Concern/Suggestion about delay in releasing blight (anointment)

I can't say I was pleased to see console get the shaft by not adding blight on launch day. From what I remember last league, it was pc and maybe ps4 that had the most issues with blight encounters and maps. It certainly slows down on xbox, but its not game breaking most of the time. Not adding blight at start on consoles certainly hinders us from being able to anoint amulets and what I am worried about is the active player base when blight is finally released during metamorph league. If its anything like when they added betrayal, it was so late in the league(4-5 weeks) that when it finally came out it no longer mattered. If you all are going to continue down this path please make oils a drop from league (metamorph) encounters until there is a fix for whatever the problem is so when it does release there won't be just a handful of golden oils on the auction house for 10-20ex a pop.
Last edited by Zomphere on Dec 11, 2019, 1:17:45 PM
Last bumped on Dec 14, 2019, 4:27:36 AM
yeah seriously, this is a MAJOR hinder by not having blight at the start of the league on console.... many builds are reliant on those annoints now, and not having these available for the foreseeable future is an issue...

Hopefully GGG can chime in on this.
Hello,

We're currently trying some drastic changes to the blight encounters on console; The result of these changes will be a substantial reduction to the number of monsters, but will allow us to keep the blight mechanic in-game. We should soon know if this will be sufficient to have the encounters enabled.
Yeah I don't see the issue with having a significantly smaller number of minions spawn, so long as the rewards aren't penalized as a consequence of that decision.

The main thing is having access to annointments. it's a big game mechanic now.
Thank god finally someone from GGG gave us an answer on this.

Finger crossed.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Dec 11, 2019, 7:22:29 PM
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello,

We're currently trying some drastic changes to the blight encounters on console; The result of these changes will be a substantial reduction to the number of monsters, but will allow us to keep the blight mechanic in-game. We should soon know if this will be sufficient to have the encounters enabled.

Thank you for responding. It goes a long way.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello,

I hope we get blight on core system LIKE pc. players.. i played the entire
blight league with not much issues at all (using ps4 pro) and i don't understand why i can't play that content on new league...
After investigation and trying some drastic changes internally, we're going to be keeping Blight enabled on consoles. We've reduced the amount of monsters in regular Blight encounters by 50%, and 70% in blighted maps, these changes ONLY affect console platforms. These will go live with the launch of 3.9.0 on console.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
After investigation and trying some drastic changes internally, we're going to be keeping Blight enabled on consoles. We've reduced the amount of monsters in regular Blight encounters by 50%, and 70% in blighted maps, these changes ONLY affect console platforms. These will go live with the launch of 3.9.0 on console.

That's awesome, glad to hear.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Always appreciated.
Does this mean we are not getting metamorphosis or is blight going to standard im confused by this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info