[3.14] Wizzzard's Toxic Rain Miner | Starter | Lategame is NERFED

"
panthex73 wrote:
Love the build! But still not seeing the jewels, just the gems. Any Chaos damage over time, or is there a specific jewels I should be going for?

I don't know about specific jewels that tie in with chaos damage over time. But in general in rare jewels it should be something like:

- #% to chaos damage over time multiplier
- increased mine throwing speed

And then what ever else you need and can afford, like increased life, you know the drill.
Jewels with those two mods go for ~5c. Added life mod will increase the price.
Path of Building seems to suggest that adding decay would be a huge dps boost, I'm guessing decay doesn't stack with itself so this is misleading, what are your thoughts? Also, Vicious Projectiles and Swift Affliction both seem to be better than Void Manipulation. Is this build optimized much and I'm missing something?
"
Path of Building seems to suggest that adding decay would be a huge dps boost, I'm guessing decay doesn't stack with itself so this is misleading, what are your thoughts? Also, Vicious Projectiles and Swift Affliction both seem to be better than Void Manipulation. Is this build optimized much and I'm missing something?

It was probably left out from when you could get it on the bow. I'm playing a version more like Octavian's and the links are:
TR - Blastchain - Vicious Proj - Swift Assembly - Efficacy - Void Manip

Duration is super important for single target, and things felt worse swapping VM or Efficacy for Mine Damage since throwing speed is pretty important. Keep in mind PoB doesn't show duration DPS correctly with Toxic Rain.
"
JoeODanger wrote:

It was probably left out from when you could get it on the bow. I'm playing a version more like Octavian's and the links are:
TR - Blastchain - Vicious Proj - Swift Assembly - Efficacy - Void Manip

Duration is super important for single target, and things felt worse swapping VM or Efficacy for Mine Damage since throwing speed is pretty important. Keep in mind PoB doesn't show duration DPS correctly with Toxic Rain.

Mebbe I miss something but who the heck is Octavian? :D Cud you like gimme a link to that build, please?
I have some questions.

Why not use this

or this

instead of Perfect Form? I think this armor ins't really interesting both for tank and cause damage. Even Loreweave would be better.

And these bow, you need at least 10ex to buy something like this if you dont have the mods of mastermind catarina and pale council (craft this will require at least 6ex — assuming you can make the bow +1 instead of +2). This without mention the 6 linked sockets.
Last edited by An1m4ls_ on Dec 25, 2019, 7:45:25 PM
"
An1m4ls_ wrote:
I have some questions.

Why not use this

or this

instead of Perfect Form? I think this armor ins't really interesting both for tank and cause damage. Even Loreweave would be better.

And these bow, you need at least 10ex to buy something like this if you dont have the mods of mastermind catarina and pale council (craft this will require at least 6ex — assuming you can make the bow +1 instead of +2). This without mention the 6 linked sockets.

You can very much use other Chests. The perfect form is fitting for a trickster, but by far not the only choice.

The bow costs between 75c and 100 or so.
you can buy a 6 linked grey bow any base ilvl64 for about 40-60c
And then craft with a corroded + prismatic + mettalic fossile, for a guranteed +1 bow, with a chance to +2 and +3.
this usually take about 3 tries.
and the craft is just from unveiling and kinda easy to get.
any updates to the path of building? it looks pretty diferent from what we have here (gem links and gear)

about the annointments which one do you recommend if i have the currency to buy any of them?

also the amulet karui x impresence?

if you don't have the time to update the path of build, could you at least post here the best in slot for each gear slot?

i'm new to the game so i don't know any of this stuff, sorry. :)

This is what i'm using so far:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KazorDoom/characters

"
KazorDoom wrote:
any updates to the path of building? it looks pretty diferent from what we have here (gem links and gear)

about the annointments which one do you recommend if i have the currency to buy any of them?

also the amulet karui x impresence?

if you don't have the time to update the path of build, could you at least post here the best in slot for each gear slot?

i'm new to the game so i don't know any of this stuff, sorry. :)

This is what i'm using so far:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KazorDoom/characters

Its not that i dont have the time, its just work i have to do. And there is sooo much. I havent decided on what i want to run atm. I was fiddeling with some weird stuff, that i just didn't want to share as a "guide".
I am on a way better track atm.
To answer some of your questions. My profile is public, so you can import my character as Pob anytime.
the Impresence is a way better amulet then karui, if you can afford it. It has even more damage potential then solstice vigil. But i like the Vigil because of the defenesive curse.
Most people choose impresence.

For the annoinments: i have destructive apperatus for the throwing speed/damage and damage reduction. I also switched from swift assembly/minefield to just charged mines and grabbed 2 more frezny charges, which leaves me with a bunch of throwing speed and it feels great.

Another annoiment is corruption, for the pure damage.

For your bow you could a +2/3 bow with chaos over time multiplier. I explained in another comment on how to craft one.

Helmet can be one with a - chaos resist to nearby enemies.
Quiver should have chaos damage over time multiplier or bow attacks fire additional arrow. Idealy both.

Also void manipulation should be better damage then empower 2 and 3
only an empower 4 has more damage
Unless you are using a bow with +2 to socketed support gems, in which case a empower 2 becomes 4

Dying sun should be a nice flask, i have to test that tho.

You can add me ingame or on discord, if you want to ask more stuff.

I stuck increased mine damage on my bow, it SEEMS to help the damage, but I'm not sure exactly how it works with TR.
"
I stuck increased mine damage on my bow, it SEEMS to help the damage, but I'm not sure exactly how it works with TR.

From looking at your char, you are scaling everything with physical damage and therefor scaling the initial hit of the Toxic rain, not the damage over time part.
Its basically a completly different build.
Also interesting, but i have no idea how well that scales.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info