[Guide] Fossil Crafting Beginners Guide

Hello everyone, as a reply to a question on my Cobra Lash Assassin Guide I just wrote a Fossil Crafting Guide and figured it'd be useful to share it here aswell, to help beginners understand the matter:

"
Edit:
I made a Video Guide about Fossil Crafting which you can watch by clicking that Link.

Fossil crafting works as follows:
You chose your crafting base (for example ilvl 83 Elder Gemini Claw).
You always use this website PoE Database Taiwan to check the possible mods you can craft on your base (maybe have to change language to english). The link I provided already directs to Claw crafting. You can also open the main page and chose "Mods" to chose any other bases. The website also has data on all maps and monster and literally everything in the game. It's the most complete database.

You see on top a list of all possible fossils. Also a box to insert ilvl (most mods can roll at higher value on higher ilvl bases and some mods can't even appear on lower ilvl bases). Below you see all mods devided in prefixes and suffixes that you can roll on your base. It's also devided by normal mods (mods that the base can drop with or be rolled with alterations, alchs, etc), Shaper and Elder mods, Essence mods (for essence crafting), crafting bench mods and for us most imporantly the Delve=Fossil mods (fossils drop in delve).

Many mods have a tag like minion, attack, elemental, ..., which indicate what tags are applied to the mod and these can be either weighted to appear more often or less or to never appear with the fossils, which each list what mods they support or not support.
You can now either check for mods that you want to have, see their tags and by that chose which fossils you want to apply for crafting or you can select the fossils that were recommended to you to use for crafting and see how the mod table has changed.

If you check Aberrant (+Chaos), and Corroded (+Poison) Fossil you can see how this changed the available and preferred mods to our liking. Because there are still very many mod rolls possible, we craft the claws using also Metallic (no physical) Fossil, to remove a lot of undesired mods from the table.

You need to have each of the fossils and put them in the sockets of a delve resonator. Then you right click the socketed resonator on your crafting base and the previous mods will be overwriten with the mods on the table. Always have a couple (I'd say at least 5) of each fossils and resonator you want to use, because it is unlikely that you get the perfect result in just 1 crafting attempt.

Hope this is useful for some Exiles. Good luck and have fun! :)
Last edited by MoosGames on Jan 5, 2020, 4:43:45 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2020, 5:16:28 AM
bump
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info