EA 3.9 Ignite -- Cap Your Damage

"
Rhaegar_G wrote:
"
Sataki wrote:
A fair warning

This should be on the first page really cause not a lot of ppl will go to the last pages of commetns before trying out a build, and you're about to waste a lot of time and currency.

This build might look fun, one-shotting bosses.
It does, occationally when it works. When it doesnt you're finding yourself facefirst on the ground dead, looking at lost experience.

I've given it a fair chance now. I invested 40+ exalts. I've played it everyday for the past month. I would not recommend it to anyone. Ever. Not even a person I really hate.

Mapping is out of the question. You'll get killed in 1 attack in T11 maps and up. Unless you fancy yourself sitting and rerolling maps for 200+ chaos everyday just to find something you can run, and scrapping dead maps that you corrupted. There is so many map mods you cant run its a damn lottery.

The biggest issue is the choice to run Divine Flesh, from glorious vanity.
Even having capped out my char with chaos resist you're looking at 2-4 deaths every map from random projectiles killing you from off the screen.
Any mob, be it white, magic or rare jumping at you results in more deaths.
Your sustain is basically non since the healing from firedmg does nothing since the ignite kills everything instantnly anyway, and your flasks wont help you the way they have to be crafted to sustain your mana and give you fortify uptime.

There is a reason the build creator stopped playing his character at 90 and moved on. Looking at the amount of deaths you get from trying to map everyday, you're not leveling much higher then 90..

There's plenty of other builds this league, take my advice and look at them rather then here.

Sorry for bashing your build but I'm equally sorry myself for the currency and time I invested trying to make it work out.

A lot to take in here, but lets look at the concrete lie and call it a day. I am 98. Easily verifiable.

Why would I level to 100 on a bossing build when the last two levels I get are damage, when damage is literally causing the build to do 0 due to a bug?

Good luck, and yes this build is very much not for everyone. Strong attention to detail is required and not everyone has that. For instance, reading 98 as 90 is a sign that you would probably be better off playing a run-of-the-mill summoner build.

Summoner is powerful and simple, but I played that to the rank 1 Necromancer position on Delve ladder last league and held it for weeks. Not playing it again.

Apologise for the inevitable quote chain, but I wanted to chime in here.

I played a slave driver build in blight and whilst it was strong, it was very mindless and did not require any effort, towards the end of blight I was running juiced T15 blighted maps and AFKing at the pump, that's how mindless it became.

This league I decided on Explosive Arrow the second I saw the preview for it. I am not running the same build as Rhaegar, I decided to go with Raider and focus on stacking frenzy charges.

I have definitely struggled at times with this build, but through either perseverance or stubbornness, I have carried on with it and not dropped it and the one thing I have to say that it really has taught me more about the game, it has forced me to learn so many mechanics that I simply breezed through to easily to notice.

I feel the amount of investment in both time and currency has paid off, both because of the learning experience and also due to how strong my character has become. It's also funny seeing people react to metamorphs and conqs instantly dying
"
How about swift affliction support gem for clearing?

You can, but combustion probably adds more damage without a penalty to total damage.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
"
Sataki wrote:

I know about the curse flask, I am working on it but it has been extraordinary hard to roll those 2 mods. That's one of my own shortcomints though, has nothing to do with the build in full.

I am not even trying to start to craft in this game normally, but it is so simple, it almost hurts:

1. Buy an Eternal Mana Flask for nothing.
2. Transmute once and Alt-Spam until you get "Enduring" prefix without suffix.
3. Got to Bestiary and execute the dead simple encounter for "of Warding" suffix. No RNG there.

I assume you did not know of the third step.

Last edited by CoalBucket on Jan 26, 2020, 9:24:28 AM
"
FIPOLINIO wrote:
"
Sataki wrote:
"

LOL I've read everything you had to say about the build and I don't even know where you are coming about with this, 50+ex? dude I've invested 15ex and the only times I die in maps it's because maps with huge crit multi and chance porcupines or random one shots that are already something known to happen in this game, your characters tabs is still private btw, I don't know what you are on about honestly, I've done awakener 8 with no problem, guardians and every hard boss in the game without ever facing a one shot if it wasn't for me being dumb. Either you literally don't understand how the build works, or you are just simply trolling.

You start of with boldly exclaiming "LOL" and that you've read everything I've had to say then show that you have not. This is written by me on january 25, just a couple of posts above your own.

"Single target and bossing is totally fine, if you want a build for that go for it its good (except the fact that EA is bugged)."

Good for you that you killed awakener 8 and every other hard boss in the game, so have I and most others. Its what the build excells at. Imbecile.

Last edited by Sataki on Jan 26, 2020, 9:40:27 AM
EA damage bug still there, feels like nothing has changed since patch -_- It's best to invest more on defensives IMO. I no longer use focus setup and it never bugs out anymore, it can still insta phase awakener 8 sirus, better to opt out for more QOL helms or phys mitigation.
I need some help with this build. I've been trying to get the ignite damage up but I can't for the life of me figure out what I need at the moment. The single target is a bit too slow and the clear is not too amazing either, survivability is good at least.

https://pastebin.com/wCRA2wWH

here's the PoB, if someone wants help and tell me what I need to replace to make this build work
"
Axon_Griegor wrote:
I need some help with this build. I've been trying to get the ignite damage up but I can't for the life of me figure out what I need at the moment. The single target is a bit too slow and the clear is not too amazing either, survivability is good at least.

here's the PoB, if someone wants help and tell me what I need to replace to make this build work

Lv19 EA looks like the biggest problem, EA works like spell gems as it adds flat damage, you’ll feel better after fixing it, also mirage archer is OK for clearing when you don’t have enough ignite dps. Little things you can add generic attack damage on jewelleries make huge overall dps. Can use starkonja’s head or any rare with EA enchant they sell for cheap.
Last edited by shape3169 on Jan 26, 2020, 10:21:12 PM
"
Axon_Griegor wrote:

Flasks are also a good and affordable place to start. I think a lot of people who struggled the most with this build either had pierce quivers, flat fire on attacks, or severely neglected flasks.

Quality on EA gems looks to be holding you back from capping ignite chance.

Edit: Further inquiry, and I can say jewels with attack speed are a solid upgrade. IAS is a tremendously powerful way of scaling damage. 4% more attack rate != 4% more damage, its a lot more.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Last edited by Rhaegar_G on Jan 27, 2020, 1:14:58 AM
Guess i will take a pause with this league (cause really tired of game), but this build is insane, and i'd like to give a short-review.

- Started with Tabula and One "Quill" and now we are here:
Spoiler
not much, but this includes all build power-up investments

- Done all of the late game boss-challenges, icluding Katarina 83, Uber-Elder, Uber-Atziri, Awakener level 8
Spoiler

- Done nearly all the map mods on T-16 (excluding elemental reflect and ailment-immune mods)
Spoiler

- Pastbin pretty simmilar with OP's: https://pastebin.com/Z3r77hXS

PS: Forgot to thank OP for great build. First time done 36 (nearly 38) achievements. Hope to see more builds from you!
Last edited by masrood on Jan 27, 2020, 1:46:40 AM
So you just don't use or recommend GMP or even Awakened GMP b/c you can get +3 proj from flask with enough flask effect?

Or because you can stack hella fuses using totems + GMP and just use damage supports on bossing setup instead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info