Can one CoC-Attack trigger the linked spell more than once?

I did my theorycrafting, some research, some careful reading, now I know nothing.

Can one attack trigger multiple cast on crits if the attack scores a crit and that same attack hits again after the 150ms cooldown is over?
E.g. Spectral Throw projectiles travel a long time, they would have the time to trigger a spell and then another one on the way back.

I ask because I'm wondering if Barrage needs for an almost maxed out CoC 6 attacks per second or just one of his many arrows hitting every 1/6 of a second.

To clarify: I did some research and I'm clear on these:
"
Multiple trigger supports: A single skill cannot have multiple triggers. Having more than one trigger condition will cause those skills to be disabled.
Multiple triggered skills: Only one supported skill will be cast per trigger.
"
Critical strikes are rolled on a per-action basis, not per-target. So each time a creature uses a skill, the critical strike roll is made once and only once. If someone rolls a critical strike, critical damage will be dealt to all targets hit by that skill.
From reddit:
"
Chaining and GMP have nothing to do with the triggering of the spells just so you know. The trigger is the 'crit', which can only happen once per attack, period. Those supports will of course augment the attack and spell they're linked to if applicable, but they do not affect the actual triggering of the casts.

That's what I had feared. Really disappointing as the skill gem states 'The attack skill will trigger a spell when it critically strikes an enemy', so my understanding was that if with GMP + chain, if I hit and crit 20 targets, all at slightly different times, it may have had the potential to trigger more than one spell.
"
Spectral throw is a good one. I think one of the only skills that can trigger multiple triggers per attack (or at least it used to be able to).
Let tomorrow be about solutions. Today is about vengeance.
- John Oliver

Had a Chaos-DoT-Caster-guide for any class, then 2021 patches happened^^ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2485596
Last edited by Lightelder on Dec 9, 2019, 7:44:12 PM
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2019, 4:45:39 AM
There is absolutely no problem with Barrage triggering a spell multiple times.

Cyclone used to hit twice per attack before its rework as well and was used at exactly the same hit rate as it is now (with half the current tooltip APS).

Note, that the effective cooldown of Cast on Critical is 165ms rather than 150ms due to the way it interacts with server ticks. If you have 14% increased cooldown recovery speed or more, it becomes 132ms.

One more issue that is not pointed out in what you have found in your research is that while the critical strike roll is rolled once per action, the threshold is still checked per target. If a skill has different components, such as a melee and a projectile portion, the threshold for the critical hit check will consider those modifiers individually. The same applies to any buffs or debuffs on the target, like Assassin's Mark.

In most cases and with most skills, you will hit enemies with the same component of an attack and with the same debuffs on the enemies, practically simultaneously. Thus, the threshold for the critical hit will be the same for all targets, so a hit will either be a critical hit on all targets or none, but in reality there can be differences.

I am not 100% sure about whether regular GMP hits can trigger one spell or more, but if they can trigger only one, then that would be due to restrictions similar to the general prevention of "shotgunning". Otherwise that impression would be caused by the cooldown imposed by CoC.

Sequential projectiles such as from Barrage or Rain of Arrows can trigger on each projectile.

This is a pretty good guide on most interactions of CoC:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/
What is the difference between lvl 18 cast on crit support and lvl 20 cast on crit support?
"
zhenyaowen wrote:
What is the difference between lvl 18 cast on crit support and lvl 20 cast on crit support?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_On_Critical_Strike_Support

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info