[3.9] Impale Spectral Spirits Summoner. Intangible minions tearing up the Atlas

Im in progress....

Thanks for tutorial how craft: "First Try"

But I didnt get 8k-9k es, I have only 6k es, I didnt know what wrong.
Last edited by rsrx18 on Dec 19, 2019, 1:25:40 PM
"
XLordShadowX wrote:
Hi there,
that's a damn nice build!
What are your thoughts on building this one as a necromancer though?
I understand that you decided on guardian because of all the defensive mechanics and ally buffs.
But how do you think would a necromancer fare with all of the specific minion buffs?

Most of the numbers are actually pretty simple
- Radient Crusade = 21% more damage (+20% resistances)
- Unwavering Crusade = 23% more damage

- Radient Faith = 22% more ES
- Bastion of Hope = 10% spell block

Necromancer
- Commander of darkness = 8% more damage (+20% resistances)
- Mindless Aggression = 11% more damage

The rest of the nodes require corpse generation (which we don't have time to do) or just give minion life. + gem levels will give skeletons damage but will do nothing to spirits. Necro is best for easier minion life but falls short in damage and defense for this character

"
Im in progress....

6k is a good start and you have the damage mitagations working. Your helm, gloves and boots all have pretty low ES and you should quality them to get more while you save up for items with a higher total
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
XLordShadowX wrote:
Hi there,
that's a damn nice build!
What are your thoughts on building this one as a necromancer though?
I understand that you decided on guardian because of all the defensive mechanics and ally buffs.
But how do you think would a necromancer fare with all of the specific minion buffs?

Most of the numbers are actually pretty simple
- Radient Crusade = 21% more damage (+20% resistances)
- Unwavering Crusade = 23% more damage

- Radient Faith = 22% more ES
- Bastion of Hope = 10% spell block

Necromancer
- Commander of darkness = 8% more damage (+20% resistances)
- Mindless Aggression = 11% more damage

The rest of the nodes require corpse generation (which we don't have time to do) or just give minion life. + gem levels will give skeletons damage but will do nothing to spirits. Necro is best for easier minion life but falls short in damage and defense for this character

Thanks for the clarification.
I also tried playing around in POB with a necromancer.
Necromancer actually gets around 20k more damage (not including corpses) than the guardian.
But the necromancer loses out quite heavily in the defense department.
Neither life nor es based necromancer comes close to the defensive capabilities of the guardian (only 5.5k life or 6.5k es).
So, guardian is the all around best class for this build.
Love guardians...

...and this seem like a pretty interesting and different build

Love the cheapness and the uniqueness of the gear and if you can actually take down end game bosses with the build, that is almost unbelievable!

Looks totally awesome, must try it out...

great job mate!

Edit:

So the spectral spirits are getting support from all the gems on that bow? Even when there are no links? that's like a almost freeby 7 link. There must be a catch or I'm missing something

I actuality think necromancer may still be a good option - if you take mistress of sacrifice and use it with the cyclone-desecrate-cwc-spirit offering.
Necros can be very tanky with the right setup as I learned from this build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2642810/page/1
Over 15k ES-life with constant 2-3 ES K/S regen while cycloning

Last edited by snowmittens on Dec 20, 2019, 12:23:47 PM
How come you don't use Convocation?
"
Truman1997 wrote:
How come you don't use Convocation?

Cos no need? Spectres are in defensive mode, spirits follow you and are intangible, skeletons are expendable anyway

"
Im in progress....

6k is a good start and you have the damage mitagations working. Your helm, gloves and boots all have pretty low ES and you should quality them to get more while you save up for items with a higher total[/quote]

thanks, I will try get anothers with more energy shield!

congratulations for build.
Hello, just picked this guide up, currently leveling. Was wondering? How many jewellers does it take to 6 socket smth usually? I sinked like 500 in my bow but with no success :(.
Hey Ho :D
First thank you for the guide :)
Playing your build and it makes a ton of fun. i put some currency in it and it works very well. near 8k ES and enough dmg to kill anything in my way :)

i will soon hit lvl 91 and i want to ask what are the next skill points to spend in ? i m new player and dont know what could be best next^^

have a nice day friend :)
- Can this build kill Uber Elder or Sirus?
- I've around 5ex, what to invest more to have more sustain and damages?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info