[3.9] Crit Artillery Ballista — Good for start and Safe for Metamorph bosses| SSF Friendly (Video)

Hey there. Build in progress. Right now at t13 maps. Have pros and cons.
Build will be updated soon.

Update
Build is good for starting and mapping. If you want safe farm scary t10-12 maps with poor gear - it's ok. Ballistas shoot far, can clear all maps and easy to play. But if you want make a way to endgame bosses - use new char. Ballistas are too stupid against solo target.

Gear
Spoiler

Ashrend for cheap 7l

Chin sol for close range damage

The Nomad for better dps

There's no core items. You can play with any trash.

My Gear atm
Spoiler

PoB
Spoiler

Kill all bandits
PoB - https://pastebin.com/9xe4GAdp
Change Empire Grasp at Big boss fights. This gloves good for mapping

Pros and cons
Spoiler

+cheap;
+safe for metamorph and other bosses;
+nice clearspeed;
+great for ssf;
+all map mods.

-poor single target against metabuilds;
-ballistas are stupid as f'ck! hard to navigate them against one target in mess;
-need mana flask;
-for good survivability you need better gear

Video
Spoiler

T11 49% more life - https://youtu.be/WXwYq_qqhQk
Sorry for lags and long metamorph fight
Last edited by Kursed_one on Dec 27, 2019, 3:14:46 PM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2020, 1:10:47 AM
Updated
6l on market - 20c
Привет курседон,гайд на ютубе будет?
"
Ceh9xGod wrote:
Привет курседон,гайд на ютубе будет?

ХЗ пока

Updated Tree
Привет , а этот билд подойдёт для "соло в шейпера", хочу повторить твои мучения :D
"
AOVeRUS wrote:
Привет , а этот билд подойдёт для "соло в шейпера", хочу повторить твои мучения :D

Сложный вопрос. Шейпера я не пробовал с ним. Здоровье боссов заметно увеличили, а попасть к старику теперь не так-то просто. Не ручаюсь ответить
Importing your character into PoB, the damage is incredibly low. Tooltip wise, something like 20k per totem.

Even allowing for the 50% more from chin sol and 30% more from point blank, it's still around 40k per totem for 120k total dps.

Am I missing something obvious?

That said, ashrend 6l being 10-15chaos is crazy, I'm surprised more people aren't using them. For anything green related (which means most bow builds, to start), having a 6l with added fire 10 and some life, resist and evasion is pretty nice for cheaper than a tabula...
"
Pathological wrote:
Importing your character into PoB, the damage is incredibly low. Tooltip wise, something like 20k per totem.

Even allowing for the 50% more from chin sol and 30% more from point blank, it's still around 40k per totem for 120k total dps.

That said, ashrend 6l being 10-15chaos is crazy, I'm surprised more people aren't using them. For anything green related (which means most bow builds, to start), having a 6l with added fire 10 and some life, resist and evasion is pretty nice for cheaper than a tabula...

You must turn on close range, project travel distance and covered in ash (from chief passive). That's similar for blast rain. PoB calculate damage from 1 arrow. Artillery ballista shoot 5 arrows. Right now on my PoB over 80k dps per totem with single arrow.
Also PoB doesn't have ensnaring arrow buff effect yet (20 inc proj damage)

80*5=400 from single totem
400*5=2 million dps

Most annoying part of ballista's - they really stupid. When you need attack only one enemy - totems trying attack each. That's why Atziri's fight is really annoying for example.
New video and summary for build
"
Kursed_one wrote:
"
Pathological wrote:

You must turn on close range, project travel distance and covered in ash (from chief passive). That's similar for blast rain. PoB calculate damage from 1 arrow. Artillery ballista shoot 5 arrows. Right now on my PoB over 80k dps per totem with single arrow.
Also PoB doesn't have ensnaring arrow buff effect yet (20 inc proj damage)

80*5=400 from single totem
400*5=2 million dps

Most annoying part of ballista's - they really stupid. When you need attack only one enemy - totems trying attack each. That's why Atziri's fight is really annoying for example.

I mean.. that assumes that
a. all 5 arrows hit the target, which they won't, and
b. every ballista is next to every target, which they won't be.

That said, the video looks ok, it clearly works fine. No chance in hell you are actually achieving 2mil dps against anything, but fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info