New passive tree notables don't have anoint recipes

Hey, so while this is more a lack of a feature than a bug I still feel it deserves some official attention.

For example the Panopticon and Watchtowers notables can't be anointed on gear because the skill tree doesn't offer any oil recipes for them. This creates an unfair balance where some builds can access these notables easier and then anoint the "old" notables on the other side of the tree but same can't be done vice versa.

Also if any new passive clusters are ever added (which is quite likely) the same issue will apply and at some point in the future 1/10th or some other fraction of the tree won't be usable for no discernible reason.
Last edited by Bnethor on Dec 18, 2019, 6:59:31 PM
Last bumped on May 2, 2020, 1:19:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Bnethor wrote:
Hey, so while this is more a lack of a feature than a bug I still feel it deserves some official attention.

For example the Panopticon and Watchtowers notables can't be anointed on gear because the skill tree doesn't offer any oil recipes for them. This creates an unfair balance where some builds can access these notables easier and then anoint the "old" notables on the other side of the tree but same can't be done vice versa.

Also if any new passive clusters are ever added (which is quite likely) the same issue will apply and at some point in the future 1/10th or some other fraction of the tree won't be usable for no discernible reason.

Thanks for your report, this is currently intended however we would like to look into this later on.
WTF, you saying?
Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
He saying they don't exist. It is intended they don't exist however, they will be looking to add them later on.
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
Bnethor wrote:

Thanks for your report, this is currently intended however we would like to look into this later on.

Thank you very much for the reply (no sarcasm); it's good to have this straightened out for now so people can focus on playing around it instead of expecting any changes in the immediate future. I know I'm relieved!
I thought every possible combination of oil was already in use. For further anointments, they'd have to change the annointed recipe system iirc
Last edited by TiamatRoar on Dec 19, 2019, 10:20:02 AM
"
TiamatRoar wrote:
I thought every possible combination of oil was already in use. For further anointments, they'd have to change the annointed recipe system iirc

That's what I thought based on what I'd heard, but there's nothing like checking yourself, right? If the anointment list on wiki actually lists all the anointments as it claims..

It turns out that recipes come in following form factors:

AAA
AAB
BAA
ABC (and all their combinations)

However there wasn't a single ABA recipe. I can't check in game what Cassia says if I try to put something like that in, but I'll do so later and go from there.
Order doesn’t matter. ABA is AAB, unless I don’t understand what you mean.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Dec 21, 2019, 2:09:26 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Order doesn’t matter. ABA is AAB, unless I don’t understand what you mean.

I had a chance to test it out. You're correct. That is such a disappointing design choice but I sort of understand why they did it.

Well, making it matter would be an obvious solution in that case without having to make new oils or fiddling with the UI even. Depending on how it's coded this is either extremely easy or a pain in the ass, hard to know from this side of the table. Then again just adding another oil may be preferable to GGG if they just want to keep the system running with the same logic.
simply add a 4th box for recipe/oils/annointing...
instead of 3 oils, you will need 4.

combination of 4 oils gives you way bit more of outcomes.

but adding new oil would be probably easier, in terms of not needing to recreate the existing 3 oils recipes to 4 oils :D

I just hope, they gonna make the newer notables to be available in future with annoints.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info