS without using expensive (50%) Grace Aura. On top I take LESS Projectile Damage. Its a great defensive option for 25% reservation. And yes, aspect of the spider gives a nice slow on top of our slow from the toxic rain hits, and you get 15% MORE DAMAGE agains all enemies that live longer then a second.

Yea but i can choose only 1 of this ) Cant decide which is better

Checked your character and like I thought you have the same mana reservation for malevolance on your amu I played with until 2-3 days ago. You can put the life/mana catalyst on that amulet, divine it and have 30% less reservation. With an Enlighten 4 and Charisma like you have, you will be able to have all 4 active with app. 55 - 60 mana left !

With -mana cost on rings and amulet and the clarity watcher with -mana cost you will have no mana cost on TR.

Edit:
But I changed that setup to more damage now. It was nice to play with 5k life and 3.9k ES to learn all the new bosses and metamorphs in this league, but now I decided to go without carisma, and without one of the 3 small aura reservation and went with like 20% more damage and only 2.7k or 3.2k ES. Thats more then enough when you have more damage, you know.

Edit 2:
Especialy if you play with a "fenzy on hit" + "explode chest" like me - thats the real game changer for this build if you ask me - thanks to Hasunic for the explode tip again >3
Last edited by Nágash on Feb 1, 2020, 2:23:01 AM
Yes there's alot of opportunity cost if you lock your gear so heavily to run that many aura's, however I realy respect the sort of min maxing that you had to come up with to make this possible, haha!

I realy enjoy a chest like that, and the frenzy on hit sounds like a huge QoL! Thanks for all the imput, this will definently make the guide even better for next league.

Right now, I'm still playing SSF and I enjoy it a ton. There are so many choices that you can do on the passive tree to make it fit with your gear.

Basicly in about 35 hours I have not felt a lack of progression and using

Realy showed me how hard is it to craft a chest that yields more eHP, and you realy need to get half-lucky with the dense crafting.

Furthermore I'm using a imperial bow until I can finish my crafting on the thicket bow, and thus my current bow only have +1/+1, crafted chaos dot multi and 1.59 attack rate, still I'm able to farm t15/t16 safely.

I've been using smoke bomb for a long time to move faster and more importantly blind metamorph a because I wasn't able to get a witchfire brew, but I have that now :)
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Ty for build Hasunic and for ur help Nagash i get a lot from ur build variation on poe.ninja :) I will try to make all that stuff for both aspect and F&S. Yesterday i crafted a sadist garb with 2k eva & 450 es + free suffix. Will use it soon instead of carcass.
Another question is it worth to spent 10-15 ex for extra dmg multiplier on quiver?
Last edited by emaxee on Feb 1, 2020, 7:31:08 AM
"
emaxee wrote:
Ty for build Hasunic and for ur help Nagash i get a lot from ur build variation on poe.ninja :) I will try to make all that stuff for both aspect and F&S. Yesterday i crafted a sadist garb with 2k eva & 450 es + free suffix. Will use it soon instead of carcass.
Another question is it worth to spent 10-15 ex for extra dmg multiplier on quiver?

Grats to your chest, and no, not for that price, but thats only IMHO.
I needed resist on my quiver, so I went with chaos-mulit, high life and resist. Then crafted iAS on it, finished. The only big upgreade IMHO would be movespeed and/or one additional arrow. There was one like that for sale for 8ex two days ago, but I missed it. Now its only 60ex+ and thats not worth at all.

Edit:
Like Hasunic mentioned above, you can play that build in so many different ways. Chests, gloves, minimum frenzys or -mana cost rings, many diffent trees (all good in their own right), etc., etc. I would try out different things and look what yoou like most. For me it was "explodeeee" :D

Edit2:
Be aware about my Ninja, because you cant see there that I play without Discipline or without Aspect. Like I said I respeced out of Charisma and play with a higher damage amulet, not with the malevolance reservation one. And yes, the damage on POENInja is wrong, too. Because the +1 to dex gems is not calculated :D - its over 200k atm.
Last edited by Nágash on Feb 1, 2020, 9:46:25 AM
Thank you so much for this build! This is my second PoE league (I started mid-Blight) and I'm having tons of fun after switching to this from an Ice Crash Juggernaut.

I had a quick question, if anyone wants to answer: what's the biggest difference between this Toxic Rain build and this one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2467666/page/1 ?
Last edited by TalkativeTri on Feb 3, 2020, 6:11:48 PM
Used that guide as a base for a 100 climb this season and i must admit despite knowing it i'm pleasantly surprise by the amount of damage TR does 'All content clear with it'. Noticed it when i was leveling scourge last season & told myself i'll give it a go next time for a full tr build.

Nonetheless went for the high budget because it was a reroll but i'm pretty sure on low budget you'll still be fine on it.

10/10 would play on it again.
I assume we don't need to craft +1 minimum frenzy charges on our rings if we go for the chest mod "gain frenzy charge on hit" right?
"
Nekuuuuuu wrote:
I assume we don't need to craft +1 minimum frenzy charges on our rings if we go for the chest mod "gain frenzy charge on hit" right?

No :) And it's not a "You must have this".
But getting a chest with frenzy charge on hit is a big QoL and it's a very nice way of getting frenzy charges.

On SSF I've started using
. I've picked all the big strength nodes, so I have 224 str over 220 dexterity.
This makes me immune to shock and ignite + give me 44% increased damage, which is kinda ok.
I think it's something that should be considered, if you can fit it(It doesn't have any resistances)

But by using coil, I'm essentially immune to ailments and I still have room for a 29% increased movement speed flask + a warding flask
[3.9]Hasunic's Toxic Rain Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2712106
[3.7]Voidforge Flicker Strike Slayer: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2532214
[3.7]Oni-Goroshi Fire Vaal Reave Zerker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2583978
Can someone please take a look at my character and see what upgrades I should make. I'm farming t16s pretty comfortably but the single target for metamorphs and bosses feels low. My pob shaper dps is 41k. Im seeing comparable builds putting up almost double that or more. I have about 4-5ex to spend.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info